THP UK - Summer Cup discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have updated Post 2 - and will need to update it again once I have spoken to the venue; but Golf only either day will be £25. Golf + Dinner will be £45.
I will now go get the price for those not staying at the venue (because we have filled it!) but want to do everything else!

Certainly can't complain - it's great value for money in general!

Ok - I'll put you in for the two days. Welcome Aboard - i'll post when they start pushing me for cash!

Welcome aboard indeed.

Will be great to get some new faces mixed in alongside the old haggered ones we now have - eh Stu ;)

Welcome aboard indeed.

Will be great to get some new faces mixed in alongside the old haggered ones we now have - eh Stu ;)

What's that you say? Old, haggard? I'm only 24 mate, it's the Sambuca makes me look 50! ;)

It might still be early days for this, but it certainly sounds promising again - will be great to get more new faces involved as well

I'll keep an eye on this and let you guys know nearer the time if I can make the trip down. Assuming I'm allowed over the border. :D

How come I missed all the fun and our northern event is still 2 hours away!! Sounds great El B and Mav, will check our diary when I'm home and let David know

How come I missed all the fun and our northern event is still 2 hours away!! Sounds great El B and Mav, will check our diary when I'm home and let David know

Honestly, you try your best and they are still not happy! ;)

For us Southerners, there is London, commuter belt, Watford gap then Scotland.. We are getting our passports ready...

I'll keep an eye on this and let you guys know nearer the time if I can make the trip down. Assuming I'm allowed over the border. :D

Veteran of the big day in Florida! Would be great to meet you.

Count me in :)

Providing you bring me a bottle of Talisker I will welcome you to the mother country.

Count me in :)

Great to hear buddy - cant have a meet without the current champion being there :)

Have you had a chance to get that cup engraved yet?

So in terms of competitions for the trip, I was thinking about doing the following;

Sunday

1. Yellow ball competition (either pairs, three ball or 4 ball depending on numbers)
2. Longest Drive competition
3. Nearest the Pin competition
4. Sunday winner
5. Sunday runner up

Monday

1. Monday winner
2. Monday runner up
3. Summer Cup Champion (must have played both days to be eligible for this)

The above is based on some additional folk turning up on the Sunday only. If we got some day trippers on the Monday as well - it may just be easier to replicate Sundays trophys/prizes on the Monday?

If everyone is happy with the above and is willing to make it a £10 contribution for prizes, then I can make the above happen :thumb:

Last edited:
So in terms of competitions for the trip, I was thinking about doing the following;

Sunday

1. Yellow ball competition (either pairs, three ball or 4 ball depending on numbers)
2. Longest Drive competition
3. Nearest the Pin competition
4. Sunday winner
5. Sunday runner up

Monday

1. Monday winner
2. Monday runner up
3. Summer Cup Champion (must have played both days to be eligible for this)

The above is based on some additional folk turning up on the Sunday only. If we got some day trippers on the Monday as well - it may just be easier to replicate Sundays trophys/prizes on the Monday?

If everyone is happy with the above and is willing to make it a £10 contribution for prizes, then I can make the above happen :thumb:

4. Summer Cup Foundation. The lowest score over 2 days upon which all others built.:clown:

i need a chance for something!

should we add nearest the pin and longest drive for day 2 too?

Guys count me in for both days and the overnight even being a tight Yorkshireman it's great value and it means I can put something aside for the replacement windows

Guys count me in for both days and the overnight even being a tight Yorkshireman it's great value and it means I can put something aside for the replacement windows
Post 2 updated. David l booked into Presidential suite at £2,000 :act-up:

Post 2 updated. David l booked into Presidential suite at £2,000 :act-up:

Plus £1000 deposit for glass window and door insurance ;)

Count me in too!

Great to hear Crag - decent size group of us confirmed already :)

Let me know bud.
In a nutshell, the Gainsborough is ticking me off. With a limit of 8 on site, we need to find accom externally for some or all. The way that they are working pricing, this would result in doubling, or more, the price for those off site, or more likely adding 50% to everyone's bill.

I am pointing out that this is significant, and that we might be prepared to commit everyone to dinner (and therefore bar takings) if they can help us secure some decent value. They are being less than helpful!

I'm not writing them off just yet, but there are a bucket load of golf courses / resorts in the general area, and I have a few irons in the fire:act-up:. As our numbers grow, we are a significant revenue event at the end of September, I am therefore determined that we get a cracking time and cracking value...

will keep everyone posted!

go for it El B - we're not tied to any one course - let me know if you want any help re Forest Pines - I know the Manager and might be able to get us a decent deal?

go for it El B - we're not tied to any one course - let me know if you want any help re Forest Pines - I know the Manager and might be able to get us a decent deal?

Ask the Question Crag! On the phone they would not move from 130, which clearly is a long way from 60.

Tapping away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back