USGA opens slow play initiative - "While we're young"

wadesworld

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA opens a new slow play initiative:

http://www.usga.org/news/2013/June/USGA-Launches-Pace-of-Play-Initiative/

e91f78b8-15c0-41ac-bfd7-b977d4d1ef00.jpg

Using the line from Caddyshack is brilliant. I can't believe the USGA had enough of a sense of humor to do it.

Let's hope it brings positive results.

Lets hope it sticks, I like the sense of humor too.

Nice! I like it.

This is a fantastic idea I think, and I really hope that it helps the issue. That being said, I hope this doesn't lead to an abundance of players rushing to finish - as much as I hate slow play, I also hate being rushed and hit into, and everyone's idea of "fast" or "slow" play is a little different (although I think we can all agree that 4.5 hours or more is definitely slow!). So hopefully people see it as the balance that it should be.

With that caveat though, I think this is exactly what has needed to happen for a long time - I hope people take it to heart!

I'm excited to see the USGA push this hard for a few years then start openly discussing making a rules change that would do just the opposite.

Those are actually pretty funny... glad to see the USGA has a sense of humor and is taking on this problem

Awesome videos:

Behind the scenes:

Annika:
[video=youtube_share;8w4-OJ6ZkBE]http://youtu.be/8w4-OJ6ZkBE[/video]

Dirty Harry(Clint Eastwood)

In my daughter's tournament this past Friday, all of the dad's were caddying. One dad in the group, whose daughter was 7, would remark her ball after every putt. If she 4 putted, he remarked the ball 4 times, I assume to line something on the ball with the hole. After 2 holes, I was about to lose my mind.

I lover Rymer's line, "It's called a tapin for a reason! TAP IT IN!"

Arnold Palmer:

Paula and Butch:

Tiger:
[video=youtube_share;xTn-eoXDCkw]http://youtu.be/xTn-eoXDCkw[/video]

ICEY,
Can you find the ads that The Golf Channel is also doing? I did a quick search w/o any luck.

ICEY,
Can you find the ads that The Golf Channel is also doing? I did a quick search w/o any luck.

YouTube. Search "while young usga". They should be on USGA's website as well.

Haha those were awesome. I really liked the Clint Eastwood with Arnie one. The other one that cracked me up was the little kid saying "he thinks it's a major" in the Tiger Woods one.

That's funny. Their national championship will likely play slower by an hour or more than any round I'll play this year.

I was thinking the same thing. If they are serious they will start penalizing the worst offenders this week.

I was thinking the same thing. If they are serious they will start penalizing the worst offenders this week.

Do as we say :D

Seriously though. Bad timing on their part.

Great ads, hope they help. However, I'm not sure "while we're young" will inspire many people in my 55+ league. "While we're breathing," might be more appropriate!

Glad to see this push by the USGA!

Back