Google Play Music - All Access

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
I signed up for Google Play Music - All Access yesterday. Got the 30 day free trial, wanted to compare it head to head with Spotify Premium which I have been using for about a year.

So far, I am liking it a ton. With the $7.99 monthly subscription, I was able to load all of my downloaded music to the Cloud (Up to 20,000 songs). So now, I can access my music that I own/have from the cloud and not worry about it being on an SD Card or my phones memory. On top of that, the playslists, the ability to save a queue, search music, etc has been impressive.

On top of that, the "Explore" option is really cool. The "Featured" radio stations, playlists, and "whats hot" section is awesome. Add in to it that it is fully accessible via the web or a downloadable program on a PC and it has me liking it a lot.

Anyone else using it?

https://play.google.com/about/music/

i almost used it, back when it first came out. the idea of it is amazing.

but the majority of my music wasn't, let's say..."legally obtained", so i just didn't do it.

i almost used it, back when it first came out. the idea of it is amazing.

but the majority of my music wasn't, let's say..."legally obtained", so i just didn't do it.
None of mine was legally obtained... but I own the CD's (yeah, right).

Going to check it out. I just use free Pandora at the moment.

I use Play Music, but not the premium version. I really dig it, the only downside is of course if you want to listen to your music in a remote area with limited network availability and no wifi.

I'll be interested to see if you like it better than spotify. I've been using spotify for a while, and love it.

I'll be interested to see if you like it better than spotify. I've been using spotify for a while, and love it.
So far, I am. I didnt expect to be, but the ability to have it on the web rather than a downloadable app on my work PC is making it a winner.

None of mine was legally obtained... but I own the CD's (yeah, right).

yeah i know. i think i read too far into it at first.
i'm rethinking and may join up, especially now that i have android phone and tablet, etc...
get everything in one place

I can't stand Spotify. If I want to listen to "Nothing Else Matters", I want the Metallica version, not an unknown cover band.

I have never tried this or any other cloud music apps, but I did experiment with setting up my PC as a music server and tried streaming my music to my phone that way, which again only works well when you have a good connection wherever you happen to be

I am planning on having a network server at home so will have all of my music and films on there which can then be streamed to any devices around the house (PS3, tablet, etc) but also accessed while I am away as well whether that be at work or on holiday

Would be interested to see how you fare with the app, but with the amount of music we have got I suspect it could take a while to upload to the Cloud initially and if there is a limit of 20,000 songs then I am not sure how feasible it would be as collections grow over time?

i problem that i have sometimes with Spotify or Pandora or whatever you use, is that sometimes i just want to listen to what i have in my collection.
so i can browse thru it and pick...
sometimes i draw a blank, and can't think of what i want to listen to or search for on Spotify.

and Pandora...sheez, it plays about 5 good songs and then acid trips into another dimension that is nowhere near what you originally stationed.

I can't stand Spotify. If I want to listen to "Nothing Else Matters", I want the Metallica version, not an unknown cover band.
Exactly.

I also hate that Spotify is all tied into to Facebook and social media. Just let me listen to music and I'll pass on the emails about what War Eagle is listening to right now.

I also hate that Spotify is all tied into to Facebook and social media. Just let me listen to music and I'll pass on the emails about what War Eagle is listening to right now.

Not having used Spotify, I can't say for certain, but surely there is a way to turn off all those kinds of notifications?

Not having used Spotify, I can't say for certain, but surely there is a way to turn off all those kinds of notifications?

There is and I did, but for some reason it still bothers me. I'm sort of anti-social media outside a business environment.

There is and I did, but for some reason it still bothers me. I'm sort of anti-social media outside a business environment.

Nothing worse than getting the facebook notifications for helping friends out with whatever the latest crazy game happens to be...... :banghead:

Most bands are on there. Classic rock is the worst genre, it can be hard to find who you like. Metallica really isn't on any legal music service, it sucks.

Most bands are on there. Classic rock is the worst genre, it can be hard to find who you like. Metallica really isn't on any legal music service, it sucks.

Classic rock and Prog Rock make up the vast majority of my music.

(Unless I'm driving to Texas)

They are on Google Play, All Access... :alien:

Nice just saw this thread. I signed up for the free trial the day after Google I/O

Back