Rain and More Rain

Diane

Reaction score
I definitely played less this year because of the rain. I finally bought rain gear, but still hate getting wet. Did this year's weather affect the number of times you were able to play or did you just grin and bear it?

I didn't play as much as expected this year. I am already planning to be equipped for the rain next year. Not having to buy clubs, bag or cart next year should leave a bit of $$$ for rain gear. If I could just stop looking at clubs, bags and carts... it's a sickness isn't it! :banghead:

If i didnt play when it was raining i would hardly play at all.

In the past if I had a tee time nothing stopped me but lately if the weather is bad I just don't play. My golf passion has not been there this year.

I will play in the rain and weather as long as there is no lightning. There is nothing like having the course to yourself and getting to see it shine and sparkle after the rain stops.

I didn't have a choice--courses kept closing because of the rain. The season practically didn't start until mid-July. I feel terribly cheated.

The weather in August and early September prevented me from playing a couple more times before my RC surgery. I only play on the weekends, and the last three weekends I could have played were rained out. :angry:

I definitely played less this year because of the rain. I finally bought rain gear, but still hate getting wet. Did this year's weather affect the number of times you were able to play or did you just grin and bear it?

No affect whatsoever! :banana:

I don't mind the rain as long as there's no lightning, but I'm used to fishing in it all day and have all the warm and cool weather rain gear. The wind buggs me more I think.

I don't mind a little rain, but we've had a ton this year.

I didn't play for all of September and October until this past weekend due to being rained out. The ground in many areas is so saturated, that you squish as you plod along.

I don't mind the rain as long as there's no lightning, but I'm used to fishing in it all day and have all the warm and cool weather rain gear. The wind buggs me more I think.

Definitely. Wind is harder to play good golf in. As long as you have good waterproofs and dry hands you can still play good golf in the rain.

It rained a lot in Kansas City this year too. Rain won't generally make me get off the course, but I don't head to the course when it's raining and the rain isn't going anywhere for a while.

I'm ready to build an Ark.

I thought you had already started one Claire!

I thought you had already started one Claire!

She's completed it. She named it after herself.

Suite Claire?

The weather in Cheeseland this year from May to September was the best I remember for golf. Cool and dry for months. Unlike 2008 where the courses were flooded until the end of June, then the heat and humidity took over.

October, however, has been very cold, and very wet. It blows I tell you.

Kevin

Claire is actually a French name, and Bonknhead is acknowledging that.

Spoiler
You know I'm a saint!

I didn't know there was a patron saint of bull****.

Then you are certainly no saint. Among other reasons, you can't even work a DVR.

The Vatican declared her the patron saint of television in the 1950s, long before that was relevant.

And I can mostly work a DVR these days. I just can't figure out how to skip over commercials entirely. (hint, hint :lashes:)

The Vatican declared her the patron saint of television in the 1950s, long before that was relevant.

And I can mostly work a DVR these days. I just can't figure out how to skip over commercials entirely. (hint, hint :lashes:)

Did you ever get the correct remote?

Back