Cleaning Black Golf Shoes

Diane

Reaction score
I know there is another thread some place, but I'm specifically asking about black shoes. Ever since I sank in the mud two weeks ago - I can't get my black shoes really clean. I mean, I washed the mud off, but they still look dingy. Should I use leather cleaner? Or does anyone have any other suggestions? They're Ecco and have a little white on them too.

I thought a lot of you guys wore black shoes. I only wear them in the Fall/Winter and I've never gotten them this dirty before. I'm not happy about this.

Thanks - I think I'll drop them at the shoe repair and have the guy polish them. I never considered that.

I have never owned black golf shoes.

I need some black golf shoes.

I have two pairs - the Eccos and a great pair that JB and GG gave me for my birthday. The ones they gave me are mostly patent leather and are much easier to clean. Also, I haven't sank in the mud in them.

I wipe mine clean with a damp rag, dry them off and them put on some polish. Not a lot but just a bit and then buff them. I don't make them shine but just give them a new look.

Black shoes will never find a place in my closet.Black never seems to fit correctly.Always seem to fit tighter then my whites.Also size 14 in black always looks bigger then white does on me.I don't wan't ski's on my feet,LOL

Also size 14 in black always looks bigger then white does on me.I don't wan't ski's on my feet,LOL

That's odd because black is more slimming than white.

I wait until they dry, clean them with a damp cloth and a specialized shoe brush, wait until the dry again, put shoe polish on them and buff them to a high gloss.

By the way, Ecco makes excellent shoes. Size 45 please. :)

That's odd because black is more slimming than white.

I've always heard that,but for some reason my feet look larger then normal with black on.

I've always heard that,but for some reason my feet look larger then normal with black on.

I understand - I have a pair of Merrill's that are light brown and I think they make me look like I have giant clown feet when I wear them.

I understand - I have a pair of Merrill's that are light brown and I think they make me look like I have giant clown feet when I wear them.

They do that to everyone.

I wear black shoes all winter and keep my white and pastel coloured ones for summer.

Some regular black shoe polish will have your black ones gleaming like new. I am a fanatic about clean shoes and polish mine after every game.:angel:

Long time no see! Good to have you back.

I keep tan, brown and black polish and all the equipment so that I can polish my shoes at least every other round. I have trouble keeping white shoes clean, not the other colors.

I just bought a pair of the Nike Zoom Air that are white microfiber uppers. So far, a damp cloth has been all I needed to clean them, but I am afraid they will get soiled beyond the damp cloth and don't have a clue what to do then.

I keep tan, brown and black polish and all the equipment so that I can polish my shoes at least every other round. I have trouble keeping white shoes clean, not the other colors.

I just bought a pair of the Nike Zoom Air that are white microfiber uppers. So far, a damp cloth has been all I needed to clean them, but I am afraid they will get soiled beyond the damp cloth and don't have a clue what to do then.

Those are great shoes. If a damp cloth does not work (it usually does) use a magic eraser followed by an auto quick detailing wipe. It sounds odd, but works great on ours.

Those are great shoes. If a damp cloth does not work (it usually does) use a magic eraser followed by an auto quick detailing wipe. It sounds odd, but works great on ours.

Mine are ultra comfortable. Thanks for the tip. I will try it.

I know there is another thread some place, but I'm specifically asking about black shoes. Ever since I sank in the mud two weeks ago - I can't get my black shoes really clean. I mean, I washed the mud off, but they still look dingy. Should I use leather cleaner? Or does anyone have any other suggestions? They're Ecco and have a little white on them too.
That's a shame, because they were great-looking shoes. I clean my black pair, which is on its last legs, with a wet rag, and once in a while I polish the toe-ends, which tend to get bare... I probably don't have the same high standards for shoe-care as you though!

Anyways, I remember the white detail: Was that stitching, or something else? In any case, I would be worried about messing that up with black polish.

Good luck!

I'm really at a loss as to how to get these shoes clean. I've tried everything, but they look dull. The shoe repair guy won't touch them because he said he couldn't keep the white trim white while polishing the black. I emailed Ecco to see what they suggest, but haven't heard back.

I know I'm not known for having any patience, but I still haven't heard back from Ecco. This will teach me to buy shoes that aren't one solid color. I'm not happy about this. I think I should blame Ty and v3.0. Ok - I will.

I think I would take masking tape and carefully tape off the white parts. Then apply polish and use the brush to buff them taking special care not to knock the tape off the white parts. Once done with that, I might use liquid white polish on the white parts. At this point, what could it hurt? The shoes are already dingy and probably destined for the trash heap if they cannot be brought back to your satisfaction. If that didn't work, I might consider dying the white parts black and polishing the whole thing.

I know I'm not known for having any patience, but I still haven't heard back from Ecco. This will teach me to buy shoes that aren't one solid color. I'm not happy about this. I think I should blame Ty and v3.0. Ok - I will.
I have a rock-solid alibi: I was in the right rough ALL day! :banghead:

Not so sure about Ty though! :D

Back