Ellie needs a doggie bed

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Ever since we moved our dog Ellie has decided to sleep at the foot of the bed instead of in bed with us. While that is great for us so we can finally stretch out, I feel bad that she is on the hard floor. We want to get her a doggie bed but there are so many to chose from we just can't decide. Does your dog sleep in a dog bed and if so what kind? We are open to any and all suggestions. Thanks!!

Here is our baby sleeping on the couch....
696937928_jmNAD-M.jpg

We buy our doggie beds at Costco. Tara has this strange fascination with ripping the stuffing out of her beds. At Costco they are only like 15 dollars and are VERY nice for the price. Big enough for her and pretty comfortable. And I don't get that upset when she tears them apart.

I shelled out stupid money for an Orvis ToughChew bed. It was about $100, but it's got a lifetime warranty (actually returned one to a different Orvis store - no hassle replacement) and the second has held up for 2 years. We'd been through about 5 $20 beds before this one in under a year.

• Admin
Ellie does that with her toys. She destroyed one today and I had to throw it away and she cried at the garbage can begging for it back. We have a huge bone we got her for christmas last year and she hasn't destroyed that so I am crossing my fingers she will be good with the larger items. Costco is great idea, we have a Sams and a BJ's by us we may have to check those out this weekend, thanks!

I want something that looks like a sofa or a bed. GG is the responsible one that will say cheap only. But Ellie is a princess and deserves something special.

I would recommend either LL Bean or Orvis beds. There are good points to both.

• Admin
I want something that looks like a sofa or a bed. GG is the responsible one that will say cheap only. But Ellie is a princess and deserves something special.

When it comes to that little girl, in my mind, nothing is too good for her. I may be cheap, but not when it comes to Ellie.

I like this one.

113160_trixie_paris_1.jpg

Man she sure looks peaceful. Wish I could sleep like that...

The only kind my dog would ever sleep on was like this:

pPETS-3763883t400.jpg

It had the egg-crate foam inside.

eggtopper.JPG

EDIT: I miss my doggy. :(

I like this one.

113160_trixie_paris_1.jpg

Now that's one nice dog bed - I've seen armchairs that it puts to shame in showrooms lol!

Did some quick looking and found these two if she gets a "wild" side to her:

878032000004C.jpg

878032000028C.jpg

I always like the one with cedar chips inside. It smelled good and kept away the fleas.

Costco has really good ones right now. I saw a pretty cool looking one in the sky mall catalog last week too. They say dogs like beds that are off the ground the best, it makes them feel equal. I would go with the one you picked out JB.

This one is cool for the Croc lovers.
Spoiler
Giant-Croc-Dog-Bed.jpg

dogbed21.jpg

568574_f260.jpg

DogBed_DLM737GLD_b.jpg

3402670280_5e8be9f09c.jpg

castle%20bed.jpg

We bought Grace an oversized pillow that was a dog bed. She liked it until my sisters dog came over and peed on it. :angry: We also gave her a regular pillow before too and she liked it also. Right now she has a mat that we have in her crate that she loves to lay on. We had a much smaller one that we bought when she was a puppy that she always tried to squeeze on. Heck we just throw an old blanket down and she sleeps on it. My dog's not to picky about what she sleeps on.

How about a papasan chair mattress? We bought a chair off Craigslist for 20 bucks, kept the mattress and threw away the chair. You can find the mattresses, which are very "cushiony" for about 30 bucks on sale in stores.

zekePapasan.jpg

Madi (our min pin) has a bed from Eddie Bauer (Mrs Gummi is their biggest cheerleader) and a blanket that she roots herself under.

Kitsune (our shiba inu) sleeps at my feet on the bed, else he wanders around the house. Some nights though he elects to sleep in his crate.

How about a papasan chair mattress? We bought a chair off Craigslist for 20 bucks, kept the mattress and threw away the chair. You can find the mattresses, which are very "cushiony" for about 30 bucks on sale in stores.

zekePapasan.jpg

This is a good idea. It might solve 2 problems. The chewing problem because it is not on the ground where she can drag it around and chew on it, and she has just started to try and sleep on the couch. This may be a good alternative.

This is a good idea. It might solve 2 problems. The chewing problem because it is not on the ground where she can drag it around and chew on it, and she has just started to try and sleep on the couch. This may be a good alternative.

That was just a picture I found on the web. We ditched the chair, although it would work with it as well. Luckily our dogs are out of the drag things around and chew them up stage. (Three couches and a love seat later! Good thing we got all of them after the original on Craigslist!))

Sure, we'll just go with that Diane! hehe

Back