The Bubba Watson Thread

I still wouldn't think it's a big deal. I don't really feel the need to berate guys for relatively small incidents. Also, I think the irony of Tiger fans saying they aren't fans of Bubba because of the type of person he is is just fantastic.

QOTD...

I still wouldn't think it's a big deal. I don't really feel the need to berate guys for relatively small incidents. Also, I think the irony of Tiger fans saying they aren't fans of Bubba because of the type of person he is is just fantastic.

If it was an isolated incident, I'd agree with you. It's not.

Does anybody remember Bubba's tirade at the Tavistock this year?

It just makes me think of Shooter McGavin. "Five iron eh? Well your fired. Bye bye".

This was awesome because he was chipping around the greens hahaha

If it was an isolated incident, I'd agree with you. It's not.

Does anybody remember Bubba's tirade at the Tavistock this year?

Or his tirade at the Olympic Club? Or his whine about the European Tour?

Seems like Bubba Watson is just like Tebow in that they're both very polarizing people. Either loved or hated, nowhere in between.

Folks need to understand that part of the deal about getting several hundred thousand dollars to carry a bag of clubs around a course is that a caddy has multiple roles. One of those roles is to take the heat when things go wrong. A good caddy will say "Yep, you're right, my fault. Bad club" - whether it was or not. He knows how important the psyche of his player is. The last thing he needs is his player thinking he made a bad swing.

I'm sure by now Bubba has made up with him. They've been together a long time and their families are close friends.

Well said wadesworld. Nothing in the video to sway me either way and I can't wait to see the reaction when Phil behaves the same way - it's coming...

Seems like Bubba Watson is just like Tebow in that they're both very polarizing people. Either loved or hated, nowhere in between.

Well not just like. Both are polarizing. But one has done something on the professional level of note.

Being a lefty myself I am all about supporting the lefties on the tour, but yesterday may have been it for me with Bubba. Having a disagreement with your caddy is one thing, but keep it behind doors. His tirade was ridiculous. His tweet from last night regarding the 16th hole was ambigous at best.

Well not just like. Both are polarizing. But one has done something on the professional level of note.

Well said, blugold. As a lifetime resident of Jacksonville I've found myself entrenched in Tebowmania since his high school days. Not a fan, but you either feel strongly one way or the other......

Luckily for me I don't like either one of them.

Weren't you posting about Tiger and his left arm hurting during the US Open?

Weren't you posting about Tiger and his left arm hurting during the US Open?

What does a hurt arm have to do with what type of person he is? I'm a Tiger fan anyways, kind of.

What does a hurt arm have to do with what type of person he is? I'm a Tiger fan anyways, kind of.

I just think it's interesting you don't see what Bubba did as a problem, but apparently having a hurt arm is a problem.

I just think it's interesting you don't see what Bubba did as a problem, but apparently having a hurt arm is a problem.

I was talking about Tiger because I thought he was faking the injury. Do you really not see the irony in the fact that some people hate Bubba because he's a doucher but love Tiger even though he's just as much of an ass? I like both of them because they are both fun to watch play golf. I would be a hypocrite if I was defending Bubba's personal flaws but crapped on Tiger and hated him for being a bad person. But I'm not because I don't.

I was talking about Tiger because I thought he was faking the injury. Do you really not see the irony in the fact that some people hate Bubba because he's a doucher but love Tiger even though he's just as much of an ass? I like both of them because they are both fun to watch play golf. I would be a hypocrite if I was defending Bubba's personal flaws but crapped on Tiger and hated him for being a bad person. But I'm not because I don't.

That's just the way life is man. People like and dislike certain things, people, activities, etc. for varying reasons.

I think to truly know whether someone is an ass or jerk, you'd have to be around them and not just watch them on television. What you see on television and what someone is like in person can be two completely different people.

Do I think Bubba is a jerk? No, but what he did was uncalled for even if the caddy did make a mistake.

Just my two cents.

That's just the way life is man. People like and dislike certain things, people, activities, etc. for varying reasons.

I think to truly know whether someone is an ass or jerk, you'd have to be around them and not just watch them on television. What you see on television and what someone is like in person can be two completely different people.

Do I think Bubba is a jerk? No, but what he did was uncalled for even if the caddy did make a mistake.

Just my two cents.

I agree man. I don't think Bubba is a jerk, but he can act like a real ass sometimes. So can everyone. What he did was definitely uncalled for, but everyone makes mistakes and he appears to have made amends for his mistake yesterday. I just think people are blowing it too far out of proportion for such a minor (relative) mistake. I'm not trying to justify what he did though, because that was awful.

I agree man. I don't think Bubba is a jerk, but he can act like a real ass sometimes. So can everyone. What he did was definitely uncalled for, but everyone makes mistakes and he appears to have made amends for his mistake yesterday. I just think people are blowing it too far out of proportion for such a minor (relative) mistake. I'm not trying to justify what he did though, because that was awful.

So was it a minor mistake or was it awful?

So was it a minor mistake or was it awful?

An awful, minor mistake. Lol. In the grand scheme of things it isn't a big deal at all IMO, but at the time it wasn't very nice at all. But they appear to have gotten past it very quickly, so it is just a small blip on the radar.

People's reactions to Bubba's behavior would likely be different if it were an isolated incident. As part of the bigger pattern of his behavior both on and off the course, it's one more straw on the camel's back so to speak.

Charlie people hate bubba because he vasilates between this image of good Christian and then asses out on the one man that stood by him through this exact behavior early in his career before he discovered twitter.
And I agree that it's ironic that TW fans condemn bubba for mirrored behavior by his buddy. But that is a personal choice that does not make logical sense. Maybe it's because I'm witnessing history every time he tees it up. And with Bubba in watching a self built golfer with 1million twitter followers.

My favorite part of it all was the announcers calling him out on it. After the teeshot and the drop shot, when he hits his greenside chip well by, one of the announcers in a hushed tone says something like it must have been the wrong club

Just watched Bubba's post round interview after he was asked why he didn't try to play it out of the water, he mentions asking the camera man where his ball ended up & saying he was more interested in filming him, than telling him where the ball went? Really? His job is to film him, he is the camera man

Just watched Bubba's post round interview after he was asked why he didn't try to play it out of the water, he mentions asking the camera man where his ball ended up & saying he was more interested in filming him, than telling him where the ball went? Really? His job is to film him, he is the camera man

Saw that too. Once again seemed like an easy opportunity for him to blame someone

Saw that too. Once again seemed like an easy opportunity for him to blame someone

Exactly....I like Bubba, but come on

Back