The Bubba Watson Thread

Playdough

Hi.
Reaction score
Handicap
By popular demand...the Bubba thread.

I personaly and this was stated to friends before The Players after Bubba withdrew, think he will never win another tournament again, EVER. Hes head isn't in it anymore. Hes an emotional basketcase if the course doesn't set up perfect for him and his "eye". If he can spray the ball all over the place, like Agusta, then he might be fine but anywhere else especially majors he doesn't stand a chance. While Bubba golf is great and fun for tee-shirts and media when it comes to actually golf, its not that great.

I think saying he wont win another tournament, EVER, is a bold statement. Im not the biggest Bubba fan in the world, but watching him play the game can be fun. This thread should be fun.

I approve of this thread. I dislike Bubba so much I wish he was a righty.

Bold too bold!

I think a few of the shots I saw bubba play today were pretty bad but he's still talented. I think we all love to see him hit his driver but if he played a little more conservative he'd make more fairways haha. ?he is such a different golfer in my own opinion but he is really great!

I think he is just stuck in that "I had the greatest accomplishment of my life I am content" rut. I don't like the way he handled this tournament and basically considered him cut before he even played, but I do think he will compete again. He just has to move on and get back to trying and wanting to compete.

I approve of this thread. I dislike Bubba so much I wish he was a righty.
More than Dufner? Tiger?

I'm not taking away the vast amount of natural talent he has, but I think the mental grind of the PGA Tour, playing at the highest level, being a Top 20 in the world weighs on him. It weighs on all of them, but I think he looks at it as maybe an excuse to get away when his ego lets him. I think hes more interested in General Lees, throwing charity bashes and half a million dollar watches. While I think its fun to watch him, i want to watch someone who wants to be there and is interested in playing great golf for all four rounds...

I haven't had much respect for the guy for a long time due to my interactions with him. To "check out" today was really immature but I guess now he might start taking things seriously again on the last few holes.

More than Dufner? Tiger?

Yes. Bubba could be my least favorite golfer. I used to make fun of his visor all the time, lol

Big.dumb.visor

Either way.. Who else can hit the driver that far off the deck?

Either way.. Who else can hit the driver that far off the deck?

While I am not stating an opinion on Bubba Watson here.

Lots of bad people or jerks are capable of doing lots of extraordinary things.

I predict he's the next John Daly and throws his putter in a lake, I also predict he cries again! Pffft!

I hope he cries again he's a terrible cryer!

Thank You for someone posting this thread.
I just have such a dislike for bubba and bubba golf I think you might be right he may never win again and he doesn't look good in green. Golf boys that stuff flies when your 23 not 33 hurry up and miss the cut already you don't like the course you can't play the course just get off the course already. .02 from me

Bubba is an emotional basketcase. I think its crazy to say he wont win again. He has had a lot of change recently and everything I have read about him tells me he does not handle that well. My bet is once he settles in with the new family unit, he gets back to some good play

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

+1 to chunky

Bubba is an emotional basketcase. I think its crazy to say he wont win again. He has had a lot of change recently and everything I have read about him tells me he does not handle that well. My bet is once he settles in with the new family unit, he gets back to some good play

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

While I can understand that and have read that change does effect him in a negitive way, didn't he take the change of an adoption pretty good, I mean he won the Master right after that. I'm just not sure how focused he is, I'm not really sure how focused he ever has been. Maybe the day in day out of having a child around is effecting more now than it did before, but I still stand on my words and if I'm wrong, which most of the time I am about bold statements I'll be the first one here to say i was wrong.

I said it after Tavistock, he is a surly grumpy guy. He won the masters and a lot soften there stance. Heck we were all razzing him after his outburst on #1 Sunday of the masters.
He has tons of talent and will win multiple times after the masters hangover wears off but that attitude will
Never change

I said it after Tavistock, he is a surly grumpy guy. He won the masters and a lot soften there stance. Heck we were all razzing him after his outburst on #1 Sunday of the masters.
He has tons of talent and will win multiple times after the masters hangover wears off but that attitude will
Never change

The crazy part is, if he became a truly dominant player, that attitude would be called "discipline" "focus" and "intensity".

The crazy part is, if he became a truly dominant player, that attitude would be called "discipline" "focus" and "intensity".

I would still call it douchebaggery.

Yes it will, by the mass media and people mesmerized by the idea of Bubba Golf. But people who can see through that silliness will know better..

I think he is just stuck in that "I had the greatest accomplishment of my life I am content" rut. I don't like the way he handled this tournament and basically considered him cut before he even played, but I do think he will compete again. He just has to move on and get back to trying and wanting to compete.

That and he's a new Dad.

It's a fickled line, that is for sure

They lost me with all the boohoo Kaleb Kaleb boohoo boohoo crap.. Enough already.. People have been bearing and adopting kids for a looooooong time... Without the gratuitous water works.

You get ONE good cry for your first tournament win and and an additional one for the masters.. Beyond that...suck it up.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 2

I would still call it douchebaggery.

That's funny, "douchebaggery" ... I need to find a reason to use that.

Back