Usernames, Signature Pics and Avatars

My new avatar is a representation of one of the voices I hear in my head.

Did Smallie use the Kool Aid man?

I have that one to use one of these day's. We live in the home town of Kool-Aid. We even have a Kool-Aid Days festival.

Do people actually drink Kool-Aid? To me, it is tasteless. That is, if "bad" can be a form of tasteless.

I don't get it either, anymore. As a kid I loved it. They claim to still sell ton's each year still. Hastings has a hugh museum with a IMax theather and planetarium that I think has something to do with Kool-Aid.

Of course - where do you think the saying came from?

From the Jonestown Massacre. Not from the popularity of Kool-Aid.

(Ironically, it wasn't Kool-Aid at Jonestown. It was some other brand.)

The ever popular Cyanide-Aid perhaps?

I didn't know that - I'm surprised Kool-Aid didn't do damage control.

I think Kool-Aid is very popular especially in lower income households.

The ever popular Cyanide-Aid perhaps?

Just Googled it b/c I couldn't remember the name. "Flavor-Aid" according to Wikipedia. I think Cyanide-Aid was too pricey for them.

I didn't know that - I'm surprised Kool-Aid didn't do damage control.

Yeah. That's why "drink the Kool-Aid" came to mean "get indoctrinated" or "to do something mindlessly just because someone tells you to."

EDIT: And it turns out there's even a Wikipedia entry on "Drinking the Kool-Aid":
Drinking the Kool-Aid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah. That's why "drink the Kool-Aid" came to mean "get indoctrinated" or "to do something mindlessly just because someone tells you to."

I don't think it hurt sales. If it happened today, it might, but it was a different time.

Do people actually drink Kool-Aid? To me, it is tasteless. That is, if "bad" can be a form of tasteless.

We sometimes drank Kool-Aid growing up. But the best use for Kool-Aid for us, was as 16-year-olds, using it as a chaser for Southern Comfort.

We sometimes drank Kool-Aid growing up. But the best use for Kool-Aid for us, was as 16-year-olds, using it as a chaser for Southern Comfort.

I'm trying to not think about what color the vomit was after that.

Oddly enough, none of us ever got sick off the stuff.

Happened too often for it to be luck. I don't remember getting sick off alcohol until I started going to bars.

New avatar for me. I took a picture of me smoking a cigar, did a little editing and put a picture of the Atlanta skyline behind me.

New avatar for me. I took a picture of me smoking a cigar, did a little editing and put a picture of the Atlanta skyline behind me.

play on, playa! :clapp:

We always have a pitcher of Kool-Aid in the fridge, orange right now. Tasteless...I think not and I wouldn't consider us a low income household either. I think it just depends on how you was raised. Some, like us, it was Kool-Aid and some it was Desante.

We always have a pitcher of Kool-Aid in the fridge, orange right now. Tasteless...I think not and I wouldn't consider us a low income household either. I think it just depends on how you was raised. Some, like us, it was Kool-Aid and some it was Desante.

I didn't mean to imply that everyone who drank it has a low income - sorry it was late last night. I do think some companies target lower income households in their advertising though and I think Kool-Aid is one of them. It's inexpensive and has no nutritional value.

I didn't mean to imply that everyone who drank it has a low income - sorry it was late last night. I do think some companies target lower income households in their advertising though and I think Kool-Aid is one of them. It's inexpensive and has no nutritional value.

Diane, I wasn't offended in the least.

I'm using my Rip Squeak avatar again (the one Claire's daughter said I could never switch from, but I did anyway!). But on a search for something new.

I like me some of the Electric Blue Kool Aid. Like you said, its far from being tasteless, it tastes like sugar, which is good for you, I think.

After further review Im going to have to agree that my picture is a dog, I really wish it was a cat though.

I like me some of the Electric Blue Kool Aid. Like you said, its far from being tasteless, it tastes like sugar, which is good for you, I think.

After further review Im going to have to agree that my picture is a dog, I really wish it was a cat though.

Growing up, my Mom wouldn't get us Kool Aid because it had no nutritional value. So she bought Hi C instead. Uh, Mom??

That's okay, G-man. Before you blew it up, I thought the little critter had a halo, not a hat.

Back