REAL Bread Baking

Wingnut

Reaction score
Handicap
10 ish
I have been on a kick lately baking a bunch of different Sourdough Breads. Here are some pics…….

anyone else into bread baking?

GG bakes and enjoys making breads.

Dude. That sourdough....oh my. Crusty deliciousness. Oh my.

I bake my bread in the toaster before I put jam on... does that count?

This is what real bread sounds like right out of the oven……..

My wife has a bread machine and whips up some crazy good stuff.....looks like you do as well.

Nothing like a warm slice right out of the bread machine....the smell when being made just gets you salivating.

My wife is a great bread maker. We haven't bought bread in years.

I bake my bread in the toaster before I put jam on... does that count?

to each their own bro, to each their own, for me no, but I am a idiot most of the time (at least that is what my wife tells me)

My wife has a bread machine and whips up some crazy good stuff.....looks like you do as well.

Nothing like a warm slice right out of the bread machine....the smell when being made just gets you salivating.

if she is ever tempted to make real bread let me know I might share a formula or two with ya

Im would love to know how to make a good Tuscan bread with a firm crust crunchy crust

with a little time and patients you can!

My wife is a baker, too, although she hasn't baked a loaf in a few months. She's due, and looking at these loaves, I'm going to pester her a bit.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence

nice Temple of the Dog Reference

To paraphrase Tin Cup, paraphernalia for the lost and tortured souls

That bread looks great. The only bread I have made from scratch is a beautiful coconut bread.

This morning I am baking two loaves of 20% Spelt Flour Roasted Garlic Sourdough Bread, and a 20% Spelt Flour Sourdough Loaf.

I'll post pics later

Im would love to know how to make a good Tuscan bread with a firm crust crunchy crust

Two methods for a crunchy crust.

1) for the first 20min of baking, spray the bread with water once every five minutes.

Or

2) when you put the bread in the oven, first pour about 1/2 cup of water onto the oven floor. (Do not pour it on the heating element.)

I usually use method 2. Bread is incredibly easy to make, and it beats anything from the supermarket any day of the week.

The first two are Roasted Garlic Sourdough

And one loaf of Plain Sourdough

Last edited:
Should bread have burnt spots? We cook ours on the lightest setting possible.

I bake bold, no whimpy crusts. More like real hearth baked bread not wonder bread soft and fluffy. To each their own.

Used to do it for a living in a way. Still have all my recipe cards somewhere in the house. Never really done it for pleasure though.

Back