2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boo, that sucks. Hopefully tomorrow Ricky!

Last night was miserable again but I am being discharged and heading home shortly. Cant wait to shower an get in the bed and take a nap. Thank you again to everyone for the messages and text messages. It is nice to know you have so much support.

Last night was miserable again but I am being discharged and heading home shortly. Cant wait to shower an get in the bed and take a nap. Thank you again to everyone for the messages and text messages. It is nice to know you have so much support.

glad you'll be heading home soon buddy.

Glad you get to head home.

Home, showered, and in bed. Wife is going to pick up pain meds while I sleep.

Home, showered, and in bed. Wife is going to pick up pain meds while I sleep.

Glad you made it home man! Take it easy with the pain meds if you can, and while you take them make sure you take a stool softener ( if that is allowed with this type of surgery - obviously check with the doc first!) Not a fun thing to talk about, but those pain meds will lead to constipation!

Glad you made it home man! Take it easy with the pain meds if you can, and while you take them make sure you take a stool softener ( if that is allowed with this type of surgery - obviously check with the doc first!) Not a fun thing to talk about, but those pain meds will lead to constipation!

Thanks man. I am not a big pain med person. Just going to take them to help me sleep.

Great to hear you are home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess that, this being the fitness thread, I'll leave this here: I'm a pretty fit guy, have been all my life. Now that I'm turning 30 and slowing down a bit, I'm starting to pay less attention to how much weight I lift and how much weight I carry around.

I'm in the Army, where I consistently lead our physical training. Personal opinion, if you're looking for a good fitness starter program, the Army's new Physical Readiness Training regimen is a good system. I do some iteration of this 4-5 mornings a week:

http://www.armyprt.com/strength_and_mobility_activities/index.shtml

I'm also a pretty avid cross-fitter. I don't get bored, there's too much variety to plateau, and for the first time in awhile, I'm lifting more weight while getting lighter myself. I tend to bulk up pretty easily, but the metabolic conditioning helps keep me from getting too far into the weeds of lifting all the heavy things.

I try to put a bit more emphasis on the Olympic lifts, as I feel the multi-joint, technique-based exercises translates most directly to a golf swing. I'm a shorter guy with T-rex arms, so I have to add more leg drive and dynamicism to my swing, especially off the tee. Exercises the place a heavy emphasis on coordination and balance really help me stay in sync.

Thanks man. I am not a big pain med person. Just going to take them to help me sleep.

Super glad to hear you are home bro! Get well sooooooon!! I should say recover soon!

I guess that, this being the fitness thread, I'll leave this here: I'm a pretty fit guy, have been all my life. Now that I'm turning 30 and slowing down a bit, I'm starting to pay less attention to how much weight I lift and how much weight I carry around.

I'm in the Army, where I consistently lead our physical training. Personal opinion, if you're looking for a good fitness starter program, the Army's new Physical Readiness Training regimen is a good system. I do some iteration of this 4-5 mornings a week:

http://www.armyprt.com/strength_and_mobility_activities/index.shtml

I'm also a pretty avid cross-fitter. I don't get bored, there's too much variety to plateau, and for the first time in awhile, I'm lifting more weight while getting lighter myself. I tend to bulk up pretty easily, but the metabolic conditioning helps keep me from getting too far into the weeds of lifting all the heavy things.

I try to put a bit more emphasis on the Olympic lifts, as I feel the multi-joint, technique-based exercises translates most directly to a golf swing. I'm a shorter guy with T-rex arms, so I have to add more leg drive and dynamicism to my swing, especially off the tee. Exercises the place a heavy emphasis on coordination and balance really help me stay in sync.

Great to hear man! Welcome to the site!!

2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Feeling a little better each day. Drinking/eating 4oz every hour of clear liquids for the next 2 weeks. Aiming for 48oz a day. Weighed myself for the first time this morning and I am down 7lbs so far. That was a pretty nice sight to see.

Feeling a little better each day. Drinking/eating 4oz every hour of clear liquids for the next 2 weeks. Aiming for 48oz a day. Weighed myself for the first time this morning and I am down 7lbs so far. That was a pretty nice sight to see.

That has to help you feel like you made the right decision.

That has to help you feel like you made the right decision.

Yeah It definitely helped ease the pain a bit. Long road to go but its a great start. Just went for a walk with my wife also. She took the week off from work to stay home and take care of me. She is so supportive and amazing.

Yeah It definitely helped ease the pain a bit. Long road to go but its a great start. Just went for a walk with my wife also. She took the week off from work to stay home and take care of me. She is so supportive and amazing.

Just keep it up, I bet you will lose a lot quickly, mainly because of pretty much liquids and then light foods being reintroduced in a few weeks. I think my cousin is up to 70 ish pounds lost and its been a few months.

Lucky man. :)

Keep up the good quality dieting! The only good weight loss is healthy eating weight loss. :-D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Starting my week off right. Sunday morning squats

egurezy4.jpg

#gettingstronger
#getsome

That pic is worse than foot pics. Haha

Weighed myself this morning. I almost fell over. Down 19lbs so far. This liquid only diet is not fun and is frankly annoying to measure 4oz of fluid and make sure I drink it over an hour span for the duration of the day but gotta do what I gotta do.

Weighed myself this morning. I almost fell over. Down 19lbs so far. This liquid only diet is not fun and is frankly annoying to measure 4oz of fluid and make sure I drink it over an hour span for the duration of the day but gotta do what I gotta do.

19lbs...well done man keep plugging away

So, I just weighed myself and I am down 26.4lbs in less than a week. It is quite shocking but is really reaffirming my decision. I know the next year isnt going to be easy but If it means I get even 1 day more with my wife and daughter then it is worth it.

Do you have a goal you are trying to reach Dev?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Do you have a goal you are trying to reach Dev?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Not particularly. Going to go as far as I can go. Just want to be healthy and active.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back