Illinois - 2013 THP Invitational Series Sponsored By Fairway Styles

I just loaded a whole bunch of stuff into the staffer..

I think I might have 18 or 19 clubs making the trip with me.

Nice. We should have lots of things to play around with.

5 different putters I believe.

Good. I'm not bringing putters.

Have fun guys. wish I was there with you.

I'm trying to find an old Bluetooth headset as a tribute. Never Forget.

You need to make sure you have the intensity to match bro

I've been pounding Mountain Dew all week in preparation. It's going to be extreme.

Me too PD. How'd it go?

Eh. Was a little all over the place. Hit driver and 3 wood pretty good. Hit my wedges very good. Hit my irons just ok. I was sort of forced to hit in a section of the range I dont like a lot because it puts me between clubs for the center of the 150 green and the teeing area starts to fall away and puts the ball above your feet just enough. But I hit it good enough to feel ok about it.

I hate a bad range spot dude. Same with garbage grass. I felt pretty good about mine. Hit a lot of wedges tonight.

Good thing it was for baby #2 or you might be scheduling an MRI. Women folk seem so touchy about little things like that, it's not like you won't get a printout. :D

Good thing she realizes how amped I am for this weekend. I'm a lucky guy.

Dance_Business, you're in. You're teeing off at 1:43.

JRod, wish you were here with us.
I also hit balls today, managed to put up 4 straight blow up holes of 8, 8, 9, 8 on a par 4, 3, 4, 5. Irrecoverable after that, shot a 94. Definitely left a lot out there on those, but also had 5 straight pars, and an eagle attempt(that turned into a par). It was at bridges of poplar creek, which is Friday's round. Here's a heads up, the greens are very soft and will stick your ball, but they are fast when putting. We've had a lot of rain, but it's drained really well, and everything looks great, fairways are in great shape, and the best the bunkers have been. Those in my group on Friday, I'll give some pointers, but 16, 17, 18 may be the most difficult closing 3 holes I've played in the area. A medium length par 4, with a creek at 280, and a 80 yard approach into an uphill small green protected by trees and bunkers. Then onto a downhill par 3, that plays longer than it looks and reads, surrounded by water on 2 sides, and bunkers on the other sides, and then the longest par 4 on the course, dog leg right, and protected by a very narrow mouth with bunkers all around.

Dan

Sounds like fun Dan. I'm looking forward to it!

Thanks for setting us up Dan. Heard nothing but good things about this course.

Dance_Business, you're in. You're teeing off at 1:43.

JRod, wish you were here with us.
I also hit balls today, managed to put up 4 straight blow up holes of 8, 8, 9, 8 on a par 4, 3, 4, 5. Irrecoverable after that, shot a 94. Definitely left a lot out there on those, but also had 5 straight pars, and an eagle attempt(that turned into a par). It was at bridges of poplar creek, which is Friday's round. Here's a heads up, the greens are very soft and will stick your ball, but they are fast when putting. We've had a lot of rain, but it's drained really well, and everything looks great, fairways are in great shape, and the best the bunkers have been. Those in my group on Friday, I'll give some pointers, but 16, 17, 18 may be the most difficult closing 3 holes I've played in the area. A medium length par 4, with a creek at 280, and a 80 yard approach into an uphill small green protected by trees and bunkers. Then onto a downhill par 3, that plays longer than it looks and reads, surrounded by water on 2 sides, and bunkers on the other sides, and then the longest par 4 on the course, dog leg right, and protected by a very narrow mouth with bunkers all around.

Dan

Thanks Dan! What time are others arriving? Noonish?
I am packed & am headed to Lake Barrington in the morning!

I played last Saturday & Sunday, so I'll hit the range when I get there.

what's the range situation Friday? Since I'm in a later group, I figure to hit a few extra balls and work on some things.

Thanks Dan! What time are others arriving? Noonish?
I am packed & am headed to Lake Barrington in the morning!

I played last Saturday & Sunday, so I'll hit the range when I get there.

I will be arriving around noon, making sure everything is set up, I'll get a few super sized buckets for ya'll at the range. Tee times aren't until 1:34, so I'm not sure what time everyone else intends to arrive.

Dan

I can't say for sure, but I'm guessing we'll roll in around 1pm. I pick up ATL at 11 and then I think we're going to scoot to the hotel to check in if there's time. If that doesn't work out we may just get a bite to eat and head right over.

Took some time to check out the course online and it looks really nice Dan. Thanks again for setting this up.

Poplar has the best quality range balls in the area. The last 3 holes are brutal. 18 kills me all the time. You guys will have a blast

I'm going to play 18 as a par 5 then :D

I'm going to play 18 as a par 5 then :D

There are a couple holes to play planning for bogey, and happy if you get par. 18 is one of them. So is 12, 16, 5, and 6. Also, the pin placement today on the par 3's was tour level placement, on the break of the lower slope, front protected by bunker, if you're long, your putt goes off the front, only 4 yards from pin to front of green.

Dan

Back