NHL 2013-2014 Season

I think it's gonna work well plus I bet emery only signs for a year so it's a short term gamble.

It certainly has the feel of a tryout style contract, I have just (enjoyed?) watched them both falter for various teams, and know quite well that they are both headcases.

Alfie to Detroit. More veterans there
Emery to Philly. He should be a starter there backed up by Mason. Good pick up by them.

Epic meltdown on twitter...

@DetroitRedwings: "Wings agree to terms with @ottawasenators Captain Daniel Alfredsson @DAlfredsson11"

@OttawaSenators: "Today we are reminded professional sports is nothing but a business. What has transpired here in Ottawa today is gross."

Fight.Fight.Fight.Fight.Fight.Fight.Fight.Fight.

Epic meltdown on twitter...

@DetroitRedwings: "Wings agree to terms with @ottawasenators Captain Daniel Alfredsson @DAlfredsson11"

@OttawaSenators: "Today we are reminded professional sports is nothing but a business. What has transpired here in Ottawa today is gross."

Fight.Fight.Fight.Fight.Fight.Fight.Fight.Fight.

Hahaha they said "gross". That's a franchise terminology right?

They offer their 14 year captain a blank check and he shrugs it off and signs somewhere else?

Oh man I hope Detroit crashes and burns.

A lot of Captains moving in the past 6 months.
Iginla, Morrow, Pominville, LeCavalier, Alfredsson, Horcoff, Streit, etc

Last edited:
Hilarious tweet today regarding Emery signing with Phily:

@ChrisBottaNHL: Ray Emery's smart. He knows that one good year with the Flyers gets him 8 years, $300 billion.

And Columbus gets Horton!! For a pretty awesome cap hit too (5.3 average over 7 years).

Great stuff.

Congrats! That's a great deal.
Are you guys moving to the Eastern Conference too or is that only Detroit?

Ugghhh... The Kings lost Scuderi. Back to Pittsburgh.
Big shoes to fill in

Congrats! That's a great deal.
Are you guys moving to the Eastern Conference too or is that only Detroit?

Yeah but we're in with a lot of the NY teams, whereas Detroit moves to play with the Eastern Canadian teams and Buffalo.

A lot of Captains moving in the past 6 months.
Iginla, Morrow, Pominville, LeCavalier, Alfredsson, Horcoff, Streit, etc

Dude where have you been, I feel like I only see you on this thread!

Did you hear that Stoll had a seizure the other day?

Leafs resign Bozie and sign Clarkson. 7 years is a long time at 36 mil. Lets hope he trends upward.

The Weiss move to Detroit is pretty stunning as well.

Surprised Detroit is opening up the purse strings. Must have gotten tired paying a ton for bums like Samuellson to sit on the IR

The Weiss move to Detroit is pretty stunning as well.

Surprised Detroit is opening up the purse strings. Must have gotten tired paying a ton for bums like Samuellson to sit on the IR

I think they finally accepted the fact that they couldn't just sit and wait for talent to fall into their lap anymore..

Weiss gets less

I can't believe that to be honest. Weiss didn't hear from the leafs. He took a 5/25 contract. Ugh.
He only has one 40+ point season

Exactly.. One solid year from a guy who's not used to coming close to those numbers..

Dude where have you been, I feel like I only see you on this thread!

Did you hear that Stoll had a seizure the other day?

im on here everyday bud! Today is definitely a hockey day though!
Yeah I heard about Stoll. Maybe one of the symptoms from Torres hit.

Good job getting the thread up Dan. Are we doing Fantasy Hockey again this year? I know it is far off but just wanted to check.

Just getting caught up on the Caps this afternoon. Ribero is not surprising especially since they let Semin walk signing Ribero for 4 years would have been very surprising.

Watch detroit deal Alfie back to ottawa for picks at the deadline LOL

Good job getting the thread up Dan. Are we doing Fantasy Hockey again this year? I know it is far off but just wanted to check.

Just getting caught up on the Caps this afternoon. Ribero is not surprising especially since they let Semin walk signing Ribero for 4 years would have been very surprising.

I can't imagine why we won't.. I'll get it up and running again when the time is right.

Back