The Official 2013-2014 NBA Thread

Maybe I am a Homer, but I think they are going to surprise this year. Drummond is going to be a hell of a player, Monroe is a good player, and now Smith. We still have $10 mil. to spend, so hopefully we aren't done yet.

I like Smith better than most. Especially if they can get him to stop taking long permiter 2's on offense. Defensively he and Drummond should be pretty good. Just not sure where this leaves Monroe as I don't like Smith spending too much time at the three.

Some combo of Monroe & Brandon Knight for Rondo? Rondo & Smith could be really dangerous..........or a huge cluster hump.

Jarett jack to the cavs for 4 years....blah

Watched Jack when he was in Indiana and in this years playoffs. Good match with Irving. He can back him up or move over to the 2 and play off of him. Hits a lot of late game clutch shots too.

26 MIL for 4-years was too much though. Jack is not a great athlete and soon to be 30.

I like Smith better than most. Especially if they can get him to stop taking long permiter 2's on offense. Defensively he and Drummond should be pretty good. Just not sure where this leaves Monroe as I don't like Smith spending too much time at the three.

Some combo of Monroe & Brandon Knight for Rondo? Rondo & Smith could be really dangerous..........or a huge cluster hump.

Smith and Drummond are going to have a BLOCK PARTY!!! Nobody is gonna want to take the ball to the hole.

Last edited:
1043978_567872223264067_807526061_n.png

Apparently Bynum is scheduling a meeting with the Cavs. Sorry Cleveland.

I wouldn't mind Bynum on a heavily team-friendly contract. I'm talking like 1 year @ 10 mil with a 1 year team option. I think that this is a gamble that a fringe contender could look into just in case he comes back "healthy".

I still think though that some team will be stupid enough to give him 3+ years.

Cavs offered 2 years 24 mil to Bynum...awaiting response

2nd year is a team option which I like since he has bum knees

Bynum reportedly agrees to sign with Cavs, who have until next summer to take the team option or not. I actually like this deal for both sides. If Bynum can stay healthy, I bet he works hard so he can get a big contract when he's a FA again. And I think he'll be a solid fit with Irving.

Bynum reportedly agrees to sign with Cavs, who have until next summer to take the team option or not. I actually like this deal for both sides. If Bynum can stay healthy, I bet he works hard so he can get a big contract when he's a FA again. And I think he'll be a solid fit with Irving during the 3 games they play together all season long.

Minor fify

I think it is a great gamble for the Cavs. If you gets healthy, he is a beast. Team option for second year is the smartest thing they could of done

Punch in the gut for Celtics fans like me in this morning's Boston Globe. Call me sappy, but Pierce should have retired as a Celtic.

celtics_ad-thumb-607x1101-107923.jpg

He still can

He still can

So he's going to come back after his contract ends next year and play for a crappy rebuilding team? No chance...and those "sign a contract for a day to retire with a team" things are stupid.

Where is he gonna end up next year?

Traded to Brooklyn.

So he's going to come back after his contract ends next year and play for a crappy rebuilding team? No chance...and those "sign a contract for a day to retire with a team" things are stupid.

Traded to Brooklyn.

Thanks. I use this thread to get my NBA news but got behind.

Its done for the team and for the player. I am pretty darn sure he will have a green hat on when he retires.

Billups going to the Pistons, Artest released from the Lakers

Kirilenko going to the Nets, looks like they are seriously trying to contend
[h=4][/h]

Monta Ellis about to sign with Dallas.

I like it!

First round pick shane Larkin breaks ankle today
...ouchy

Oh and the nets luxery tax bill after these trades is 80 mil lol

The full schedule is being released Tuesday. They are already leaking some key games though like MIA-LAL on Christmas, etc... Can't wait for the start of NBA season.

The full schedule is being released Tuesday. They are already leaking some key games though like MIA-LAL on Christmas, etc... Can't wait for the start of NBA season.

Miami-LA would not be that great a game. Try Miami-SA or Miami-Houston.

Back