Where to tee it up in the USA in August?

Cool. Well, my days off are Sunday's and Monday's so if there is room, count me in. About time I started meeting some of the natives :D

Cool. Well, my days off are Sunday's and Monday's so if there is room, count me in. About time I started meeting some of the natives :D

You have been counted in! We will probably play SJO on the Sunday. Time TBD.

You have been counted in! We will probably play SJO on the Sunday. Time TBD.
I say! Lovely. Two Brits. Will I bring crumpets and Pimms?:beauty:

I'd play Denver in August if I was you. It's not that bad and probably much cooler than most places in the county in August, RIGHT????

I just read this thread and all I can say is WOW!!! I am from Atlanta (born and raised) and you always hear about the generosity of the South but every time I go to California I experience some of the nicest people. Sure there are a$$holes everywhere but I think this is one of the nicest things I've ever seen.

Some 10 years back, I was on golfdigest.com's old forum (it seems that forum started it all) and I started a thread similar to this one that my wife and I would be coming to California for the first time. I said we'd be going to San Diego for a week and wanted some courses I should play to compliment Torrey Pines (which I knew I was going to play). I ended up getting some great advice from one particular forum member and ended up befriending him. He revealed to me he was the head greenskeeper for The Crosby in Rancho Santa Fe (which was new at the time). He invited my wife and I out to spend the day at the course and eat at the clubhouse and to this day, it is still one of the most beautiful courses I'd ever seen. Gotta love the folks in Californ-I-A!!!

Tee it up down here in Louisiana and enjoy your sweat-soaked glove, shirt, shorts, socks and hat by the end of the first hole! Well, that is if you didn't hit on the range or putt first!!!!

I say! Lovely. Two Brits. Will I bring crumpets and Pimms?:beauty:

My wife is bugging me to be more healthy and Pimms should count as fruit....

If you guys need to fill out a second foursome at SJO I will try to attend. It has only been a year since we teed it up and I'm not sure that poor Rob has fully recovered from the horrible things he witnessed.

My wife is bugging me to be more healthy and Pimms should count as fruit....

If you guys need to fill out a second foursome at SJO I will try to attend. It has only been a year since we teed it up and I'm not sure that poor Rob has fully recovered from the horrible things he witnessed.

Duffer, Rob v Mark looks a decent match. You and I can try to hold the fort with the 'healthy drinking' ;)

Duffer, Rob v Mark looks a decent match. You and I can try to hold the fort with the 'healthy drinking' ;)

El B,

Rob and Mark playing golf and the two of us enjoying the scenery while hitting the ball in a generally forward direction is a great idea.

San Juan Oaks is a very nice course. Hopefully, there will be several additional THP'rs able to make the trip. Either way, Rob is a great host and I am sure you will enjoy your visit to the Colonies.

El B,

Rob and Mark playing golf and the two of us enjoying the scenery while hitting the ball in a generally forward direction is a great idea.

San Juan Oaks is a very nice course. Hopefully, there will be several additional THP'rs able to make the trip. Either way, Rob is a great host and I am sure you will enjoy your visit to the Colonies.

Absolutely with you on all but "generally forward direction".

Definition of good shot;
1. I hit it!
2. I can find it
3. It's closer to the hole than when I started...

Hopefully not that bad. I'm really looking forward to the trip, but would appreciate it if the guys in Denver and Dallas could turn the weather down a bit...that looks HOT!

Just read a great review of Pasatiempo by TheHeez...really whet my appetite for California! Looking forward to meeting and teeing up with some THPers.

Pebble availability is currently pretty limited but if we are flexible then we should be able to get out there.

The current plan is:

Saturday afternoon at Pasatiempo.
Sunday at San Juan Oaks.
Monday at Pebble based on availability.

We may swap Saturday and Monday based on availability at Pebble.

Since we have a foursome for San Juan Oaks, we will stick with that for Sunday the 11th. tee-time is 9:00am

Exciting, exciting, exciting....just the two of us on Pasatiempo?

You will love Denver as it is not really hot and definitely not humid. Drop me a PM when you will be arriving and we will set something up with the THPers here.

You will love Denver as it is not really hot and definitely not humid. Drop me a PM when you will be arriving and we will set something up with the THPers here.
Really kind offer sir, thank you. Unfortunately, this trip, I am only in Denver from the Wednesday afternoon until the Friday afternoon, and having to work for a living! But there is always next time...:act-up:

Really kind offer sir, thank you. Unfortunately, this trip, I am only in Denver from the Wednesday afternoon until the Friday afternoon, and having to work for a living! But there is always next time...:act-up:

If you should have free time any of those days, let me know. There is a very good course right by the airport.

Could be...he's planning on plying me with wine the night before.........

(what a hard life!)

Just watch out if he wants to show you his etchings :eek: :D
Hopefully additional THP'rs will notice this thread and join you guys.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Pebble availability is currently pretty limited but if we are flexible then we should be able to get out there.

The current plan is:

Saturday afternoon at Pasatiempo.
Sunday at San Juan Oaks.
Monday at Pebble based on availability.

We may swap Saturday and Monday based on availability at Pebble.

Since we have a foursome for San Juan Oaks, we will stick with that for Sunday the 11th. tee-time is 9:00am

So you're playing Pasatiempo on Saturday, August 10th? You're all full for SJO on Sunday, then? If you have room on Saturday, I might be able to make it happen.

So you're playing Pasatiempo on Saturday, August 10th? You're all full for SJO on Sunday, then? If you have room on Saturday, I might be able to make it happen.

Still need final confirmation from Mark_UK that he is our fourth at SJO.

If you want to join us Saturday at Pasatiempo then that would be great.

Still need final confirmation from Mark_UK that he is our fourth at SJO.

If you want to join us Saturday at Pasatiempo then that would be great.

OK, I will work on it on my end shooting for the Saturday round. A little tricky, only because my wife is a teacher and that's her last weekend of the summer, but I've been planning on trying to get over there for this all along and have been dying to get my butt kicked by that Mackenzie layout. If for some reason, the 4th spot opens up for your SJO round on Sunday, let me know, though. It wouldn't hurt to have an option on which day I go over. Are you planning morning rounds?

OK, I will work on it on my end shooting for the Saturday round. A little tricky, only because my wife is a teacher and that's her last weekend of the summer, but I've been planning on trying to get over there for this all along and have been dying to get my butt kicked by that Mackenzie layout. If for some reason, the 4th spot opens up for your SJO round on Sunday, let me know, though. It wouldn't hurt to have an option on which day I go over. Are you planning morning rounds?

SJO is a 9am tee-time. Pasatiempo will be an afternoon round as the weather will be better in the afternoon and the early morning times are reserved for members only.

Back