Where to tee it up in the USA in August?

If THP still had the rep feature Rob's account would be getting lit up faster than a penny slot machine in old town Vegas. As it is, and bringing this back to Vegas, Rob's first round is on me for this awesomeness. Wow.

It's just about making others feel welcome whether you are from down the street or on the other side of the world. It's all about hospitality.

The salt lake valley in utah has a lot of very reasonable and good golf to be had. It is hot and dry in August I won't lie. If you decide to come this way let me know I would gladly join you for a round mate.

I don't see the need to venture too far from the Mountain time zone. I wouldn't mind fighting the cold in Denver for a year to play some of the following within driving distance: Redlands Mesa, Lakota Canyon, Bear Dance, Fossil Trace, Arrowhead, Prairie Club, Three Crowns, and Powder Horn come to mind.

Pac Grove is nice but it's still a muni course and the conditions reflect that. However, the setting right there on Monterey bay is exceptional once you get to the back nine.

Spanish Bay is nice but coming from the UK, I'd say he'd prefer something other then a crazy hard links style course. I'll take him somewhere with actual trees and stuff.

Love to have you Eddie! And if you want to road trip it to Vegas I'll swing by Fresno and pick you up on the way.

There are certainly plenty of great options to choose from. I still plan to get over there for a round at San Juan Oaks with you too. My wife is coming to Vegas, FYI, so don't know if you'll have room for both of us :D If you do, I'm down.

I hope this happens! I'd love to get out for a round with a UK THPer not to mention finally getting together with RoundersRob!

I can probably make a lot of this much easier and cheaper for you. I'll pull a few of your points here to show you how.

My house. Hotel style accommodations and walking access = down a flight of stairs to the wine cellar plus some pretty damn good food.

All of them (except a few of the ultra private ones).

Pebble and Spyglass are excellent but very expensive.

Bayonet and Blackhorse are very nice and very good values, but busy.

My home course, San Juan Oaks, is the one with the hawks, falcons, eagles and all sorts of other animals. That's a favorite just because of how much of a hidden gem it is.

Pasatiempo, being so close, can be done for half price if you get lucky and grab an afternoon time on golfnow. Being so close to my place makes that pretty easy.

There's numerous others to mention as well.

[/COLOR]
See previous answer to #1. :)

[/COLOR]
Fly into and out of San Jose and you won't even need a car. I'll pick you up.

There - the money I've just saved you on hotel and car = a round at Pebble Beach.

[/COLOR]
Yes. Maybe we can turn over a rock and find another couple of THPers to complete a foursome, should you decide to make a trip of it.

RR. Quite simply, I don't know what to say. That is the most staggering offer!

1. If you knew my capacity for wine consumption, you might want to reconsider! However, I dare say I might be able to slip some decent claret into the bag for old world v new world comparison purposes.

2. Pasatiempo and San Juan Oaks look nailed on choices. Pebble or Spyglass, weather dependent.

3. Accommodation, with free wine cellar, chauffeur is a massive saving! It would seem only right to use such a saving to buy myself a playing companion, guide and coach around PB. You up for the job RR?

I am still awe struck by the generosity of the offer and am developing a love for California and its inhabitants already...I have never even been there!

So RR, do we have a deal?

There are certainly plenty of great options to choose from. I still plan to get over there for a round at San Juan Oaks with you too. My wife is coming to Vegas, FYI, so don't know if you'll have room for both of us :D If you do, I'm down.

I hope this happens! I'd love to get out for a round with a UK THPer not to mention finally getting together with RoundersRob!

Syndicate! With an offer like Robs on the table, you think it might not happen? :) This Brit is
A: nailing down the business side of things
B: founding the RoundersRob fan club
C: packing

1. If you knew my capacity for wine consumption, you might want to reconsider! However, I dare say I might be able to slip some decent claret into the bag for old world v new world comparison purposes.

2. Pasatiempo and San Juan Oaks look nailed on choices. Pebble or Spyglass, weather dependent.

3. Accommodation, with free wine cellar, chauffeur is a massive saving! It would seem only right to use such a saving to buy myself a playing companion, guide and coach around PB. You up for the job RR?

I am still awe struck by the generosity of the offer and am developing a love for California and its inhabitants already...I have never even been there!

I like the way this is shaping up....

Syndicate! With an offer like Robs on the table, you think it might not happen? :) This Brit is
A: nailing down the business side of things
B: founding the RoundersRob fan club
C: packing

Sweet! I hope to join you on the course, sir!

Sweet! I hope to join you on the course, sir!

Fantastic! All good news...now to chase down the work side of this and start firming dates...

Fantastic! All good news...now to chase down the work side of this and start firming dates...

Keep me posted. I'll keep that weekend free on my calendar.

I like the sound of this.

Sounds good to me.

The caddy can coach you around PB. I'll take care of the rest.

California isn't too hard to love around these parts. Some of the inhabitants, not so much. :)

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Some progress! Flights held for San Jose on August 9...so definitely going to be playing some golf in California!
Wahay!

So then. Some golf is definitely going to happen on August 10, 11 and 12 and quite possibly on 13 and 14. Rob is going to play golf and I am going to try follow. A couple of California Hackers required! syndicate? markuk? Both in the frame!

My wife and I are looking forward to welcoming a UK THPer to our home and California. Bring your appetite for food, wine and of course golf.

Schedule permitting we'll play Pasatiempo on Saturday, my home course of San Juan Oaks on Sunday and if the stars line up correctly, Pebble Beach on Monday.

My wife and I are looking forward to welcoming a UK THPer to our home and California. Bring your appetite for food, wine and of course golf.

Schedule permitting we'll play Pasatiempo on Saturday, my home course of San Juan Oaks on Sunday and if the stars line up correctly, Pebble Beach on Monday.

Rob,
If you guys have room on Sunday I wouldn't mind hitting San Juan Oaks again.

Sure. It'll be either Saturday or Sunday. We'll confirm when the date gets closer. It would be great to get a few THPers together.

Glad you got this worked out mate. If you find yourself in Utah let me know I would gladly treat you to a round at my home course.

One very excited UK THPer here. Very much looking forward to a first trip to California. Everybody has to have a talent for something, and fortunately appetite is one of my strong suits! Still completely blown away by Rob's offer of hospitality and that of his wife. Praying for the stars to align and give me a round on one Monterey's legendary courses on the Monday, but confident that any and all of the courses will provide memories for a lifetime.

Wow.

Really wow!

One very excited UK THPer here. Very much looking forward to a first trip to California. Everybody has to have a talent for something, and fortunately appetite is one of my strong suits! Still completely blown away by Rob's offer of hospitality and that of his wife. Praying for the stars to align and give me a round on one Monterey's legendary courses on the Monday, but confident that any and all of the courses will provide memories for a lifetime.
Wow.

Really wow!

A truly amazing offer indeed! Very few forums around where people are that genuine and friendly.

Top man RR!

Glad you got this worked out mate. If you find yourself in Utah let me know I would gladly treat you to a round at my home course.

Ditto this if you're in the Seattle, WA/Vancouver, BC area sometime in the next year!

Just got handed my provisional itinerary...and scheduled to fly from San Jose to Salt Lake City change terminal onto Minneapolis and then London. On the ground for 1 hour and six minutes, and even though I like to play fast, that might be a struggle for even 9 holes! I'll try to wave! But thank you for the offer!

A truly amazing offer indeed! Very few forums around where people are that genuine and friendly.

Top man RR!

So true! A privilege to be involved in.

So then. Some golf is definitely going to happen on August 10, 11 and 12 and quite possibly on 13 and 14. Rob is going to play golf and I am going to try follow. A couple of California Hackers required! syndicate? markuk? Both in the frame!

OK, I've just seen my pm's (stupid tapatalk app doesn't give me notifications). If there is still space in the 4 ball, I'm defo up for this, work permitting, especially if you are playing San Juan Oaks. i've yet to play it, but my father in law raves about the place!

OK, I've just seen my pm's (stupid tapatalk app doesn't give me notifications). If there is still space in the 4 ball, I'm defo up for this, work permitting, especially if you are playing San Juan Oaks. i've yet to play it, but my father in law raves about the place!

Sure. It'll be either Saturday or Sunday. We'll confirm when the date gets closer. It would be great to get a few THPers together.

Mark, the joys of Tapatalk! Great, but a little confusing! Hopefully, quoting Rob will grab his attention. He quickly worked out that left to my own devices I would quite probably end up in the Ocean and has taken on the role of chief organiser. I think San Juan Oaks is his home field - so pretty sure it is on the agenda!

Tapping away!

Back