Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes a new ponder sheesh I'm gonna get divorced soon if I keep this up.
$T2eC16F,!wsE9suw)zBDBR3ynC3mmw~~60_1.JPG

I put the Ogio bag wake just got into my online shopping cart last night. Then I thought of my marriage and closed the window

My super-hittable Callaway GBBII fairway woods have recently developed a tendency to go dead left on impact. Yesterday, especially as I started to groove my swing a bit, I had to weak my grip to produce a fade to get them back on line. I'm starting to think I might be swinging too fast for the shaft flex.

So now I'm in ponder mode for a 3W and 5W. And since I'm going to Tucson anyway to look at drivers...

My wife is going to ban me from golf, I swear.

Yes a new ponder sheesh I'm gonna get divorced soon if I keep this up.
$T2eC16F,!wsE9suw)zBDBR3ynC3mmw~~60_1.JPG

Great looking bags, I absolutely love the Cleveland 588 stand bag also.

I put the Ogio bag wake just got into my online shopping cart last night. Then I thought of my marriage and closed the window

Haha, I'm glad you didn't let me negatively effect your marriage.

913 hybos

Those Hopkins are certainly interesting. Tried the Scors against the J40's today and I was just a little better with the Scors especially with chipping

Those Hopkins are certainly interesting. Tried the Scors against the J40's today and I was just a little better with the Scors especially with chipping

I love my SCORs. They just do everything a wedge should do for me IMO

I love my SCORs. They just do everything a wedge should do for me IMO

I enjoyed mine for a long time, in the end the fact that they are just smaller in overall size started to get in my head a bit and it was time for a change. I thought it would be the RTX's or MD2's but the Hopkins are just outshining those for me personally so far.

I must hit some of these Hopkins wedges in vegas. I still find myself looking for a wedge to fall in love with.

I must hit some of these Hopkins wedges in vegas. I still find myself looking for a wedge to fall in love with.

I'll have two in the bag by then, Cookie will have his as well!

Nice. I think I will spend some time messing around on their site today.

Yep, will have the 54* with the heel toe grind.

Got to put a better shaft into the X Hot Driver. The stock one just doesn't agree with me.

Have a new tip coming, but not sure if I want to pull the R1 tip off the Kusala Blue or the Aldila NVS first. Of course, the year started with Cally tips on both shafts.

Yep, will have the 54* with the heel toe grind.

Since I know we'll be in the same group this next weekend I may play your 54 a good bit if you don't mind, trying to see exactly what (if anything) I'd want to do grind wise.

The Hopkins site recommends a shelf grind for my area. Any other wedge come with this type of grind?

The Hopkins site recommends a shelf grind for my area. Any other wedge come with this type of grind?

As a stock grind? Not that I'm aware of outside of a special order custom grind and lots of $$$. Odds are IF I do get a grind on my 54 that will be the one I get though so you'd be able to try it out in Vegas.

As a stock grind? Not that I'm aware of outside of a special order custom grind and lots of $$$. Odds are IF I do get a grind on my 54 that will be the one I get though so you'd be able to try it out in Vegas.

That would be cool. It sounds like it would be great for the conditions up here.

I'm pondering several dozen more Chrome+'s. Very impressive ball.

I felt like I was getting a touch more distance off of the tee (where the ball felt really solid), but I still had a lot of control with approach shots and around the green. Not too spinny. Just right.

I felt like I was getting a touch more distance off of the tee (where the ball felt really solid), but I still had a lot of control with approach shots and around the green. Not too spinny. Just right.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to a non urethane ball one my current stash runs out.

Pondering a 54* wedge (most likely a vokey sm4) and a Nike covert tour driver with anything that launches lower than the stock shaft. God I can't keep the ball down off the tee.

Glad you liked them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back