The Official Tiger Woods Thread

In other news....
Watching Tiger play courses he has owned in the past is just awesome. Its a handful of places and his play is special there. Im hoping it continues to Oak Hill and that we see a star studded leaderboard.

I'm hoping so too. I'm looking forward to seeing how difficult Oak Hill plays this time around. He was irrelevant last time it was there.

In other news....
Watching Tiger play courses he has owned in the past is just awesome. Its a handful of places and his play is special there. Im hoping it continues to Oak Hill and that we see a star studded leaderboard.

It is staggering. Looking at the list of courses he has made his b____h, it blows my mind. Especially at WGC.

Do you think that if he chose other courses that they wouldn't be owned by tiger?

I personally believe he would make almost any course his b!tch but instead he plays where the biggest purses are and takes home a bunch of cash that way. Making the courses his own in the process.

Do you think that if he chose other courses that they wouldn't be owned by tiger?

I personally believe he would make almost any course his b!tch but instead he plays where the biggest purses are and takes home a bunch of cash that way. Making the courses his own in the process.

He plays the biggest purses and toughest fields. And has owned them. Those tournaments have been at the same courses and it just works out. I think you're right. I don't think he plays this week because he likes Firestone CC South. I think he plays here because of the size/quality of field and its a good warm up for the PGA. And then he wins.

He plays the biggest purses and toughest fields. And has owned them. Those tournaments have been at the same courses and it just works out. I think you're right. I don't think he plays this week because he likes Firestone CC South. I think he plays here because of the size/quality of field and its a good warm up for the PGA. And then he wins.

Bingo! It's truly remarkable that his best performances come against the strongest fields in the game. 8 times (?) at Bay Hill, and going for an 8th time now at Firestone? Say all you want about horses for courses, but these are tough tracks, he's playing against the best players in the world and he keeps dominating them.

Hard to say. His track record the last 5 years playing non common courses has not been anywhere near anything else that he does.

Some courses suit guys better than others.

Hard to say. His track record the last 5 years playing non common courses has not been anywhere near anything else that he does.

Some courses suit guys better than others.

Tiger doesn't step out often and play different courses really. I did think that his win at Sawgrass this year was interesting. Just because he hasn't really played well there in the past.

It's not like he's never played Oak Hill.... Based on his play this week he seems to be trending in right direction

Tiger doesn't step out often and play different courses really. I did think that his win at Sawgrass this year was interesting. Just because he hasn't really played well there in the past.

That is why I mentioned that one earlier as a real sign on the progress. But look at the record over the last 5 years on courses he has not owned. Its not great by his standards.

Nothing wrong with that mind you, and the bar is set high.

That is why I mentioned that one earlier as a real sign on the progress. But look at the record over the last 5 years on courses he has not owned. Its not great by his standards.

I think that his showings in the Opens (US and British) and PGAs is interesting. Especially over the past two or three years.

I think for the most part all the top players try to make sure they play all the events that are on courses they like or suit their game. Guys on the lower end if the tour have to take starts where they can get them. Especially this year with the shortened season.

It's astounding to me that Tiger's win percentage in WGC events is where it is. Somewhere north if 40% in events with the highest ranked players in the world.

You think it's layout dependent? I don't think it's super tight, but then again my misses aren't quite as severe as his at times.

You think it's layout dependent? I don't think it's super tight, but then again my misses aren't quite as severe as his at times.

Fwiw - your recovery shots probably aren't as good either. But that's just a guess.

I think its putting dependent and knowing the greens backwards and forwards.

I think its putting dependent and knowing the greens backwards and forwards.

THP needs to lock down a one on one with him. You've got that pull with Steinberg right?

It's not like he's never played Oak Hill.... Based on his play this week he seems to be trending in right direction
Everyone says that before a major. One of these times he is actually going to win one again, but go back and look. Ever since he snapped that long steak between wins, people are saying, and especially in this thread, that this is the week. And then the next major, that this is the week.

And then after said major, that fourth place is pretty good. How can anything but a win be pretty good for someone whose number one goal since he was a kid, was to break Jack's record? He is going to win several again sooner or later but it hasn't happened yet.

I will tell you this though. I am using my last start in fantasy league for him in the pga.

Everyone says that before a major. One of these times he is actually going to win one again, but go back and look. Ever since he snapped that long steak between wins, people are saying, and especially in this thread, that this is the week. And then the next major, that this is the week.

And then after said major, that fourth place is pretty good. How can anything but a win be pretty good for someone whose number one goal since he was a kid, was to break Jack's record? He is going to win several again sooner or later but it hasn't happened yet.

I will tell you this though. I am using my last start in fantasy league for him in the pga.

I think you have to take him. It's hard not too.

I think you have to take him. It's hard not too.

Is there another WGC event this year? Might consider saving him for that! He seems to do better in these events than Majors lately.

Is there another WGC event this year? Might consider saving him for that! He seems to do better in these events than Majors lately.

Last one is in November in Asia generally I think. Not sure if that will be part of our Fantasy league or not.

Two things I noticed when feherty was interviewing him. First it seemed to me that he has that focus back that has brought him so many wins. Even par today was a very good score. Second I think this is the first time I've ever seen one of his kids at the golf course ! Is that the first time ? I thought that was pretty cool .. On a side note henrik Stenson sure is a solid player. He's got a really good game

Two things I noticed when feherty was interviewing him. First it seemed to me that he has that focus back that has brought him so many wins. Even par today was a very good score. Second I think this is the first time I've ever seen one of his kids at the golf course ! Is that the first time ? I thought that was pretty cool .. On a side note henrik Stenson sure is a solid player. He's got a really good game

I just said to my wife that same thing. I've never seen his kids on the course

I thought watching Tiger walk off with his son having his arms wrapped around his neck was awesome. I don't know if he's ever had his son at a tournament before, but I thought it painted Tiger in a bit of a different light.

Cool photo of TW post tourney today:

BQ2xg0eCEAEn9DO.jpg:large

I did enjoy seeing Tiger and his son at the end. I just really seems like he's in a good place now. Looking forward to the Pga

Back