NHL 2013-2014 Season

He'll be an impact whether he scores or not. He left money on the table in 3+ other cities to come to Toronto. I'm glad he's here. Not like my team went out and "picked up scraps" for jagr.

FTR I would love to have jagr.

He'll be an impact whether he scores or not. He left money on the table in 3+ other cities to come to Toronto. I'm glad he's here. Not like my team went out and "picked up scraps" for jagr.

That teams would have paid him more, in my opinion, is laughable. Hopefully it works out for them!

I'm not disagreeing that it was high. But it was a tough market and the cap is likely to go up next year.

That teams would have paid him more, in my opinion, is laughable. Hopefully it works out for them!

Disagree. I hope he fails miserably and the Maple Leafs implode.

How do you figure? He doesnt fight. He doesnt hit. And he literally cannot go one shift without falling down. Oh and complains to the refs about everything. Enjoy!

Well he lead your team in scoring last year. So as much as you can talk bad about him, youre trashing the devils too lol.

He battles in front and he generates a lot of shots. He had a 30 goal season then followed it up with 15 in 48 games... without scoring in the last 30 games? I read somewhere that when he is on the ice, the devils (i think) outscore and outshoot their opponents by a lot. IIRC he also wasnt riding Kovy's coattails either.

Plus if you look at the leafs team in relation to their style of play and system, he fits, and fits well. We have a great team this year. Two awesome goalies, some elite scoring, some great scoring help, and a lot of tough hockey players who can score. When Bickell gets 4mil, this guy gets 5.2. Im happy with that.

http://www.stats.hockeyanalysis.com/showplayer.php?pid=235&withagainst=true&season=2011-13&sit=5v5

How do you figure? He doesnt fight. He doesnt hit. And he literally cannot go one shift without falling down. Oh and complains to the refs about everything. Enjoy!

Well he lead your team in scoring last year. So as much as you can talk bad about him, youre trashing the devils too lol.

He battles in front and he generates a lot of shots. He had a 30 goal season then followed it up with 15 in 48 games... without scoring in the last 30 games? I read somewhere that when he is on the ice, the devils (i think) outscore and outshoot their opponents by a lot. IIRC he also wasnt riding Kovy's coattails either.

Plus if you look at the leafs team in relation to their style of play and system, he fits, and fits well. We have a great team this year. Two awesome goalies, some elite scoring, some great scoring help, and a lot of tough hockey players who can score. When Bickell gets 4mil, this guy gets 5.2. Im happy with that.

http://www.stats.hockeyanalysis.com/showplayer.php?pid=235&withagainst=true&season=2011-13&sit=5v5

You dont need to tell me about Clarkson. I have seen him play every game in the NHL. I am telling you what to expect. As for your 2 awesome goalies, how many years has Bernier been an NHL starter? Reimer is an awesome goalie now? I dont know why I continue to reply..

Reimer was 8th in SV% and 9th in SO... After what weve dealt with in years past, Im pleased. Especially with how he is trending.

And god forbid a #2 goalie behind the best goalie in the world gets a starting job somewhere. Cant be called awesome, even though he has played well and shown he can play in the bigs.

Reimer was 8th in SV% and 9th in SO... After what weve dealt with in years past, Im pleased. Especially with how he is trending.

And god forbid a #2 goalie behind the best goalie in the world gets a starting job somewhere. Cant be called awesome, even though he has played well and shown he can play in the bigs.

So an unproven starting goalie is awesome? Hmm where have I heard this before? Gustaffson....

So an unproven starting goalie is awesome? Hmm where have I heard this before? Gustaffson....

I would consider Reimer proven. And I would consider Bernier ready for a starter job.

I know you don't quite understand the concepts of how a team struggles through Management change, and you are very lucky for that. I'd kill to have a smart, long term manager like Lou. But we had some dumbasses in charge for a long time that effed our team for the current AND future.

IMO Burke didn't get enough time at the helm because our future was finally coming around but Nonis is smart and we made the playoffs last year and were a miracle shy of going 2 or 3 rounds deep.

So if Reimer is "proven" (your word, certainly not how I'd describe him), why would they go out and dump assets to get Bernier?

So if Reimer is "proven" (your word, certainly not how I'd describe him), why would they go out and dump assets to get Bernier?

Honestly? I really don't think they dumped any assets.

We've got a NHL ready goalie for a fast but streaky winger. A mediocre backup, and a weak pick. We retained a little cash but regardless if what position your team is in you make that deal 10 days a week.

Plus we've got some young guys chomping to get in the league who are ready and Frattin made room for that.

Ill take a rookie with the same skills and a higher potential.

What makes you think he's NHL ready? He's been eating popcorn for a couple years.

I wouldn't quite call it eating popcorn. He's had extended stints thanks to injury on Quick and has performed as a starter should. He gets shut outs, has a high sv%. And best of all, wins hockey games.

I keep waiting to see where Mason Raymond signs, or if he goes to Europe :S... He had the best season, he has had. And for many weeks was the best player with Hansen

I keep waiting to see where Mason Raymond signs, or if he goes to Europe :S... He had the best season, he has had. And for many weeks was the best player with Hansen

Would love if Mason signed here in Carolina would be a great second/third liner for us that could provide some secondary scoring. The team is soft so they better be getting the best/fastest skill guys they can get. Skinner/Lindholm/Raymond would be a great line imo just extremely soft.

Leave it to a Flyer to get hurt while playing golf, and need surgery for it! http://flyers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=680285

Below is a statement from Flyers general manager Paul Holmgren on Claude Giroux's injury.

"Philadelphia Flyers captain Claude Giroux had successful surgery this afternoon on his right index finger performed by Dr. Katherine Boyd at the Ottawa Civic Hospital in Ottawa, Canada. Giroux was golfing today when his golf club shattered and splintered into his index finger. Although there were no broken bones, there was some damage to his extensor tendons in his finger. He is expected to have a full recovery in 5-6 weeks."

What an abomination the Team USA jerseys are. Yikes

Those are pretty bad....almost as bad a the Russian home jerseys

New-Russia-Hockey-Jerseys.jpg

Back