SeeMore Counter-Balanced Putter Preview

Talked with Cody at Seemore today about sending a stick in to counterbalance, very nice to talk with and good information answered every question I had, Now I just need to decide what to send ugh!!! FGP or X4 , Jman how well would a Z2C roll with this done?

Probably pretty well, it truly is a phenomenal piece of putter machinery, haha. Its all about the headweight and if SeeMore is doing it they can get it there.

also the length you guys were talking 38" to 40" was freaking me out my putters are 33.75 and I grip way down , but talking with Cody he said they usually just add 3" to the normal playing length so I hope I it works well at 36.75?

Yep, I mentioned it in the initial post but its usually +3-4" over what you regularly use. I was honestly concerned about it as well coming in but I've hound it to have a ton of benefits, including a MUCH better/more-consistent posture.

Thanks for response , Jman another question for you on Z series is there much difference in feel between the Z2c tour with weights and the smoke non weight one seeing they are different metals

Thanks for response , Jman another question for you on Z series is there much difference in feel between the Z2c tour with weights and the smoke non weight one seeing they are different metals

I hit on it in my frontpage review ( http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=20360 ) but in a nutshell you'll get a slightly lower audible sound out of the smoke diamond version because of the carbon steel dual milling compared to the tour with the stainless dual milling. Little lower sound leads to a touch softer "feel". Hope that helps a bit!

No problem dude, I'm always here to help.

Talked with Cody at Seemore today about sending a stick in to counterbalance, very nice to talk with and good information answered every question I had, Now I just need to decide what to send ugh!!! FGP or X4 , Jman how well would a Z2C roll with this done?

Cody is super helpful. Went with 38" and the blue grip (may even add some paintfill). Sending it in tomorrow. Can't wait to start rolling putts with it.

Cody is getting a lot of action from THPrs wanting to CB existing putters :)

JonD, what putter you going with? Adding Paintfill??? You or Seemore, Might have to call Cody back if there doing paint fill. Still dont know which one to send I love my X4 would be tough to send it out. Thinking of grabbing a Z-2C

JonD, what putter you going with? Adding Paintfill??? You or Seemore, Might have to call Cody back if there doing paint fill. Still dont know which one to send I love my X4 would be tough to send it out. Thinking of grabbing a Z-2C

I'm sending my Si3 as it's the only one I have. :D I'd be doing the paint fill myself. I'm actually a fan of the red & white, but could definitely see going all blue just for fun.

Because of the length of the grip, there's no taper sensation, the diameter through the middle of the grip is very similar. I'll be putting the SeeMore belly grip on the heads we can get up to 375+ weight but in the ones we can only get to about 360 I'll be going with the SS 17" belly since it only weighs 85g and will allow for the head to still be felt thought the stroke.

Seemore belly is a solid grip. I like it. It's all about the weight you need though with it at 125g and the SS 17" being 85g.

So it's not just a case of adding 55 g to the grip end to make up for the loss of the grip weight? (125 - 85 = 40 g; and 375 g - 360 = 15 g.: 40 + 15 = 55 g)

I assume that would throw off the balance (head too light, handle too heavy)

So it's not just a case of adding 55 g to the grip end to make up for the loss of the grip weight? (125 - 85 = 40 g; and 375 g - 360 = 15 g.: 40 + 15 = 55 g)

I assume that would throw off the balance (head too light, handle too heavy)

In the end it will ALWAYS be personal preference. I know what I like in not just a butt to headweight ratio but an overall weight as well. I've enjoyed what the counterbalanced setup has brought to the table. You have to also remember that the weight on the grip end is more spread out than in a standard grip, thusly affecting the balance point of the head as well (placement has as big of a role as the actual weight itself).

I really think some are over-analyzing the situation and setup here. Its all about what YOU want in the end, just as I know what I want.

In the end it will ALWAYS be personal preference. I know what I like in not just a butt to headweight ratio but an overall weight as well. I've enjoyed what the counterbalanced setup has brought to the table. You have to also remember that the weight on the grip end is more spread out than in a standard grip, thusly affecting the balance point of the head as well (placement has as big of a role as the actual weight itself).

I really think some are over-analyzing the situation and setup here. Its all about what YOU want in the end, just as I know what I want.

I agree that it's all personal preference. For me it's also about being cheap & thinking out loud how I could retrofit one of these suckers myself. Also - love the SS 1.0 grip, but I imagine the Feeltec is similar since it's essentially non-tapered.

One last (for now) question: You said "in the [heads] we can only get to about 360 g" - is that Seemore or just you with a DIY job? WHich heads were limited to this weight?

Thanks for your patience & layin' the Seemore knowledge on us, Jman!

Im doing nothing of the sort!!! :actup:

I agree that it's all personal preference. For me it's also about being cheap & thinking out loud how I could retrofit one of these suckers myself. Also - love the SS 1.0 grip, but I imagine the Feeltec is similar since it's essentially non-tapered.

One last (for now) question: You said "in the [heads] we can only get to about 360 g" - is that Seemore or just you with a DIY job? WHich heads were limited to this weight?

Thanks for your patience & layin' the Seemore knowledge on us, Jman!

I also agree with Jman that it is personal preference. Regardless of the Science, if you don't like the look/feel...

To your other point, there is a science to it that SeeMore Tecs consider. If you look at companies like Balance Certified that have products where you can move an adjustable weight within the shaft to get the exact MOI, then technically yes you can achieve an ideal placement based on the science to have the exact balance point, weight, grip you want, etc. So yes, you could get all the tools you need to make it work, which in the end usually costs us more than having a pro do it if you factor time spent :)

For me, I was comfortable messing around with an FGP mallet I got cheap off of ebay. If I had not run out of tungsten powder, I could have done a little more trial and error to find the ideal balance, after calling all the local shops and none having tungsten or lead powder I remembered an old Tutelman post where he mentioned 50/50 lead solder--long story short I was able to mold a 40 gram weight that sits at the hosel inside the shaft and makes it feel right for me with the grip I had available on hand. Heck its my temp putter and something I use in my home office while on conference calls.

All of that said, no way I was going to jack up my nice mFGP2--I sent that puppy to SeeMore to be done right :) The mod is 40 bucks plus 10 shipping

Sending my mFGP2 CS to SeeMore for counter-balance today. Can't wait to get it back. You could say I'm a tad excited.

So, I've begun writing this one, quite eager to get it finished up.

Also, I'm just about to drop off my mFGP2 PR, m9 PR, and z2c Tour Limited for counterbalancing along with another putter that has a different future ahead of it. :alien:

What are you up to?

So, I've begun writing this one, quite eager to get it finished up.

Also, I'm just about to drop off my mFGP2 PR, m9 PR, and z2c Tour Limited for counterbalancing along with another putter that has a different future ahead of it. :alien:
I think that might be a little something commonly referred to as foreshadowing :) I look forward to the full write up!

What are you up to?

Just getting some putter heads counterbalanced.

Oh, you mean the other putter. That's nothing, nothing at all. :alien:

I think that might be a little something commonly referred to as foreshadowing :) I look forward to the full write up!

Meh. I think the blow up of this and the other SeeMore counterbalanced thread is what is foreshadowing, its quite amazing to me to see to be honest.

Well guess what showed up on my door step Friday afternoon... My new CB X4 37 1/2" SeeMore putter. This Beautiful looking stick is LONG, compared to that little old 33" X4 I rolled two days ago. Did some downstairs carpet putting just to get a feel and it felt great , but I just had to wait to get it to the course today to really get a feel. I was in a local four person at my home course at 11 so thought I would go out early and roll some putt's and see if this thing will work. It took some getting used to standing more upright and being more centered ( at least it felt like it) but after a few strokes I really started to like the concept. I noticed a huge difference in weight of the head from mid high on the grip to low middle on the grip , at the choke down the head felt like it was light as a feather. Getting the speed down seemed to be the hardest thing at first, but it just felt great and I just kept rolling putts to get it down as fast as I could before the tourney. I put it in play and it just felt like I had been playing with it all year , it was amaziningly comfortable my aiming logo on putts were just rolling so true, sunk a couple big putts for us at critical times so that felt good for a new stick, it will be staying in my bag, will try to snap a picture soon. Great job again Seemore great creative minds and great customer service!

RogT

Put up 27 putts yesterday with the PCB counterbalance in the bag. Didn't hit a tons of greens, but I believe 6 of my 1 putts were from 15 feet and out including a 40 foot bomb to save par in front of the greens cooler. That was fun.

There is just SO much to this IMO, my stroke just feels so much more balanced and fluid from start to finish. Going to be writing this one today and tomorrow, quite eager to get after it.

Put up 27 putts yesterday with the PCB counterbalance in the bag. Didn't hit a tons of greens, but I believe 6 of my 1 putts were from 15 feet and out including a 40 foot bomb to save par in front of the greens cooler. That was fun.

There is just SO much to this IMO, my stroke just feels so much more balanced and fluid from start to finish. Going to be writing this one today and tomorrow, quite eager to get after it.

With my DIY FGP mallet counterbalance I had my all time low of 27 putts as well, Closest ever was 30 before this. Did have one chip in, but 7 one putts--another first for me. Can't wait until my mFGP2 gets back from SeeMore--I do miss that little extra feel on the SS model.

Another outstanding day on the greens James! Really looking forward to the full review, this was something new for you but when I see you sending 4 heads in for the counterbalance treatment, nothing speaks volumes more than that!!

Another outstanding day on the greens James! Really looking forward to the full review, this was something new for you but when I see you sending 4 heads in for the counterbalance treatment, nothing speaks volumes more than that!!

For sure dude. I'm still incredibly curious about it, the results just don't lie.

Since I am such a noob at this, I am curious if you would be able to replace the grip with a Superstroke Flatso 17? I really do love the feel of a Superstroke grip but dont want to negate the benefits of a CB PCB putter.

Since I am such a noob at this, I am curious if you would be able to replace the grip with a Superstroke Flatso 17? I really do love the feel of a Superstroke grip but dont want to negate the benefits of a CB PCB putter.

You'd have to take into account the weight differences. I'm not sure the weight on the flatso but I'm pretty sure its less than the one seemore is using so the balance point would move closer to the head and feel a bit more head heavy.

Back