The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Chipotle should be in the Fowler thread. Highly overrated.
How dare you compare fowler to chipotle? Chipotle is way better. Ok back to tiger.

Some people just have to stir the turd, don't they... :D

Turd is a good word to describe Chipotle.

/Gets moved to Chipotle thread

But let's stay on topic. I heart TW.

Nothing wrong with it if you pick the right time and place. On camera in front of a few million viewers just ain't the place. It's just crude in my book.
Then you must have really been upset with Steve Stricker for slapping Dufner back there when he made the eagle on a par 4. :eyepoke:

Question, if tiger wins 5 masters in the next 10 years and breaks Jack's record is it as good as Jacks 18 over different courses?
Definitely. Majors are majors. 18 green jackets would be just as good. Jack didn't win all of his on 18 different courses.

Turd is a good word to describe Chipotle.

/Gets moved to Chipotle thread

But let's stay on topic. I heart TW.

Booyah
my3equqy.jpg

Oh. And...
y2enyja6.jpg

For good measure.

Guys we have a thread on below average mexican food. Lets keep this one about Tiger Woods. Thanks.

Guys we have a thread on below average mexican food. Lets keep this one about Tiger Woods. Thanks.

You make Tiger and I very sad, JB... Very sad.

Over/Under on TW's playoff win count?

I'm going 2 and I'll say over.

Very favorable rotation of majors for Tiger the next two years on courses he has either played well on or won -- Augusta, Pinehurst, Liverpool, St Andrews, to name a few.

Majors are majors unless you're TW at Augusta. With his B- game he top tens. He knows the course that well. I wonder if criticism will say he knew Augusta like the back of his hand. I mean he owns Bayhill, Firestone, Bridgestone, doral. These are home games of sort for him.

Majors are majors unless you're TW at Augusta. With his B- game he top tens. He knows the course that well. I wonder if criticism will say he knew Augusta like the back of his hand. I mean he owns Bayhill, Firestone, Bridgestone, doral. These are home games of sort for him.

No way. Pure speculation based on some thoughts now about his amazing performance at repeat victory courses and near complete lack of control almost anywhere else. Is TW really the figure that should be made the martyr? Outside of your question, I have never heard anybody ever say that Tiger Woods winning the Masters would not "count" the same.

No way. Pure speculation based on some thoughts now about his amazing performance at repeat victory courses and near complete lack of control almost anywhere else. Is TW really the figure that should be made the martyr? Outside of your question, I have never heard anybody ever say that Tiger Woods winning the Masters would not "count" the same.

Trust me that question was all mine. I am just thinking down the road and looking at the new Tiger. The old TW could win on any course at anytime. The new Tiger that we have seen since his fall form the top spot has a much higher winning percentage on courses he knows.

I was just wondering if down the road there is always a BUT, thrown into the debate that he could only get it done on familiar courses, like Augusta, Bayhill, Firestone. I'll even throw in St. Andrews as a site he could capture another major. Do I believe this personally, no. But I can see this debate coming up in the furture if he passes Jack without winning Majors like the old Tiger.

I honestly dont think people would think that. I wrote a few pages back that I fully expect him to win the Masters next year for that very reason, but it surely wont take away from the win. I also fully expect him after that win to fall flat at the US Open. It still will not take away from that Masters win.

Yea I'm not sure anyone can successfully use Agusta in an argument along with Bay Hill or Firestone. But I can see why you raised the question. The people that hate Tiger go above and beyond to belittle anything he's done just so in their minds he's not even close to Jack

His fall from the top spot? Last time I checked he had 5 wins and was #1 in the world.
Trust me that question was all mine. I am just thinking down the road and looking at the new Tiger. The old TW could win on any course at anytime. The new Tiger that we have seen since his fall form the top spot has a much higher winning percentage on courses he knows.

I was just wondering if down the road there is always a BUT, thrown into the debate that he could only get it done on familiar courses, like Augusta, Bayhill, Firestone. I'll even throw in St. Andrews as a site he could capture another major. Do I believe this personally, no. But I can see this debate coming up in the furture if he passes Jack without winning Majors like the old Tiger.

His fall from the top spot? Last time I checked he had 5 wins and was #1 in the world.

Remember when he took two years off and FELL from the top spot? Hes not the same since hes returned. Still the best, but he wouldnt beat the Tiger of old.

Today's TW is nowhere near what he used to be. And what good is the world ranking when Rory is still #3?

Yeah true you would think Rory would be far back instead of that high. And yes I do agree with you that Tiger is not like what he was pre 2009.
Today's TW is nowhere near what he used to be. And what good is the world ranking when Rory is still #3?

I honestly dont think people would think that. I wrote a few pages back that I fully expect him to win the Masters next year for that very reason, but it surely wont take away from the win. I also fully expect him after that win to fall flat at the US Open. It still will not take away from that Masters win.
Yeah I saw your post and I agree 100% so much so I'll put a small wager on it while we are in sin city. I was just think out loud with my post, wnat to get some banter going.

Yea I'm not sure anyone can successfully use Agusta in an argument along with Bay Hill or Firestone. But I can see why you raised the question. The people that hate Tiger go above and beyond to belittle anything he's done just so in their minds he's not even close to Jack
This was my thought when I posted it, not my feelings but just trying to get some dialog going

He fell to 50 in the world maybe lower at one point. Yes he has regained the top spot, which I predicted in this thread a while Rory was killing everything that moved.

Remember when he took two years off and FELL from the top spot? Hes not the same since hes returned. Still the best, but he wouldnt beat the Tiger of old.
Bingo, when he is on it's hard to catch him but his bad is so bad now.

The people who love him unconditionally like he's their brother or BFF are the other extreme. They complain when someone says anything bad about the guy, even if it's true, and (and this is just my opinion here) act like the only person who MIGHT be better than Tiger is God himself. And that is probably up for debate for many of them. Again, just an opinion.

Last time they played at Pinehurst he played pretty well there. Stupid Michael Campbell, who are you anyway?

Maybe he'll have the big stick figured out by then?

Back