Backyard Putting Green

Vegan702

Reaction score
Handicap
Exploding
After having gone through different scenarios to complete our backyard, I settled on a putting green to finish it off. I went with Synlawn with the same putting surface and surrounding turf as found in Dave Pelzs backyard as he is apparently in partnership with them. Size of the green is 15ft wide x 22ft long, with 4 hole locations, and a couple pretty good breaks for the size of the green. Turf in front can be used to chip off and the depression on the right side can be filled in with sand to make a bunker. I haven't decided if I am going to fill it in yet, my greenside bunker skills are pretty good, so it probably wouldn't get much use.

Wow. I hate you.

Mind sharing cost?

Nice man. Love seeing backyard greens. One reason I wish I lived in the desert. So now you should never, ever 3 putt right? :act-up:

One of the items I must have when the wife and I purchase our next house. How good does it roll?

Beyond jealous that looks awesome

that is some nice backyard

hope the dog wont do any business on the green!! :poop: I bet mine would

Completely awesome

PUTTING COMPETITION AT VEGANS HOUSE!!!

We will be over the end of of September!

I guess breaking out the cost for the green itself would be around $2500, we had more turf installed that you can't see on the otherside, ended up around 1200sf of turf and putting green. Right now it rolls really slow. They have to come back out and speed it up, they forgot to bring the sand to top dress the green for speed, right now probably a 8 on stimp, will be increasing it to 10 to keep it consistent with my home course.

Neat. Thanks for posting that. One of these days.

Wow, very very cool. Jealous!

I'm in the hater group! This and a optishot in an out building in my back yard, I would be in heaven!

Very cool!

I guess breaking out the cost for the green itself would be around $2500, we had more turf installed that you can't see on the otherside, ended up around 1200sf of turf and putting green. Right now it rolls really slow. They have to come back out and speed it up, they forgot to bring the sand to top dress the green for speed, right now probably a 8 on stimp, will be increasing it to 10 to keep it consistent with my home course.

Holy cow! That's a lot less than I would have guessed.

Holy cow! That's a lot less than I would have guessed.

The green is less $ psf then the turf, having the green there saved me $500. Easy sell to the wife :)

Thats one of the best backyard setups I've ever seen, putting green and a hot tub, what more could you need?

Thats one of the best backyard setups I've ever seen, putting green and a hot tub, what more could you need?

Bah....amateur hour. He doesn't have a yellow line painted around the hot tub. ;)

Yeah, I don't know if this is possible in Michigan, but I want! Super jealous man.

Very nice!

That is too cool. Good thing I'm not your neighbor, you would get real sick of my daily visits!

Back