Things That Irritate You On the Course?

Having people that are no good themselves think they can fix everything about my game even though I beat them on a consistent basis.

People not repairing ball marks

People having an attitude against beginners on the course Everyone needs to start somewhere and I feel like many people forget how it was when they started.

Music on the course even if it is low if the course is tight chances are someone else can hear it. The range I understand but not on the course

I hate losing playable balls in the rough. We're not professionals, lets keep the rough at a manageable length.

I hate losing playable balls in the rough. We're not professionals, lets keep the rough at a manageable length.

Oh man I hate that!!!

White belts. Flat bill hats. Iron Covers.

You would really hate my white flat bill hat and matching white belt

Nah. I love seeing what golf costumes people show up in, actually.

I'm with you on all of those except white belts. belt gotta match the shoes, c'mon! :)

White belts. Flat bill hats. Iron Covers.

Nah. I love seeing what golf costumes people show up in, actually.

Me too!

Pink shirt, blue shorts, white belt, white shoes and white hat, the other day.

I was stylin'!

I think this thread shows how important the mental game is. We complain about a lot of things that we say make us play worse that shouldn't. Noises, where people stand or walk, what people say, slow play. Golf is one of the only sports where things have to be just-so or it messes us up. I have to laugh at myself sometimes when I flub and shot and immediately try to find something to blame other than myself.

People that are in a rush during a scramble. The last one we played, we got to our tee box a few minutes before start time and the group on the hole behind us had already played it and were at our tee box. We just let them go through. Is there a special prize for getting done first that no one told me about?

Smokers, chewers and seed spitters.

I think this thread shows how important the mental game is. We complain about a lot of things that we say make us play worse that shouldn't. Noises, where people stand or walk, what people say, slow play. Golf is one of the only sports where things have to be just-so or it messes us up. I have to laugh at myself sometimes when I flub and shot and immediately try to find something to blame other than myself.

I am annoyed by people who act like noise somehow makes it impossible to swing a golf club at a stationary ball.

Maybe it is because people are actively trying to impede my view of an object traveling at high-speed, an object that I am trying to stop, when I play hockey.

Add in a little bumping, stick-lifting, and getting run-over at full-speed, and the sympathy meter isn't going to high over here......

Yes! what is the deal with iron covers. They drive me nuts.

How in the world someone else's iron covers can drive you nuts is beyond me. Look the other way? Or is someone sticking them on your clubs when you're not looking?

I am annoyed by people who act like noise somehow makes it impossible to swing a golf club at a stationary ball.

Maybe it is because people are actively trying to impede my view of an object traveling at high-speed, an object that I am trying to stop, when I play hockey.

Add in a little bumping, stick-lifting, and getting run-over at full-speed, and the sympathy meter isn't going to high over here......

Yeah I hear this one. My father can only play golf in a cone of silence apparently, it's kind of laughable.

Playing with someone who doesn't stop talking the whole round about not knowing what is going on, and not knowing what they're doing wrong or different than usual, when on average they shoot around 110.

Slow effing play

People who don't let you play through

Unfixed pitch marks

Slow effing play

People who can't walk on a green with out tearing it up

People who don't play ready golf

Yes! what is the deal with iron covers. They drive me nuts.

I don't mind people using them. I tried when I got my first brand new set, but ditched them after a few rounds.

How in the world someone else's iron covers can drive you nuts is beyond me. Look the other way? Or is someone sticking them on your clubs when you're not looking?

Yeah I hear this one. My father can only play golf in a cone of silence apparently, it's kind of laughable.

Sorry. More of an inside joke. We had a guy that occasionally played in our group. He was always losing them. We were always looking for them. That part got annoying.

Littered T boxes drive me nuts. I mean how hard is it to pick up your broken tee?

Playing with someone who doesn't stop talking the whole round about not knowing what is going on, and not knowing what they're doing wrong or different than usual, when on average they shoot around 110.

Rereading this I realize it sounds a little mean. I was basically describing my brother. He literally doesn't stop talking the whole round about it. I'd like he thinks he's a scratch golfer, but if I try to help him he doesn't listen.

Sorry. More of an inside joke. We had a guy that occasionally played in our group. He was always losing them. We were always looking for them. That part got annoying.
Ahh. Totally understood lol.

My things with iron covers is that I find it riduculous that someone is trying to keep their irons in pristine condition even though their job is to hit hard objects off of dirt, grass and sand. They are tools, not museum pieces. They are going to get dinged up, etc. It happens.

Secondly, and this is painting with a broad brush, I rarely see scratch players using iron covers. It is more the hacker who wants it to look like he has a game, not the person who really does. Not everyone, but certainly some.

And, it slows up play waiting for someone to take on, pull off and find their iron covers. Fishing in their cart's basket after the hole is over, parked greenside looking for the cover when there are people behind them waiting to hit.

It's just an annoyance to me, your pet peeves may be different.

Back