Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of those huh?

#hipstertoddler

I picked up a couple Spigen cases for the S4, they came in last night. I'm using the Neo Hybrid now, but bought the Armor Lite as well. I really like the low profile of the hybrid, but it seems like it will offer a good amount of protection as well.

I also picked up the Neo Hybrid for my wife's Iphone as well, I like it for that phone as well.

I have the Neo Hybrid as well, it's pretty sweet. I bet it would be good on an iPhone.

Nexus 7. Not sure why, but the new one looks greatly improved and at 7" it would fit perfectly between the One X and MBP 13".

Nexus 7. Not sure why, but the new one looks greatly improved and at 7" it would fit perfectly between the One X and MBP 13".

I love mine, bigger than my phone but not so big that its cumbersome

Tivo Roamio just arrived. Good lord this thing is lightning fast.

Tivo Roamio just arrived. Good lord this thing is lightning fast.

That's good to hear. The sluggishness of the premiere is a nuisance.

The new Roamio Tivo is fantastic. 6 tuners, blazing fast and has some cool features.
One little feature that is neat (although not necessary), you press a button on the front of the box and the remote plays a Tivo tone. So if you cannot find your remote, it tells you where it is.

I gotta say, of all the features youve mentioned, that is by far the best abd works be the most useful for me.

Its a neat little feature. The Roamio is the most complete DVR I have seen to date (to be fair, its the newest also being that it came out just this week) and the best part is that it costs us less per month than the one from the cable company. Its like DVR, meets Slingbox, meets media streaming device, meets cable box and all with the ability to be expandable. Absolutely love it. That of course goes along with the best Season Pass Manager there is and the Tivo suggestions that works incredibly well.

There are drawbacks for some, but man am I glad we made the switch.

I've seen a couple of you have chromecast, any short reviews or quick thoughts?

They don't sell it here, but really tempted to get one, sick of using a chord.

I've seen a couple of you have chromecast, any short reviews or quick thoughts?

They don't sell it here, but really tempted to get one, sick of using a chord.

I am liking it. It's a simple product, that does a ton, and has a good amount of upside.

Being able to stream media from one tab, and browser surf on another is pretty impressive. I use Amazon Prime for video streaming, and it works flawlessly.

The thing I like best about it is this; For $35 you get wireless monitor mirroring. Entire desktop can be cast to your tv wirelessly through the Chromecast, not just the browser.

The new Roamio Tivo is fantastic. 6 tuners, blazing fast and has some cool features.
One little feature that is neat (although not necessary), you press a button on the front of the box and the remote plays a Tivo tone. So if you cannot find your remote, it tells you where it is.
Small, but a very useful feature, especially in our house when the kids hide the remote!

I am liking it. It's a simple product, that does a ton, and has a good amount of upside.

Being able to stream media from one tab, and browser surf on another is pretty impressive. I use Amazon Prime for video streaming, and it works flawlessly.

The thing I like best about it is this; For $35 you get wireless monitor mirroring. Entire desktop can be cast to your tv wirelessly through the Chromecast, not just the browser.

Thanks War. For the price, sounds worth it.

Thanks War. For the price, sounds worth it.
It definitely is.

From what I have read, there is a ton of plans for it and apps are working to be compatible with it. Will be nice when those are released, but even without them, it is a simple device that does what it does very well.

It definitely is.

From what I have read, there is a ton of plans for it and apps are working to be compatible with it. Will be nice when those are released, but even without them, it is a simple device that does what it does very well.

i love that you love it.
i should pick one up. streaming from one tab and still browsing in another BLOWS MY MIND!
all i do is watch tv and surf the web at the same time. yep, i'm that good.
whitney isn't sure how i do it, but i do it.

i love that you love it.
i should pick one up. streaming from one tab and still browsing in another BLOWS MY MIND!
all i do is watch tv and surf the web at the same time. yep, i'm that good.
whitney isn't sure how i do it, but i do it.
You are talented. So. Incredibly. Talented.

Sound bars. Getting one for our loft redo. I have a 32" Vizo LED and the sound is terrible. So I'm looking to put a sound bar with it. Anyone have an experience with them? The tv is on a swing arm so it can be seen from any part of the room. But the sound bar, I assume, will be on the wall. What sort of side to side projection will one give me? Looking at one with a sub as well. Thoughts?

We have one for our front PJ. Its a Sony system with the sub. It works rather well.

War,
Does your Chromecast unit pick up the Boxee?

War,
Does your Chromecast unit pick up the Boxee?
Havent tried to do that with the Chromecast yet. I do not think it would though.

Havent tried to do that with the Chromecast yet. I do not think it would though.

Gotcha. Thanks. So it wont pick up any content you have saved from other sources, just the few that ChromeCast delivers from right?

One more question. Our setup right now has devices in the living room. We have our TV, router, DVR and of course our WDTV Live Hub device. We want to be able to wirelessly stream that to the bedroom tv. I would assume a smart TV with WiFi would do this correct? Or would we be better off with adding another media streaming device to pick up the first one? Do they even do that?

Our DVR material is already in all rooms, but our TV Hub that houses hundreds of hours of TV and movies is what we want to move from room to room.

I used to love my Directv DVR when it was a Tivo...when they did their own they screwed it up....now that I am with Dish, there's is okay....really wish Uverse was available where I live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back