I wouldn't play golf if _______ (fill in the blank)

Year round golf is possible here if you can man up for those conditions! Just layer up, put on some rain gear and go.

That's why I don't live there. I play year round, and I don't have to man up or layer up.

I wouldn't play golf if my wife was down for some fun if I stayed home :D

But pretty much bad weather and illness would be about it. I absolutely love early morning rounds; earlier the better. Prolly cuz I have kids now and am so busy. When I play alone I go off at 5:45 am.

I wouldn't play of the weather forecast showed heavy rain and/or wind gusting more than 30, anything else at the home course and I'm in.
Paying to be somewhere else - I try to keep to one foreign outing a month unless getting a great deal so would turn down if it was a pricey one.

On times, I'm out before 7am 3 or 4 times a week, can get 9 holes with 2 balls before work or 18 at the weekend and be home before 10 to take on the rest of the day with family so don't miss out on golf or family, willing to get up to have that luxury.

Liar, you were half zombie yesterday at 6:30 :D

That's b/c fricken Aldeen kicked my rear the day before....and I still skulled em around enough to break 80.... haha. I think I'm still mentally and physically exhausted from Aldeen.

I won't play golf below 50 degrees (although I've played in colder on two other occasions). I won't play golf if.......ok, you know what, I'll pretty much play golf every chance I get.

~Rock

I wouldn't play if someone proposed teeing off after 930 in the Summertime. Arizona high desert almost demands early tee times.

Also, I'd be disinclined to play if it's raining as we tee off. Getting caught in the rain is one thing, trying to act motivated walking out into the rain is another. I pay to play, not the other way around, so I can be a little bit choosey about when and how I do it.

That's why I don't live there. I play year round, and I don't have to man up or layer up.

Fair enough. I hate the heat/humidity though, so I wouldn't like playing in the summer down where you're at any more than playing in the winter up here. No perfect golf weather year round unless you're in San Diego or Hawaii, unfortunately!

I love playing golf first thing in the morning but to keep being able to afford it (darn those kids) - I'm stuck in the blistering heat in the afternoon and summers.

otherwise i wouldn't play golf if i slept wrong on my mattress and kinked my shoulder/neck ;-)

For me, it will always come down to being able to afford it. I will never sacrifice family life and my future for a round of golf.
Exactly what I was going to say.

If it ever comes to a point I can't afford even the cheapest course, I'm out.

But I'd tee of at 5:30 if there was enough light; just sayin'.

I wouldn't play if it's raining before I start my round but I'll play if it looks like rain is moving into the area soon in the hopes that others won't be heading to the course. More often than not, it's pretty dead if it looks like it could rain within the hour.

I also played my first real early round on Saturday. I had a wedding to attend that afternoon so I was up and on the first tee at 7am. I won't do that again. Way too much fog still in the air on my local course at that time. I could only track the ball flight for about 100 yards and then I'd just have to scan the ground in the distance hoping I could see it land. I learned quickly that I better wait until about 8:30 before heading out.

I wouldn't play golf if I had the runs. :act-up:

I'd have to be very ill not to play.

FWIW if you're going to have kids, you better become a morning person sooner than later
I actually enjoy those early times, my regular saturday group tees off around 7 and I'm usually home around 1030, I still have the rest of the day with the kids and got a round of golf in!!! Double bonus!!!

Crazy morning people... I have a kid, and I still hate morning. I played at 7:25 two weeks ago, and it took till the 3rd hole to realize I was actually on the course. Plus the ground is very wet that early.
...it's just not right.

It's a sunny day, forgot my hat and sunscreen and the proshop didn't sell either. Nothing worse than a burned dome.

I play alone a lot and so love when I get a chance to play with company. A buddy asked me if I wanted to play the other day and I said sure, then he said he is on the tee box at 6:45am. I politely said no thanks. I ain't a morning person by any stretch of the imagination. It takes me a good 2-3 hours after waking up to even feel like I am awake. I have a feeling if I played that early my muscles would never warm up and I'd lose a ton of balls and make a bunch of bad swings.

At any rate I wouldn't play golf if it required me to tee off before 10am. Maybe when I have kids or something and that's my only opportunity to play at all will I maybe reconsider, but even then I'm not convinced.

Funny - I am the exact opposite. I LOVE being out there early, getting done before noon, then being able to come home and do something with the family. Makes me feel like I am not robbing them of time when I play that way. That said, i do enjoy a twi-light round at times as well!
Like JB said, at times it comes down to money. I love golf, and have played through nagging injuries, etc because I just miss being out there - but I can't sacrifice family and the futore for it.

Golf in all but the lightest of rain doesn't really interest me. Golf in temps below 40-degrees doesn't really interest me. Golf in the rain and temps below 40-degrees for sure doesn't interest me.

I love golf, but I have no interest in being miserable while playing it.

Unless it is for special occasions, I will not play golf during a Husker game.

Although last year I played during one, and this year is looking like I'll be playing during the Purdue game.

Unless it is for special occasions, I will not play golf during a Husker game.

Although last year I played during one, and this year is looking like I'll be playing during the Purdue game.

I hope you played during the Big Ten Championship game. There wasn't anything for you to watch. Sorry, too easy.

I hope you played during the Big Ten Championship game. There wasn't anything for you to watch. Sorry, too easy.

Up until the second quarter it was a pretty good game, haha. Gotta look at the bright side right?

There are a few things that would keep me from playing:
1) If it's under 40*
2) If there is a sustained wind of over 30 mph and gust higher than that...it would have to be a NICE course, not just a bunch of buddies out for fun.
3) If it's POURING down rain. I don't mind playing in the rain, but I don't want to take a shower...while playing golf.
4) If all of the costs for a round of golf got really expensive.
5) If I have any family plans...family 1st

there's nothing better than teeing off at 6:30am, IMHO.

i wouldn't play golf if.... i was dead.

I wouldn't play if it was raining hard before I start the round

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

If I were dead. I would still try

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Back