How many prefer walking over riding?

Depending on the course, I don't mind walking. I didn't enjoy walking Colbert Hills back in the day, but all of the course around where I live now are no big deal to me for a walking round.

I prefer to walk when I can for a few reasons. I like not always having to go to the other person's ball (when in a cart). When I am walking, I go straight to my ball, and have more time to think about my next shot, or just enjoy my surroundings. I also enjoy the added exercise. I will ride a cart though if I am the only one in the group walking.

The ultimate is walking with a caddie though. I've done it a few times, and it is great to be able to walk the course without lugging the bag around. I also caddied in the summers in high school as a summer job, so I've walked my fair share of rounds (much more fun playing then caddying!).

In the two and a bit years I have being playing I have never sat in a cart yet

Always walk over here in the Uk with my carry bag not a trolley , only times I have ever used a cart was in Florida with Ranger junior and the wife and daughter as it was damned hot

I find the heat and humidity contribute to struggling later in the round during the summer. I perspire more than average so I find it impossible to stay hydrated when walking.

I prefer the experience of walking over riding, but I also prefer lower scores and not wearing myself out for the entire day.

In the winter I always walk unless I'm traveling or playing with riders, so not very often

I prefer to walk, only time I really ride is if its included in the price or if its over 95 degrees. I hate the heat, otherwise i'd drop dead lol. I seem to play better when I walk, think i'm more focused.

I know this may sound kind of counter-intuitive, but I have back and hip pain and I typically enjoy walking pushing a cart more than riding. I find that riding in the cart never really allows me to stay loose and relaxed, where walking keeps the joints loose for the most part and I play a lot better.

I actually would prefer to walk, but summer, and half the rest of the time, in Georgia is brutal, and my course is very hilly. And I am certainly not built to be trudging around, up, and down, hills for 5 hours in 100º heat. (Although it would probably do me some good.) I try to walk when it's feasible, though. I've been known to make it to the back side before completely hitting a wall and stopping to rest for a while. It's HAWT here.

The humidity down here works me over good. I have to carry 5 or 6 gloves to change out during a round.

I would prefer to walk (for the exercise, that's what I tell my wife) but in July and August no way. I usually play and score better when I walk or at least think I do.

995 of my first 1000 rounds were walking. I prefer walking when it's not hot or I haven't already been on my bike for 20+ miles that day. I don't play in the winter so that means I will walk about 20 rounds this year and ride about 40. I do tend to shoot a stroke or two better when I walk.

When I do get to play, Im usually with my dad or my FIL and playing with their friends. All of whom cant really walk 18. In fact one of my FIL's friends gets a flag for his cart so he can pull up next to the green or tee box. I havent really walked a course in ages so I probably have passed the point where it matters to me one way or another.

I prefer to walk, lets me have ample time to focus on my next shot and what I want to do with it.

I still prefer walking.. Many of my regular playing partners don't really get it, but I love getting out on course and exercising while playing.

I worry about the day my body can't handle the bag on my back for 18 holes. It is just such a good therapy for me.

I think you'll be good for awhile. If I can carry at 33, you ought to be good for at least 20-30 years haha.

Walking is the only way to play. You see so much more

Walking is the only way to play. You see so much more

I like that the game can get a bit more personal. Working through shots, allowing your body to accept the highs and lows of good and bad shots... Not having to put on a happy face between shots.

It's a great mix.

Sometimes I like to get that serious face the curly headed kid on the Titleist commercial has. Performance is INTENSITY.

honestly in the FL heat walking is out of the question some days.

I really like walking as well. It's nice to hop on a cart every now and again but to me it's better to walk.

I have time to cool off after bad shots, I can just enjoy the day, clear my head, and I can feel more connected to my game and what I want to accomplish.

Grass roots Thp event for walkers. :D

Started walking again this year and love it. But right now it's just too danged hot. 95° with this humidity.... Sheesh
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Grass roots Thp event for walkers. :D

Started walking again this year and love it. But right now it's just too danged hot. 95° with this humidity.... Sheesh
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, that's the major downfall, when it's crazy hot.. It was stupid muggy in Ohio yesterday.. I was alright walking, but my glove was soaked by the 10th hole.

For me walking is when play better. The alone time as stated by Jman and Hawk is great for flushing the day to day stressed. But I also find that I can enter and exit the mental side of golf much better. It also give me time to analyze the next shot. Get a good read of the green as I walk up. Riding seems to be more hectic for my simple mind.

Walking is the only way to go. I play so much better walking.........

I like that the game can get a bit more personal. Working through shots, allowing your body to accept the highs and lows of good and bad shots... Not having to put on a happy face between shots.

It's a great mix.

It also allows you to do things like chat to people about non golf subjects. Allows for time to eat between shots, i felt during the MC i was rushing my food during rounds.

Walking is for me

The first hole is always the toughest here early, hole #1 faces directly into the sun as it comes up. We tried the back nine first a while back and #11 does the same, lol. I prefer playing with someone else, but alone is still nice, so quiet and peaceful.

Yeah, that's the major downfall, when it's crazy hot.. It was stupid muggy in Ohio yesterday.. I was alright walking, but my glove was soaked by the 10th hole.

I like to walk 9, but prefer to ride 18 or anytime you drip sweat from just standing in one spot. What part of Ohio? I'm south of CLE.

Back