Bobby Bowden Retiring Tomorrow

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We got official word that this will happen tomorrow. Whatever your thoughts are about FSU, Bowden is a true legend. Going off memory alone he has the 14 year stretch ranked in the top 4. Something that is simply amazing in the NCAA.

Bobby, you will be missed.

I grew up hating FSU and still pretty much do, however I really appreciate the great coach that Bobby Bowden is. I love listening to him talk about the team and he always gives great interviews, even when being badgered while he's running into the tunnel at half time!

I will miss him as a coach even if its for a team I hate!!

Legends like this can never be replaced. Just being on the side line made it hard for anyone across the field. I never bet against him! Class act right there, even if he did talk funny.

One of the greatest.

A great coach. He will be greatly missed. Those will be some very big shoes to fill for whoever replaces him.

• Admin
A great coach. He will be greatly missed. Those will be some very big shoes to fill for whoever replaces him.

Jimbo Fisher

I grew up hating FSU and still pretty much do, however I really appreciate the great coach that Bobby Bowden is. I love listening to him talk about the team and he always gives great interviews, even when being badgered while he's running into the tunnel at half time!

+1 Putt. I think his stats are a little inflated with all the wins he got at Howard (don't believe it was D-1 when he was there) but he is an icon. Now the other shoe has to drop soon.....when will JoePa retire now knowing he's #1?

• Admin
+1 Putt. I think his stats are a little inflated with all the wins he got at Howard (don't believe it was D-1 when he was there) but he is an icon. Now the other shoe has to drop soon.....when will JoePa retire now knowing he's #1?

I believe you are right. However 14 years in the top 4 is something that will most likely NEVER be done again. Two go on that kind of run for that long is simply incredible.

I believe you are right. However 14 years in the top 4 is something that will most likely NEVER be done again. Two go on that kind of run for that long is simply incredible.

Agreed JB. That is a 'record' that may never be touched. That's a product of a Top 5 recruiting class for almost 2 decades! There's too many good schools out there now so the recruiting talent gets spread out more and when you factor in the constant coaching changes it's something that we may never see again.

Sad to see him go.

If Urban Meyer decides to stay in the college arena, and manages to keep the U of Felons, I mean Florida out of prison or NCAA trouble, he could pull off a similar run.

No way. It will never happen again. Too diverse a game now. Meyer has not even done it for 4 years straight. He already had the off year.

Back