NASCAR 2013 Season Threads

Wow NASCAR did it. Truex is out Newman in

All 3 MWR teams fined $300k (so $900k total for the organization), all teams docked 50 points before the Chase reshuffle. Bowyer gets to stay in the Chase.

I think that all of those teams should have not been allowed to race this weekend, that would have been more of a penalty than this.

I agree with racing this weekend. But, NASCAR did drop the hammer. Hopefully this sent a message.

I think it was sufficient. But in my eyes, it wasn't enough.

I think it was sufficient. But in my eyes, it wasn't enough.

Ummmm? How can you think it both ways JT? Isn't it one or the other?

Ummmm? How can you think it both ways JT? Isn't it one or the other?

It was enough to say, "Well, at least they got a good sized penalty where they are hurting." But for me, I don't think it was severe enough. Make sense?

It was enough to say, "Well, at least they got a good sized penalty where they are hurting." But for me, I don't think it was severe enough. Make sense?

THAT makes sense. But saying it was sufficient but not enough didn't make sense!

Yeah, 900,000 for a NASCAR team is really a drop in the bucket. They probably spend that on Tires every month.

It's doesn't make sense, but I understand

Yeah, 900,000 for a NASCAR team is really a drop in the bucket. They probably spend that on Tires every month.

Actually, that's a really large chunk of cash.

Actually, that's a really large chunk of cash.
Yeah, but any type of racing has piles of that stuff laying around. Expecialy NASCAR. It's alot of money but I dought they go bankrupt over it.

Just when I thought I was happy with the decision..... Mike Helton utters the words " we did not have conclusive evidence Bowyer spun on his own". Really? What could make it anymore clear?? Does he need to add some smoke and make it look like he is doing a burn out after a victory.... Still think it ridiculous that you kick out the guy who benefits from the spin but don't really do anything to effect the guy who caused all of this in terms of the Chase. What's the over/under on how long it takes the 24 to wreck any of the MWR cars?

Anyways, who do you all lime for the Chase??

Just when I thought I was happy with the decision..... Mike Helton utters the words " we did not have conclusive evidence Bowyer spun on his own". Really? What could make it anymore clear?? Does he need to add some smoke and make it look like he is doing a burn out after a victory.... Still think it ridiculous that you kick out the guy who benefits from the spin but don't really do anything to effect the guy who caused all of this in terms of the Chase. What's the over/under on how long it takes the 24 to wreck any of the MWR cars?

Anyways, who do you all lime for the Chase??

Kyle Busch runs away with it. Or Kenseth. JGR for sure.

I'm in the Kyle Bush boat!

Nascar adds JG as 13th Chase driver. Why. I think they're trying too hard to make everyone happy.

Ive lost just about all respect for NASCAR these past couple days.

Nascar adds JG as 13th Chase driver. Why. I think they're trying too hard to make everyone happy.

Because not one now, but 3 teams cheated the system (or abused it might be a better choice of words). The recent revelations about Penske and Front Row they are basically resetting the field to what it was before the caution. They should kick Bowyer out for causing it all (wont happen as he had a good season).

I can't believe Kyle "the douchenozzle" Busch wasn't involved.
I might have missed it, but I didn't see Mikey W. getting too upset about it all on Twitter. I would have thought he'd be pretty contrite and apologetic.

I can't believe Kyle "the douchenozzle" Busch wasn't involved.
I might have missed it, but I didn't see Mikey W. getting too upset about it all on Twitter. I would have thought he'd be pretty contrite and apologetic.

He was. He passed blame onto Ty Norris (who was suspended) and said that he stood by him. Clint Bowyer was mostly the one who said "I'm sorry, but I did do it wrong." without saying it.

Back