Voice Caddie 3 (VC300) - THP Review

You said it goes to the next hole automatically. There's a couple holes around here where the tee box for the next hole is a fair distance away from the current green.

So, say I'm on 1, the 2nd tee box will be to the side, maybe 80 yards short of the 1st green. So I might walk over and leave my bag, or even shank a shot and have to hit from near the 2nd tee. I'm wondering if it would switch to the 2nd hole, while I'm still on the first hole, and might even want a distance for my shot. I'm sure this is as clear as mud.

Because of the....ahem..."path" that I may or may not have taken a cart the other day going to the green of the 11th hole at my course which it right next to the 15th tee box it actually switched and switched back to the proper hole.

Because of the....ahem..."path" that I may or may not have taken a cart the other day going to the green of the 11th hole at my course which it right next to the 15th tee box it actually switched and switched back to the proper hole.

Nothing wrong with a little "detour"... Thanks!

That's good because the 'paths' i usually take to get to certain fairways/greens are not always as the designer or I intended.... :)

Great initial thoughts Jman

JB is gonna make someone happy happy

So, I really am digging this. Yesterday was a reaffirmation of the previous two rounds as far as getting the numbers and its accuracy goes.

Also messed with the tracking a little from the tee, pretty cool and much like the green distances when I used my laser back to the tee marker it was pretty accurate.

Haven't tinkered with the tempo yet though, thats on the plate tonight, I'm eager to see just how it works!

Voice Caddie 3 (VC300) - THP Review

The tempo?

Ok, just saw on page 1 about swing tempo help. How the heck does it do this?!

Hey Jman, I'm curious how it handles shots from the wrong fairway. If it knows to give distance for the current hole, or if it switches to the hole that matches the fairway. If you get a chance to test that out, that'd be sweet.

(I ask because it wasn't clear earlier when you talked about your detour if it only switches holes when you approach a teebox)

Hey Jman, I'm curious how it handles shots from the wrong fairway. If it knows to give distance for the current hole, or if it switches to the hole that matches the fairway. If you get a chance to test that out, that'd be sweet.

(I ask because it wasn't clear earlier when you talked about your detour if it only switches holes when you approach a teebox)

It actually changes when you get to a teebox, otherwise it stays on the correct hole, or at least has done so for me so far.

Nate, didn't get to mess with the tempo yesterday dude, I'll be on it ASAP, accidentally left it at home.

Nate, didn't get to mess with the tempo yesterday dude, I'll be on it ASAP, accidentally left it at home.

Look forward to your thoughts on that! Sounds like a great little feature there

Well, color me impressed so far.

Got two rounds with the VC300 this past week. Definitely have a few thoughts.

1) Battery claims 8 hours, I played exactly 8 hours (2 rounds, slooooooow golf, BLAH) anfd only on the 18th hole did I finally get the low battery voice message.

2) To me, its just awkward on a hat. I know its on the tol of the bill and when the hat is on you can't see it, but it still gets me a bit because its so big. Played one round on my hat and on round clipped to my belt, loved it on my belt.

3) For me, the voice is in no way shape or form distracting, and its not super loud so it isn't going to bother anyone unless they are REALLY persnickety when they golf. It only gives numbers when tapped/swiped but it DOES give an automatic voice notification when you reach the next teebox ("Hole 3, Par 5") and I really like that.

4) Its freaking cool to me that it just KNOWS what course you're at and when you change holes, even the doc was amazed by it.

5) Better voice than Siri :alien:
I
6) Numbers are impressively accurate when compared to my laser. Yes, its front, middle, or back, but its right on with those so far on two different courses.

7) Super easy to use. Literally charge, take to course, turn on, and go. I like that.

Going to get out with it again today, pretty dang nifty so far IMO.

As always, if you ahve any Q's please feel free to ask them!

I really like the idea of it announcing hole number & par- good idea!

Hey Jman,
What are your thoughts as to giving one of these away to someone on THP?

I think its a no brainer! One of these would be a REALLY fun little device for THP'ers.

Then its settled. We will add this to the great week of contests that will take place this week.

Glad this little exchange took place! :D

Jman I did have one question in advance of receiving mine, when you had it clipped to the belt did you have any concern as to brushing it with your arms on the way through the swing? I was thinking of possibly clipping it to the back of the belt, but I feel like I'd manage to sit on it if I took a power cart that day haha

Glad this little exchange took place! :D

Jman I did have one question in advance of receiving mine, when you had it clipped to the belt did you have any concern as to brushing it with your arms on the way through the swing? I was thinking of possibly clipping it to the back of the belt, but I feel like I'd manage to sit on it if I took a power cart that day haha

I think you're really going to be impressed, congrats once again!

No, no issues on my belt with contact, its really not big enough in that spot for that to happen IMO. On the back of the belt it'll be difficult to hear the soeaker as well I think.

I think you're really going to be impressed, congrats once again!

No, no issues on my belt with contact, its really not big enough in that spot for that to happen IMO. On the back of the belt it'll be difficult to hear the soeaker as well I think.

Thanks man! I didn't think it would be an issue, but you never know. Excited to give it a whirl later this week, assuming the weather cooperates...I'll play in the rain no problem, but I can't imagine it would be a good idea to get this little guy wet!

Thanks man! I didn't think it would be an issue, but you never know. Excited to give it a whirl later this week, assuming the weather cooperates...I'll play in the rain no problem, but I can't imagine it would be a good idea to get this little guy wet!

Yeah, I wouldn't think. I really think it'll surprise you, its just kinda crazy to think about how it can do what it does with no real setup.

I ordered one on Amazon for $150 with free shipping on 9/25 and received it on 9/28. Made it out to walk 18 on 9/29. VERY impressive little gadget. Clipped on to the side of the bill of my cap, it was not at all noticable. Walked up to the first t-box and heard, Hole #1, Par 4. Did not hear another thing until I got to my ball. There I swiped front to back and heard the distance to the front of the green. Swiped back to front and heard distance to back of the green. Pressed in the middle and it told me distance to center of green. I also used it to measure shot distance. Everything worked exactly as advertised, distance seemed to be accurate and it was very easy to use. The voice was very easy to hear and understand. I think I'm going to like this a lot! It also comes with a 1 year warranty...

Nice dude! Good to hear you're enjoying it and were also impressed as I was. It's just a pretty cool little device for sure!

Any more updates on this thing? I think I'm going to pick one up. My girl wants to get me a GPS for my birthday.

I've used mine numerous times now without any problems what so ever. I always walk 18 with 3 others, so when done I typically have maybe 30% batter life left. We average 3.5 - 4 hours for a round. I use it on all shots after the tee box so that may use more battery. Will also use it when I get a "boomer" on occasion to see how far I hit. Gotta tell ya, I really really like this thing. I always clip it to my cap. One thing I have been worried about is the fact that I sweat profusely when walking when it is hot, to the point of where the bill of my cap drips, and I was worried about that being an issue. So far it is not...

Mine is on it's way to me! :) Hoping I get it by this weekend.

My g/f bought it for me for my birthday. She's a keeper....I'm just so tired of playing courses that have no yardage marked anywhere....Can't wait to get it :)

My g/f bought it for me for my birthday. She's a keeper....I'm just so tired of playing courses that have no yardage marked anywhere....Can't wait to get it :)

Nice dude! Let us know what you think! I know for me, it has been incredibly intuitive and pretty darn accurate. It sometimes takes a minute to figure out where you're at, but no worries, just turn it on 5 minutes before tee time. One odd thing I noticed playing a course in Canada two weeks ago is that it doesn't seem to have front and back yardages at all courses - at this course it only had center of green. Still allows you to get a pretty good idea though, as long as there is a pin sheet or flag color coding.

Nice dude! Let us know what you think! I know for me, it has been incredibly intuitive and pretty darn accurate. It sometimes takes a minute to figure out where you're at, but no worries, just turn it on 5 minutes before tee time. One odd thing I noticed playing a course in Canada two weeks ago is that it doesn't seem to have front and back yardages at all courses - at this course it only had center of green. Still allows you to get a pretty good idea though, as long as there is a pin sheet or flag color coding.

I'm usually aiming for the center of the green so there's no worries there. I'm super excited to use it this weekend though! Will certainly report how it works down here.

I'm usually aiming for the center of the green so there's no worries there. I'm super excited to use it this weekend though! Will certainly report how it works down here.

Man, I'm getting all the treats golfing with you this weekend :D

Back