TaylorMade SpeedBlade Irons Preview

These are not hitting stores right yet. Still about a month away from hitting stores.
I believe that would make them close to a year from the RocketBladez release.

Sounds like 9/16 according to webpage for Orders, not sure on in store availability.

Sounds like 9/16 according to webpage for Orders, not sure on in store availability.

From the link in the 1st post.

Pricing, Options and Availability
SpeedBlade irons are available in 8-piece sets (4-AW being the most popular) and are equipped with a stock 85-gram steel shaft ($799) or a VELOX-T 75-gram (stiff), 65-gram (regular), 55-gram (senior), or 45-gram (ladies) graphite shaft ($899). SpeedBlade irons hit retail starting Friday, October 4. Wedges are available separately for $100 apiece. Learn more at taylormadegolf.com.

17* 3 iron :bulgy-eyes:... I want to hit that so bad

Looks only matter when look at my score card! I want something that makes me play better, not look like I play better.

This should be on the obverse side of the new THP Coin!! Quote of the year right there. QFT.

For the guys that feel ripped off that their Rocketbladez have "already" been replaced I'm a bit confused. Surely you didn't think T-Mag wasn't going to release a new iron for 2 more years? If you want to have the latest and greatest I don't think buying Taylormade (or any brand besides Titleist + Bridgestone) is the right way to go.
As for the jacked up lofts, they aren't so much "jacked up" as they are the new norm. Anyone still rocking a 48* PW like myself merely has weak lofts at this point. I think it's safe to say the standard has changed.

The RocketBladez were some of the best irons I hit this past year. If all they improved on these over last years is the color scheme (which I really like with the blue and 2 tone metal) and the sound (my only real knock on last year's) then this will be a great iron set. Glad they changed the name too, although there had to be better options available than what they chose IMO.

I agree with all that. I wouldn't have messed much with them either. The things that I didn't like appear to have been addressed.

For the guys that feel ripped off that their Rocketbladez have "already" been replaced I'm a bit confused. Surely you didn't think T-Mag wasn't going to release a new iron for 2 more years? If you want to have the latest and greatest I don't think buying Taylormade (or any brand besides Titleist + Bridgestone) is the right way to go.
As for the jacked up lofts, they aren't so much "jacked up" as they are the new norm. Anyone still rocking a 48* PW like myself merely has weak lofts at this point. I think it's safe to say the standard has changed.

I may be understanding you wrong, but what makes you think Titleist and Bridgestone are the "latest and greatest?" Sure, they have great offerings as well, but I don't think any manufacturer is the "go to" for every golfer.

Edit: I get it now.

I may be understanding you wrong, but what makes you think Titleist and Bridgestone are the "latest and greatest?" Sure, they have great offerings as well, but I don't think any manufacturer is the "go to" for every golfer.

His point is that they are on a two year release cycle.

His point is that they are on a two year release cycle.

So it was me misunderstanding his post then, I thought it may be.

I see where you thought differently though :)

I definitely see the distance claims. They aren't a joke. But where is this extra height that people are talking about?

My 7i (X-Forged) has an apex of 32 yards on well struck shots. That's 96 feet. The Rocketbladez 7i (with a higher launching shaft) has an apex of 34 yards on well struck shots. That's 6 feet higher. Who can make out 6 feet of difference at nearly 100 feet in the air?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Nobody.

I think you'd see that low face strikes are visually different. In terms of good contact, I saw the most difference in height with the longer irons.

Nobody.

I think you'd see that low face strikes are visually different. In terms of good contact, I saw the most difference in height with the longer irons.

Are the faces a lot shallower on these in the long irons?

I can't wait for this weekend so Hawk can finally get a break answering all these questions and let us lucky 12 do the work (He's doing a great job by the way)!

No, I always just attributed it to the slot. I did some impact tape testing on a Vector with low and toe being crazy forgiving.

I guess they are shallower, but nothing out of the ordinary.

No, I always just attributed it to the slot. I did some impact tape testing on a Vector with low and toe being crazy forgiving.

My miss is usually towards the heel. I'm sure they're just as forgiving there though.

My miss is usually towards the heel. I'm sure they're just as forgiving there though.

Yea they were, but they felt awful on heel misses. Not that most clubs don't as well.

I can't wait for this weekend so Hawk can finally get a break answering all these questions and let us lucky 12 do the work (He's doing a great job by the way)!

Hahaha. I'm cool with that! I'm excited for you guys. My Bladez experience was eye opening.

Man Hawk you've been killing it with the information on these. Very much appreciated.

I actually find myself liking these. As has been mentioned, at address I definitely get a burner 2 feel from the pics. Really doesn't look too shabby and the color scheme is better imho.

Man Hawk you've been killing it with the information on these. Very much appreciated.

I actually find myself liking these. As has been mentioned, at address I definitely get a burner 2 feel from the pics. Really doesn't look too shabby and the color scheme is better imho.
Im digging the new color scheme as well. Put that together with the two tone-ish scheme of the metal, and it's a nice package.

Edit: I get it now.

I see where you thought differently though :)

Sorry guys, I should have been more clear.

Yes, I was only referring to the 2 year release cycle and I was not trying to imply that Titleist and Bridgestone are any better than anything else on the market.

Im digging the new color scheme as well. Put that together with the two tone-ish scheme of the metal, and it's a nice package.

Fully agree. I like the color/design but I just want these in hand to hit. These numbers are insane and something I'm certainly interested in.

Back