The "Perfect" round of golf. V1

rightsiderough

Reaction score
Handicap
22.7 OOB
I've been thinking a lot lately about what the "perfect" round of golf would be. In my head I picture a round where I birdie every hole. Not 18 under, but a birdie on every hole. Not pars or bogeys and an eagle to make up for it. You hit every fairway where you want, every green, every layup/chip where you want and one putt everything. Any of the better players on here have a round like this or even come close to one?

not a better player here but I had a round like this once ......but then I woke up :)

But perhaps we should ask the "Dos Equis" guy

The perfect round of golf for me ironically has nothing to do with score. Its about playing with THPers. Something like the Morgan Cup with guys emotions running high.

Agree with JB. Golf to me now is much more focused on who I am playing with than what my score is.

(Although, it's still nice to make a putt every now and again.)

The perfect round of golf for me ironically has nothing to do with score. Its about playing with THPers. Something like the Morgan Cup with guys emotions running high.

Agree with JB. Golf to me now is much more focused on who I am playing with than what my score is.

(Although, it's still nice to make a putt every now and again.)
See this thread: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?48593-The-quot-Perfect-quot-round-of-golf-V2

hehehe

This for sure. Playing with THPers is awesome but the MC takes it to another level. Not sure anything on a golf course can top how I felt Sunday at the Morgan Cup this year.

I've been thinking a lot lately about what the "perfect" round of golf would be. In my head I picture a round where I birdie every hole. Not 18 under, but a birdie on every hole. Not pars or bogeys and an eagle to make up for it. You hit every fairway where you want, every green, every layup/chip where you want and one putt everything. Any of the better players on here have a round like this or even come close to one?

I think as we improve as golfers, our expectations of a 'perfect' round get more and more narrow.

There are a few situations where I feel like some part of my game is absolutely locked in, but if it's my wedge game around the green, obviously my iron game is struggling on the day, etc.

For the perfect round of golf involving people etc see version 2!

I think the perfect round of golf starts long before the first tee.

Was it spur of the moment or did you plan it for months? We're you paired up with someone or were you and your buddies together again? Scores were kept and money changed hands or you were just hitting away and having fun? Weather was great or you managed to shoot a PB in the rain? The beer on the 19th hole was the coldest you ever had or hot chocolate never tasted so good? Did your swing change finally take or did you key in on something that took you to the next level? Dinner with friends afterwards or getting home just in time to start the grill for the family?

For me, the perfect round is what I take away from it. Just remember that every one of them have the potential to be perfect and it beats working!

J.

A perfect round for me is when I keep it in play and hit solid shots. It doesn't have to be a PB but just a solid round.

My perfect round of golf is more social than scoring. It doesn't have to be with THP'ers (although these are some great people), but with friends. The weather is in the mid 70's, blue sky, slight breeze, no humidity. The course is in great shape, with green lush fairways, and greens putting fast, but true. The cigars are mellow and aromatic. The jokes, banter, and BS flowing smoothly. Everyone is in a great mood. The golf itself, anywhere below mid 80's will do nicely.

Golf to me now is much more focused on who I am playing with than what my score is.

These are my sentiments exactly. As proved in my rapidly increasing handicap.

I will agree with that.....heck my perfect round was probably the first round of this years Morgan Cup.....great company on the course Buckjob, Canadan, and WCBM, we all played great golf...lots of emotions and it was won by a birdie on 18...hard to beat that round (Well unless Buck and I had won :D)

Perfect round of golf in technical terms for me to be 18 para, 14 fairways 18 greens and 36 putt. The game was designed par 72.

Now a perfect round is with my boys

Once I score an 18 on 18 holes I'll quit the game. That's the only perfect round in my book scorewise. If I birdied every hole I'd immediately start thinking about doing it again and mixing in an eagle or two.

Back