What do you think? I'm a big Sam Adams fan but didn't care for the Oktoberfest so much.

Between the two I prefer the Harpoon. The SA is not bad, has a bit more of a spiced flavor than the Harpoon.

#3: Lone Rider Peacemaker

Been a long hard day, so I treated myself to SA Harvest Collection tonight. Just started with the Octoberfest and it's alright. Pretty simple, mild, I kind of prefer something a bit more hoppy, but ok.

#4: Abita Restoration

Delicious beer. One of my favorites.

I didnt realize they were still brewing that.

My first time having it. Pretty awesome. Nice long follow through on the taste. Really like those beers where the flavor is complex 5 seconds after it hits your mouth.

My first time having it. Pretty awesome. Nice long follow through on the taste. Really like those beers where the flavor is complex 5 seconds after it hits your mouth.
Pretty awesome that Abita does not profit off sales of that beer. All proceeds go to rebuilding New Orleans and other local projects since Katrina hit.

Pretty awesome that Abita does not profit off sales of that beer. All proceeds go to rebuilding New Orleans and other local projects since Katrina hit.

Wow! Didn't realize that. Makes it even better!

It's draft here! Good stuff!
there ya go!

They have any Lazy Magnolia brews? Southern Pecan or Southern Gentleman? Two of my favorites from an incredible brewery in nowhere Mississippi.

a6ehavav.jpg

The taps here at Taco Mac Douglasville

Is Restoration better than Turbodog? Turbodog was awful.

a6ehavav.jpg

The taps here at Taco Mac Douglasville
Ah! Taco Mac! I bet they have Southern pecan. Try it, if you dont like it, I will buy your first round at the Gauntlet!

Turbodog is delicious. However, Restoration Ale is a completely different brew.

there ya go!

They have any Lazy Magnolia brews? Southern Pecan or Southern Gentleman? Two of my favorites from an incredible brewery in nowhere Mississippi.

I've had Southern Pecan before. A solid beer. None of those on tap tonight though.

What do you think? I'm a big Sam Adams fan but didn't care for the Oktoberfest so much.

We can't be friends anymore if you don't like Sam Adams Oktoberfest. I had my first one of the season last night, I'll be stocking up on that stuff up here. Last year, I think I had my last Oktoberfest in March, I had so many bottles hoarded.

Ah! Taco Mac! I bet they have Southern pecan. Try it, if you dont like it, I will buy your first round at the Gauntlet!

Turbodog is delicious. However, Restoration Ale is a completely different brew.

I was really disappointed with Turbodog. REALLY disappointed... In fact, to the point that I won't try anything else. But alas, now I may need to reconsider.

We can't be friends anymore if you don't like Sam Adams Oktoberfest. I had my first one of the season last night, I'll be stocking up on that stuff up here. Last year, I think I had my last Oktoberfest in March, I had so many bottles hoarded.
That was the first one I had this evening. Love that beer.

My brother and I have a funny competition regarding Oktoberfest. Whenever we see it first hit shelves, we snap a picture and text it to each other as it signifies the start of College Football. Whoever sees it first and sends the picture, owes the other one a case.

I won this year!

I've never tried Turbodog. Have had Purple Haze before.

This might sound bad but I really enjoy Abita Root Beer! Used to buy it by the growler for my kids while I had something harder in a 2nd growler.

I've never tried Turbodog. Have had Purple Haze before.

This might sound bad but I really enjoy Abita Root Beer! Used to buy it by the growler for my kids while I had something harder in a 2nd growler.
Love purple haze as well. Half Guiness and Half Purple Haze is phenomenal.

Oh good lord that sounds good! I'm a big Guiness fan, had not thought of that combination.

I have very fond memories of drinking purple haze at Momma Gs

I have very fond memories of drinking purple haze at Momma Gs
Ditto, and playing pool and the worst pool table in that back room. Put it in one certain spot and everything funneled to the right back pocket.

Ditto, and playing pool and the worst pool table in that back room. Put it in one certain spot and everything funneled to the right back pocket.

Haha I recall doing the same

Back