Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woke up this morning to this, snow of all things, in Mississippi. Wasn't very much but I don't think I will play today.

BUWFD-snow2009017.jpg

37 degrees and sunny today. I keep telling myself that I'm done, but I just can't stay away. I had the entire course to myself, so played a couple balls each hole. Played horribly, but I was blessed to have one more day on the course. The forecasters are saying somewhere around 3-6 inches of snow in the next day or two. Sigh...

Very odd day. We had a 1 hour frost delay this morning and the temps only rose into upper 50's due to an intermittent cloud cover. I may have to move if we keep having these awful golf days.

Move on over to Kansas, C-Tech! You'll find the weather is more suitable for golf here! hehehe

17 degrees for a high today, but expecting 10" to 15" inches of snow starting tonight and ending Wednesday. Temps well below zero with winds 15 to 25 mph, we'll see wind chills around 20 below?

What the heck am I doing here??

We won't be as cold here, but they upped our snow chance to close to six inches between Tuesday AM and Wednesday AM. Plus a bunch of sleet Tuesday afternoon. Hunker down duey and be careful digging out!

You guys are all nuts. :D

68 right now, but a high of 80 and mostly cloudy with a 20% chance of rain.

Thanks Smally. I'm on the way out to clean off the 2 or 3" we have now and get prepaired for whats to come. These guy's are really good at keeping the streets and highways clean, but 3' and 4' foot drifts are called for, lol.

I'm breaking out the old Chevy this afternoon. It gets around a little better than my 4Runner. Kind of fun too, hehe

Suppose to be cold, windy, and wet out here in the desert the next couple of days. They say we might even get some snow tonight in the higher parts of the valley. Golf wise it looks pretty poor during this time. The good thing is that once this storm front moves out of the area, we will get back to warmer temps, and sunny, golfing days.:clapp:

Suppose to be cold, windy, and wet out here in the desert the next couple of days. They say we might even get some snow tonight in the higher parts of the valley. Golf wise it looks pretty poor during this time. The good thing is that once this storm front moves out of the area, we will get back to warmer temps, and sunny, golfing days.:clapp:

Your forecast must look different from ours. We have the same front that will bring us rain with snow above 6K feet through Tuesday, but they are predicting another front moving in on Thursday to do it all again.

6° (-12 chill factor) this morning at 9 AM. No relief in sight. And no golf... :sad:

6° (-12 chill factor) this morning at 9 AM. No relief in sight. And no golf... :sad:

You can always go take part in one of those polar bear dives into the lake.

You can always go take part in one of those polar bear dives into the lake.

Better hurry on that dive fourputt, wait much longer and you'll bounce! :blob:

Nice pretty white blanket of fluffy winterness outside this A.M. We might have 5" or so, not bad at all yet. Calling for snow all day and night tonight. The winds are supposed to move in this afternoon and thats when the fun begins.

It looks like parts of Colorado got it pretty good. Hope you guy's can find a nice fire place. KC looks like freezing rain and sleet, yuk. Stay safe!

It's trying to snow out there but hasn't done much yet. A dusting here and there.

We're supposed to get snow tomorrow so I may not be playing this weekend.

We've got pretty much nothing here. They still say about 2.5" before morning, but we were supposed to already have a couple inches by now. Up north got what we were supposed to, I think.

Some combo of rain/sleet/snow overnight. Enough that we're parked at the top of the driveway tonight.

I shoveled a bit ago and the neighbor brought his snow blower over, hehe. He have like 10 inches I'd guess. We cleared it of at 4 PM and by 5:30 what we had cleared had 2" on it. Blowin hard enough to drift up on my trucks and car.

Worst part is tomorrow when this freezes solid. Very chilly tonight. Pretty though!

It's 18° here right now.

We are getting 60 mph winds today. If it wasn't so cold, I would set my all time long drive record today.

Looks like we reached a foot of snow or slightly more. 7* with 20 to 30 mhp winds, gusting to 40 mph. Some guy in a pickup was stuck out front about 6 AM today, but got going before I made it outside. The drifts are really thick.

We only got a couple inches of snow so we lucked out. Its 10° here. Great day for golf!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back