Cobra Bio Cell Driver

Buckeyeduffer

Reaction score
Handicap
Work
How many of you have had a chance to see these yet? I came across an article about these. They are adding 2 settings and colors from the Amp Cell. Also they will come with Project x shafts or a black tie in the + model.

Just googled it and found some spy pictures. What a wicked looking club !

We will keep the thread up, but please keep pictures out until embargo has passed and then THP will have a full preview.

I know nothing about this driver yet. But The AMP and AMP Cell drivers were both really good sticks. I suspect perhaps a change to the myfly system will be coming. Either way I'm looking forward to seeing it and finding out more about it.

We will keep the thread up, but please keep pictures out until embargo has passed and then THP will have a full preview.

Thanks JB.

This will need to be quite the upgrade to kick the AMP Cell out of my bag.

This club will definitely have to be pretty amazing to get the Amp Cell out of a lot of bags. Most people that have the Cell absolutely love it. Can't wait to see what they've got in store.

How many of you have had a chance to see these yet? I came across an article about these. They are adding 2 settings and colors from the Amp Cell. Also they will come with Project x shafts or a black tie in the + model.
I found the spy pics, they were bland to me. Also someone said "Project XV Shaft in stock head, and Matrix Red tie in tour head" I really would be interested if the red is offered. Freddie told me a the outing shaft fitting that the red tie would be the shaft for my game.

I'll reserve judgement until I get a chance to see it and hit it, but I'll agree with Howzat and Smithfaced. It would take a lot to outdo what Cobra did with the Amp Cell this past year.

This is my exact thought! Take this for what it's worth, but a local Golftown employee has said it's quite a bit longer than the Amp Cell. (He's a Puma/Cobra guy so he's biased)

I'm curious to see 2 things here. The first is for those that have found great success with the Amp Cell - would there be enough of an improvement to justify a switch?...I wouldn't think so.

The second is for those that tried the Amp Cell and couldn't make it work. Many found the stock Amp Cell shafts to not work for them. I'm curious to see if the new stock shaft offerings combined with 2 additional head settings will end up stirring up the same buzz with a new group of people.

I love the AMP Cell Driver, I'll be curious to see how they improve from it!

I want to hit these for myself before I jump to the thought of there being no discernible difference or what is nicer and whatnot. One thing I've learned is you never know, heck, the AMP Cell is the one that really reaffirmed that for me.

I want to hit these for myself before I jump to the thought of there being no discernible difference or what is nicer and whatnot. One thing I've learned is you never know, heck, the AMP Cell is the one that really reaffirmed that for me.

I am not saying there will be no difference. Just that the AMP Cell will be a tough act to follow.

I am not saying there will be no difference. Just that the AMP Cell will be a tough act to follow.

I didn't say that you said you didn't say that you said there wouldn't be a difference. :alien:

Just a general statement for me. Especially with Cobra, they've surprised me two lines in a row now.

I didn't say that you said you didn't say that you said there wouldn't be a difference. :alien:

Just a general statement for me. Especially with Cobra, they've surprised me two lines in a row now.

I know, just wanted to clarify. I am really excited to see what Cobra has up their sleeve after a fantastic 2013. I am really hoping for a new iron to replace the AMP Forged.

This driver looks sweet. All I'm going to say.

Absolutely. I absolutely LOVED my Ping G20. Went into hitting the G25 and assumed it would be an upgrade and absolutely hated everything about it.

I've loved Cobras last few releases and hope this is no different. I'll be patiently waiting for the THP unveiling.

I have a funny feeling that the early pictures just don't do it justice.

I remember seeing the early pictures of the Amp Cell and wondering "WTH is Cobra thinking." Then being blown away by it in hand.

I have a funny feeling that the early pictures just don't do it justice.

I remember seeing the early pictures of the Amp Cell and wondering "WTH is Cobra thinking." Then being blown away by it in hand.

I think you're absolutely right, sometimes these leaked photos are not finished products, and for someone to say, "looks like crap!" makes me laugh. (Not knocking anyone in here, just a general thought).

Having seen some pics, I think it looks very cool, but I'll hit something that looks like a computer mouse if it gets distance and forgiveness. That being said, I'm still pretty high on the Amp Cell and I'm not sure if the Bio Cell will be able to really increase distance and forgiveness enough to justify the cost. I think a lot of what's made the Amp Cell so popular is that it's one of the best values out there right now, a present-generation piece of technology at a price point comparable to some some other OEM's older models. I bought my Amp Cell for a price comparable with the Rocketballz Stage 2 when the SLDR was on pre-order, for example.

I think a lot of the Bio's success will be in further implementation of MyFly and SmartPad to increase the number of possible settings available. I think it would be cool to see half-degree settings and/or more lofts with a draw setting, or adding in a fade setting for guys who struggle with a hook. I think it's going to take more than saying, "But it's longer!" to convince a lot of people to part with the Amp Cell.

I for one don't care if the club looks like old aunt Marge if it bombs long and straight! lol I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't similar in appearance to the Amp Cell albeit with new colors available and maybe a bit more tricked out.

Cobra seems to be in tune to "trendy", so I doubt it will look like a dud.

Forget the Cell. . think it'll take something BIG to get the ZL Encore away from me. :cool:

tappin from my big as note2

Back