The Official 2013 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did she seriously ask what kind of pace Manning is on for TD passes? Ummm, 12 in three games is a 64 TD pace.

As a Colt fan and a huge Manning fan from experience I just have to recommend caution. Quarterbacks can certainly carry teams in the regular season while throwing 40 times a game but come playoff time it is different. Timely running, stopping the run and a defense that can get some 3 & outs becomes so much more important. The QB still needs to make plays especially in the 4th quarter but when good teams bring it game in and game out the basics matter.

As a Colt fan and a huge Manning fan from experience I just have to recommend caution. Quarterbacks can certainly carry teams in the regular season while throwing 40 times a game but come playoff time it is different. Timely running, stopping the run and a defense that can get some 3 & outs becomes so much more important. The QB still needs to make plays especially in the 4th quarter but when good teams bring it game in and game out the basics matter.

Yeah. Only thing is that the Broncos are doing all those things. A lot of great teams out there this year though. Several could take it all this year.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

I watch a little NFL and really need to learn the rules. I watched the Bronco's game and Manning was outstanding. I would like to see RG3 back to his best but wonder if that's going to happen? It's almost like he's being overly cautious with that dodgy knee of his?

Heard a rumor from a friend today that the Bucs shopped Freeman late last week for trade offers. Willing to take the hit if necessary and the best offer in return was a 4th and 7th. Following that rumor, last week there were rumors flying that Freeman asked to be traded. He then said it was not the case. That is not true actually. He did in fact say he would like to be traded directly to both players and management after missing the team photo because of "car troubles" (yet had no issues thankfully when seen driving to lunch the same day). The story goes that he then stepped back off of that because he expected a rally from the players behind him in an effort to get the coach terminated and when almost nobody sided with him, he said he was committed. Practice apparently showed a lackluster Freeman going through the motions and him being late to not one, but two film sessions.

I don't get what happened with Freeman. He looked very promising a few seasons ago. I think it was 3 seasons ago when him and Blount just looked awesome and I thought the Bucs were going to be a pretty good team.

Heard a rumor from a friend today that the Bucs shopped Freeman late last week for trade offers. Willing to take the hit if necessary and the best offer in return was a 4th and 7th. Following that rumor, last week there were rumors flying that Freeman asked to be traded. He then said it was not the case. That is not true actually. He did in fact say he would like to be traded directly to both players and management after missing the team photo because of "car troubles" (yet had no issues thankfully when seen driving to lunch the same day). The story goes that he then stepped back off of that because he expected a rally from the players behind him in an effort to get the coach terminated and when almost nobody sided with him, he said he was committed. Practice apparently showed a lackluster Freeman going through the motions and him being late to not one, but two film sessions.

Man, I remember after his rookie year he showed so much promise. It sounds like Schiano is enamored with Glennon and it looks like Freeman sees that and sees the writing on the wall.

Man, I remember after his rookie year he showed so much promise. It sounds like Schiano is enamored with Glennon and it looks like Freeman sees that and sees the writing on the wall.

He has steadily regressed. I know a lot liked him after that 1st season, but truthfully it was the same guy. Shows flashes, but usually against a soft D (prevent) which is why he had many come from behinds late. He has continued since the beginning to make bad decisions and have poor hands and vision. He liked playing for Raheem because Raheem did not work the guys hard at all. He was more interested in being their buddy. Since a new coach has come in and he works the guys hard, the rumor goes that Freeman has from day 1 been an obstacle and a cancer. Trying to rally the troops against him, missed half a dozen meetings, skipped team photo, and more. Stuff can slide if he performs, but that has gotten worse too.

One more thing about that early season. They had the easiest schedule in the NFL that year.

Number 1 defence against the run this season so far.

This is where stats are interesting. Or should I say odd. Now I am not saying the Broncos dont have a solid defense, because they do and they are about to get their 2 best defensive players back in Champ Bailey and Von Miller. But one of the reasons they are the best against the run is because nobody can run on them because teams have been down by so much so quickly. They are 30th against the pass. Now that would immediately say uh oh, they cant stop teams from passing, which is just not the case. Less attempts equal less yards which equals best defense although not always a telling stat if that makes sense.

I get that. They are also front running and playing with the lead. Even an average defense will look pretty good when the other team is forced to be one dimensional. Not so easy to play that way in the playoffs.

Look at Tom Brady how things have gone for the Pats since they went with the high powered offense & bend but don't break defense.

For the record I think the Bronco's are the best team in the AFC but they are not dominant. When it comes to Super Bowls I prefer teams that pull it together late vs. those who start fast.

For the record I think the Bronco's are the best team in the AFC but they are not dominant.

Hmmm. I dont know. 1 slip away from a Super Bowl last year (going) and starting this good this year. What is dominant then?

Hmmm. I dont know. 1 slip away from a Super Bowl last year (going) and starting this good this year. What is dominant then?

Their offense is pretty unstoppable. If the D holds up, the Bronco's will go deep into the playoffs, again.

For sure but Manning only has a couple of years left. It is Super Bowl win or bust for this franchise.

For sure but Manning only has a couple of years left. It is Super Bowl win or bust for this franchise.

Truthfully in the "new" NFL that is the case for any franchise now. If you dont win it all, you were just one of the other teams to get eliminated. Look at the Patriots "dynasty". A couple of plays from winning many. This Denver team right now is the best in football and that is without their 2 best defensive players. Will it continue? Only time will tell that of course, but by the pure definition of domination, they surely do fit I think.

I don't think it is entirely fair, but the AFC West has a reputation of being pretty soft. I do think the Broncos are pretty darn solid and have played really well through three games and beaten some good teams. I can't really find a fault, other than Manning doesn't always show up in big games, maybe. Still a lot of season left. Von Miller should be returning soon enough (unless he does something stupid again).

2 words for you all: daaaaaaa bearssssssss.

I don't think it is entirely fair, but the AFC West has a reputation of being pretty soft. I do think the Broncos are pretty darn solid and have played really well through three games and beaten some good teams. I can't really find a fault, other than Manning doesn't always show up in big games, maybe. Still a lot of season left. Von Miller should be returning soon enough (unless he does something stupid again).

The Chargers do, without a doubt, but hard to call the Chiefs and Raiders soft through any sort of history. Howie Long is on line 1 for you. :D Frankly the Broncos too. Just so happens that for a few years, the Chargers were the face of that division and some believed they were soft.

The Chargers do, without a doubt, but hard to call the Chiefs and Raiders soft through any sort of history. Howie Long is on line 1 for you. :D Frankly the Broncos too. Just so happens that for a few years, the Chargers were the face of that division and some believed they were soft.

I was more referring to the past 5 years or so. Hasn't that division given us 8-8 playoffs teams twice in recent history? I don't necessarily buy it, but that might be a quick knock on Denver's dominance. Even though they have played teams from outside the division.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back