DCNatFan

Reaction score
Handicap
I play a lot of morning golf in the dew and my "waterproof" shoes only seem to last about a year before my feet end up soaking wet. The latest were my Puma Cell Fusions which I played in last Sunday after purchasing earlier this year and my feet were soaked.

Any suggestions on a shoe that will last more then a year?

I'm not a big fan of my black Nike TW13s in the sun as they seem to cook my feet (for lack of a better description), but they have been the best shoes I've had for being waterproof. Going on 2 years now without issue.

I reach towards my Nike Lunar Controls for morning rounds. Have quite a few pairs and none of them have had water issues.

I've read a ton of good reviews about ECCO shoes and they come with a 2 year waterproof warranty. I've only had my Oakley shoes for a couple months at most and they're bone dry after wettest morning on the course.

I've read a ton of good reviews about ECCO shoes and they come with a 2 year waterproof warranty. I've only had my Oakley shoes for a couple months at most and they're bone dry after wettest morning on the course.

+1. I have a few pair of Eccos and they are by far, the most comfortable golf shoes I've had and the Hydromax treatment seems to work pretty well. They aren't waterproof, but water repellent, so don't try to wade through a lake or anything in them ha.

Has anyone compared the Ecco Hydromax to the Ecco Goretex models - curious as to which are better for repelling water.

Whatever you do, do not try the M Project.

I have the Adidas Tour 260 ATV's. They're super comfortable and have a 2-year waterproof guarantee.

I reach towards my Nike Lunar Controls for morning rounds. Have quite a few pairs and none of them have had water issues.

I have said it before but the Lunar Controls are my favorite shoes I have ever owned. I picked up a pair of Lunar Control II's for this exact reason. I have a Ecco streets but they dont cut it in the dew or when its wet out. The Lunar Controls have been fantastic and have kept my feet completely dry even in Atlanta when we played during a downpour for 7 holes.

I do like my Adidas powerbands for that, i have a black pair (5 years) and a white pair (2 years) and they are still waterproof. I think they came with a 2 year warranty

I do like my Adidas powerbands for that, i have a black pair (5 years) and a white pair (2 years) and they are still waterproof. I think they came with a 2 year warranty

Ill second that for the Powerbands (Addidas). Never have had any issues with damp feet.

I'm Just Tap Tap Tapping...

I have been using theb Adidas Adipure Z for over two years without issues. I also play earlier in the morning.

Edit: According to their description, it's supposed to be very breathable.

http://www.gore-tex.com/product/ecco-biom-golf-gtx-shoe/1368919451384/

I have not tried the Goretex, but I would imagine they would be better for water. As I'm sure you know, the downside with anything that is waterproof is it tends to be hot and make you sweat so you're feet would end up wet anyway. Me personally, I prefer water resistant because they tend to be a lot more breathable.

Has anyone compared the Ecco Hydromax to the Ecco Goretex models - curious as to which are better for repelling water.

Really shocked to hear that you have had water issues with the Amp Cell Fusion shoes. I own two pairs and have played in the morning and in rain and my feet have always remained dry. Heck, I wore them in the two rounds up for the New England invitational back in June where we received about 4 inches of rain the day before and the course was water logged. My socks remained dry the entire time.

EDIT: I realize now that you might have gotten a 2 year old version of the shoe (Cell Fusion) vs the shoe that came out this summer (Amp Cell Fusion).

I heavily recommend the Amp Cell Fusion.

+1. I have a few pair of Eccos and they are by far, the most comfortable golf shoes I've had and the Hydromax treatment seems to work pretty well. They aren't waterproof, but water repellent, so don't try to wade through a lake or anything in them ha.

My main pair of shoes this summer has been the Ecco Hydromax. They worked well all summer repelling water, but recently they have broken down around the outside seams, and water is starting to come in. I've never tried the Ecco Goretex, but would be willing to guess they are better for keeping water out.

Look at True Linkswear. They have a sale right now. I have the the True PHX model but they also have a chukka. They are not traditional style, but are very comfortable and work well to keep you dry. Also can wear them to the course and in the car and anywhere and do not need to fool around with a shoe change.

Adidas Tour 360 Lites here...very good on the waterproof thing.

I use mink oil (which can be found with shoe polishes) to help the waterproofing. Applying it especially to the seams where the leather meets the sole seems to help a lot. After applying, a light brushing usually brings the shine back but keeps the mink oil in the seams.

I play a lot of morning golf in the dew and my "waterproof" shoes only seem to last about a year before my feet end up soaking wet. The latest were my Puma Cell Fusions which I played in last Sunday after purchasing earlier this year and my feet were soaked.

Any suggestions on a shoe that will last more then a year?

Puma offers a 2 year waterproof warranty, do they not? I'd call puma and get a replacement pair. If not my FJ XPS1s have become my crappy weather shoe. Waterproofing is great.

I've had my lunar controls for two years and never an issue.

Nike Lunar Bandon II

Back