NHL 2013-2014 Season

AVs looking great rocking Ducks 4-0 at end of 2nd. St. Patrick will get his first win on opening night. The kid MacKinnon got his first assist on a sweet backhander form behind the goal and then his first fighting minor. This is a very talented team that might just needed Roy's leadership. Joe Sacco blowed and coached well past what he was worth.

Roy going after Ducks coach at end of game after a Duck took a cheap shot at MacKinnon's knee at the end of the game. WATCH SPORTSCENTER FOR THIS!!!

I know it's only one game, but a great win, good play, plenty of goals and Patrick showing passion really has me excited for the rest of the year!
Jxaweog.gif

The staged fighting can go away. The heat of the moment fighting is still something I love to see.

Best post on fighting ever.

I feel a big trade coming once we commit to one goalie.

TTing

Why? Is it such a problem to have two young goalies that can both play well? Look at the Blues last year.

Why? Is it such a problem to have two young goalies that can both play well? Look at the Blues last year.

Because Drew MacIntyre is no slouch and he would hold his own absolutely fantastically. He surprised a ton of people in preseason.

I love Bernier and Reimer both. And don't necessarily want it, but I feel it might happen.

TTing

I can't tell if the Ducks just got that bad, or the Avs just got that good....

One game bla bla bla but I can't see the Avs making that steep a turnaround.

I completely agree. But they just looked so dominant last night.

Because Drew MacIntyre is no slouch and he would hold his own absolutely fantastically. He surprised a ton of people in preseason.

I love Bernier and Reimer both. And don't necessarily want it, but I feel it might happen.

TTing

Same thing was said about Scrivens, yet he never really carried his game into the NHL in the same way.

I think one of them will go down the road, but unless something amazing comes along trade wise, I see both of them staying this year.

It has to be the Avs are just that much better now!!!

They got that good.
Oh but they did.
I completely agree. But they just looked so dominant last night.
Wait for the rest of the season.

It has to be the Avs are just that much better now!!!
Quoted for truth.

Love that new contract for Pominville, this guy is so skilled and has a great work ethic, minessota people will love him

First Caps home game tonight! Almost time to take it to the poor Flames in the Phonebooth

Not sure if it has been discussed in here or not but I do like the hybrid icing, I think it is smart move by the NHL. So far it seems to be working IMO

Not sure if it has been discussed in here or not but I do like the hybrid icing, I think it is smart move by the NHL. So far it seems to be working IMO

I don't see the point of it. They say it's a safety issue, but it's not blown is when there's a close race for the puck, and that's exactly when injuries occur. I think they need to either go to no touch, or change it so it's only icing if you clear it from your own end. Anything dumped from the neutral zone is okay. That would at least cut down the number of races for the puck.

As for the tending situation in the parallel universe known as Toronto, I'm convinced they're both quality starting calibre goalies. I fully expect one to go this year by the trading deadline (probably Reimer) if they get a solid offer, which if they both keep doing well I'm sure they'll get. Maybe by xmas, but for sure both won't bleed blue by the '14/'15 season. I personally like the idea (well duh, of course I do) of Reimer, Bozak, and Gardiner (Carlyle hates his type of offense first play) to Edmonton for RNH. I actually like Reimer more than Bernier, but think the Toronto brass like Bernier better. And now that Kessel is signed, we can get rid of the 3rd line centre masquerading as our top line guy.

I like the Stars new jerseys....look good.

Nice 4 man fight to start the 1st period! Nice!

Holtby lit up in Washington tonight.. .727 before getting yanked.

.....against Calgary

Not quite the start I wanted for my fantasy team.

Holtby lit up in Washington tonight.. .727 before getting yanked.

.....against Calgary

All good not on my fantasy team haha Caps back in it

I don't see the point of it. They say it's a safety issue, but it's not blown is when there's a close race for the puck, and that's exactly when injuries occur. I think they need to either go to no touch, or change it so it's only icing if you clear it from your own end. Anything dumped from the neutral zone is okay. That would at least cut down the number of races for the puck.

Hmm I didn't know that they can let it go if it is a close race. I thought it was only after the dots they pick who was the closest player to the puck? Kinda similar to lacrosse

I like the Stars new jerseys....look good.

Nice 4 man fight to start the 1st period! Nice!

Agreed. I also really like the Detroit jerseys [I'm assuming] for the Winter Classic. These ones.
Screen-Shot-2013-04-07-at-10.51.22-AM.png

Hmm I didn't know that they can let it go if it is a close race. I thought it was only after the dots they pick who was the closest player to the puck? Kinda similar to lacrosse

No icing or anything similar in Lacrosse that I know of (played box for 20 years). But ya, the hybrid rule is that if the offensive player has a chance to get the puck first they let the play go on.

They blew one tonight when Tanner Glass was clearly beating his man to the puck.

On another note, Go Pens.

They blew one tonight when Tanner Glass was clearly beating his man to the puck.

On another note, Go Pens.

Ugh Pens.... Puke haha

On another note Caps PP looks good early so far

No icing or anything similar in Lacrosse that I know of (played box for 20 years). But ya, the hybrid rule is that if the offensive player has a chance to get the puck first they let the play go on.

Lacrose is similar to the ball going out on the end line and first player with their stick closest to the end line wins the possession.

Back