Need Putter Help!!!

jimmer1609

Reaction score
Handicap
So I'm in the market for a new putter, the only issue is I am left handed and nobody seems to carry a variety of styles in the New Orleans Area... I was wondering if anyone out in the THP could help lead me in the right direction...

I have a very tall putting stance
I like something a little bit heavier
I press my hands forward before I putt.

Im looking for something I could put a fatso super stroke on ...The two putters ive been looking at are the ping nome, but thats 250 bucks and the odyssey metal x #9 ( almost looks like a chipper)

Any help would be awesome

I just picked up a Metal X #7 and came from a Cleveland Classic 1.5, I've never putted better in my life...and even the people I play with on a regular basis have noticed. I did try the #9 as well and really liked it, but glad I went with the #7. I got mine off eBay..

Im a similar putter minus the upright stance and I'm a big fan of the Odyssey White Ice #5. That mallet had nice heft to it and makes for a nice easy forward press, putter head did most of the work. Feels naturally smooth through my stroke. Made some real delicate downhill breaking 5-10 footers with that thing that I dont do as often with my old putter.

There's a lot of putters out there, but I would suggest that you reach out to SeeMore and tell them what you are looking for. They helped me out, I have / had forward press and at least for me their blades were heavy enough.

So I'm in the market for a new putter, the only issue is I am left handed and nobody seems to carry a variety of styles in the New Orleans Area... I was wondering if anyone out in the THP could help lead me in the right direction...

Im looking for something I could put a fatso super stroke on ...The two putters ive been looking at are the ping nome, but thats 250 bucks and the odyssey metal x #9 ( almost looks like a chipper)

Welcome to THP as I can see your fairly new around.

I'm a lefty also so it's good to have you around.
You should look into the odyssey versa #7

What id like to know is if you've practiced without the forward press?

Try as many as possible. I liked oddessy and see more a lot. The see more I liked was quite expensive so went for the oddessy. I also found myself focusing on the line to keep it square and not the stroke, but may have got used to that

Odyssey's eyeFit might at least help you with some styles to look at. Have to figure they at least have it at a store somewhere around you, considering where you live.

http://www.odysseygolf.com/eyefit/eyefit,en_US,sc.html

From there you get some recommendations to look at. I'm a fan of the White Hot Pro series. Tons of different head shapes and priced pretty nicely. Might be somewhere to start.

jimmer- we are you 911 - contact us at info@seemore.com or 615-435-8015. #allstate!

Like a lot of others who have or will post, I'd suggest to get fitted or seek some help to set you in the right direction. I have not personally dealt with SeeMore because I'm in the if it ain't broke don't fix it mentality with my putting right now, but many guys have had a great experience with them and end up becoming lifers. I'd try them for sure.

Putters with replaceable weights would help you find the right weight. A used Scotty would let you re-shaft for extra height and adjust the weights at minimal expense. There are plenty of reasonably priced ones and other putters on eBay as well as here in the marketplace.

I would definitely vote for the #7 or a 2-Ball Odyssey. If you want to heavier than those then I would suggest a belly/long putter cut down to the length you require. There are some amazing deals to be had on the belly-long putters...

Back