The Official Banter Away thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't love ya anyless, I'm riding with car seats so I have no room to talk

I know buddy. I guess is it any different than riding around with a golf club on the side of an oversized vehicle? I guess to me, I have to go for convenience and since HOA does not allow Tour Van to be kept here, it might have to happen. Tour Van is not going anywhere anytime soon, so something has to give. Maybe if I borrow your car seat, its better...hehe

I know buddy. I guess is it any different than riding around with a golf club on the side of an oversized vehicle? I guess to me, I have to go for convenience and since HOA does not allow Tour Van to be kept here, it might have to happen. Tour Van is not going anywhere anytime soon, so something has to give. Maybe if I borrow your car seat, its better...hehe

Is it the size of the tour van, or the wrap job that the HOA is against? When you get a van, are you gonna splash THP style all over it, or keep it low key?

If I could ask, why aren't you looking at Town and Countries?

Is it the size of the tour van, or the wrap job that the HOA is against? When you get a van, are you gonna splash THP style all over it, or keep it low key?

If I could ask, why aren't you looking at Town and Countries?

its both. No commercial vehicles in neighborhood and no motorhomes in neighborhood. They are nice and let us do it to unload, load and keep it a single night at a time before our trips. We live in a huge planned development, and they are quite strict.

We briefly looked at them, but dont offer the features or the styling of the Odyssey and a few others.

its both. No commercial vehicles in neighborhood and no motorhomes in neighborhood. They are nice and let us do it to unload, load and keep it a single night at a time before our trips. We live in a huge planned development, and they are quite strict.

We briefly looked at them, but dont offer the features or the styling of the Odyssey and a few others.

Yeah, the T&C does kind of come across as an old person's van. Best of luck finding a good fit for you and the family, you might take some flack from certain people, but I think you'll love the utility it offers. I'll be excited to hear what you end up with, and why. Maybe a full THP review??

The Official Banter Away thread

I think all of the mini-vans out there are all pretty much the same nowadays. Sure there are other features on one that isn't on the other but while in Vegas all I could think of was this looks just like the Town & country we have been looking at. But to each their own, in the end I think you guys will like the mini van much better.

Minivans with stow and go are awesome.

At least when we were looking three years ago, the Odyssey and Sienna were pretty much the top two recommended options by people who owned them. I know we have been very happy with our Odyssey and have had no issues of importance for the first 50k miles.

I think all of the mini-vans out there are all pretty much the same nowadays. Sure there are other features on one that isn't on the other but while in Vegas all I could think of was this looks just like the Town & country we have been looking at. But to each their own, in the end I think you guys will like the mini van much better.

At least when we were looking three years ago, the Odyssey and Sienna were pretty much the top two recommended options by people who owned them. I know we have been very happy with our Odyssey and have had no issues of importance for the first 50k miles.

Thanks guys. Those are the 2 top on our list, if we go this route, but we have not looked closely at the Sienna yet. The new 2014 Odyssey has some amazing features that we are big fans of.

GregDan you are right for the basics of it. Find an interior you like with the features you like. I do think the Odyssey in person looks more like a cross over than a mini van though.

I was really wanting to save this until Wednesday, but I just couldn't.
netyzyty.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Thanks guys. Those are the 2 top on our list, if we go this route, but we have not looked closely at the Sienna yet. The new 2014 Odyssey has some amazing features that we are big fans of.

GregDan you are right for the basics of it. Find an interior you like with the features you like. I do think the Odyssey in person looks more like a cross over than a mini van though.

Agreed, it's the "cool" minivan if there is such a thing.

The odyssey is not a bad minivan, for a minivan. I looked at them when I got my last car but ended up going with a crossover suv, as I just couldn't do the minivan thing. Nothing against those that can and do, just not my thing.

Two thoughts, JB.

First, sorry about Duke. Our guy is a variation of the same - he had a rough life before making his way to us and the anxieties are sad and real. We have gotten to the point where we can leave him but we have to get a live in house sitter because he can't stay elsewhere for fear of being given up again. Stupid people that do this to wonderful creatures... Anyway, special animals deserve great humans, good for Duke that he eventually got you and GG.

Second, Honda Pilot. I often half-jokingly say it is a minivan without the side door and stigma.

Yep that's it all comes down to. But because of my work the only real option is the Chrysler. All cars have their ups and downs but I don't even look at the others, but I think if you can get something that feels like something "cooler" than go with that.

Yep that's it all comes down to. But because of my work the only real option is the Chrysler. All cars have their ups and downs but I don't even look at the others, but I think if you can get something that feels like something "cooler" than go with that.

Yeah, you dont want to get that thing tipped over or anything by showing up in a Honda or Toyota.

Yeah, you dont want to get that thing tipped over or anything by showing up in a Honda or Toyota.

It would happen. And has.

Am I allowed to post a non related golf WTB in the marketplace

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Am I allowed to post a non related golf WTB in the marketplace

Nope.

From the Read This thread:

Here at THP we do have a buy/sell/trade forum, Members will be allowed to view and use the Marketplace once they have been here for over 10 days and have over 25 posts. All sales in the Marketplace will be private between the buyer and seller. The marketplace at The Hackers Paradise is limited to Golf and Golf related items only!!

The Hackers Paradise website and it's staff take no responsibility for any personal sales that occur in this forum.

In order to post in this thread you must be a member in good standing(postive reputation), have at least 25 posts and have been a member for over 10 days. THP Moderators and Admins reserve the right to not allow a post in the WTB FS FT Forum, and the member will be notified via email or PM regarding any issues before a post is approved or denied.

Each sale MUST HAVE it's own thread, no attaching another sale to an open thread(unless it is a related item from the original seller).

Thread titles must start with : FS, WTB, or FT(For Sale, Want To Buy, For Trade), with the product name after for easy browsing. example: FS - Nike Sumo Driver(let's members know you are selling a Nike Sumo Driver)

Items being sold on eBay may NOT be sold on THP at the same time, one place or the other please.

Unfortunately, gift cards are NOT permitted to be sold in the THP Marketplace.

Threads may be closed or deleted at an appropriate time after a transaction is fulfilled. Email addresses and phone numbers will be removed from all ads listed.

All New threads WILL BE moderated before posting, so please be patient when posting a new thread. We will notify you via Private Message if there is a problem with your post. If for some reason after 24 hours your Thread is not available please contact us here: admin@thehackersparadise.com

In order to sell here you must meet the following requirements:
(1) You must list a price, general product description, and an accurate description of condition.
(2) You must include "in hand" photos, and not any eBay, stock, or otherwise watermarked photos(attached photos are fine but we strongly encourage users to host your pictures at any free photo hosting site, such as Photobucket or Flicker, and then use image tags).

By posting in the Marketplace you agree to the above conditions, thank you.

If you need any assistance with posting in The Marketplace feel free to contact via PM one of the mods by clicking on their names here: JB, Smallville, mcook77, ddec, tadashi70, or GolferGal

We do also encourage you to use the Marketplace Feedback forum after you have completed business in the Marketplace.

Thanks smalls.I'm on tapatalk and didn't see the rules thread

Thanks smalls.I'm on tapatalk and didn't see the rules thread

It's the only stickied thread in the marketplace. Haha.

Two thoughts, JB.

First, sorry about Duke. Our guy is a variation of the same - he had a rough life before making his way to us and the anxieties are sad and real. We have gotten to the point where we can leave him but we have to get a live in house sitter because he can't stay elsewhere for fear of being given up again. Stupid people that do this to wonderful creatures... Anyway, special animals deserve great humans, good for Duke that he eventually got you and GG.

Second, Honda Pilot. I often half-jokingly say it is a minivan without the side door and stigma.

We have a Pilot, it doesn't offer what a minivan can as far as space between carseats, storage, etc.

We have a Pilot, it doesn't offer what a minivan can as far as space between carseats, storage, etc.

Yeah we looked at SUVs and Crossovers today too and space and convenience did not seem to compare for our needs. I wish it was different, because that Lexus RX350 (I think) has some awesome features.

Fortunately for us, we have several months before the lease is up on our car to make decisions. We went in today expecting to get it out of our system and not like them. Came away pretty impressed.

It's the only stickied thread in the marketplace. Haha.

What happened was I clicked it, it went to the last page, thought I was in the wrong place, then gave up.

Damn IPAs

Yeah we looked at SUVs and Crossovers today too and space and convenience did not seem to compare for our needs. I wish it was different, because that Lexus RX350 (I think) has some awesome features.

Fortunately for us, we have several months before the lease is up on our car to make decisions. We went in today expecting to get it out of our system and not like them. Came away pretty impressed.

We honestly didn't want to like it because we weren't sure we could be 'minivan people', especially without kids. But we also agree, we are too old to care about that anymore anyhow. Next step will be to test drive one, that will be a huge factor in whether or not we continue to look into this more.

That's what did me in, as well.

Have you guys checked out the Sienna? Can you compare it to the Odyssey? Some of the features are really cool in it like reclining seats and extending middle section.

Odyssey has the vac which we love (but only in Elite) and the Cool box, but the Cool box was the big let down for us today being so small. Hold a couple of drinks though. However aftermarket stuff to fit the middle was easy and could be a full fridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back