Odyssey Putters Thread

That's pretty sharp dude!

Played 2 rounds with my new versa #9 and really like it. Had 32 putts on one round and didnt keep track on the second, but about the same. Have no intention of going back to the tank, Pretty happy with the results considering my approach shots weren't that good for the most part today and many first putts were pretty long. Might throw a super stroke grip on it, but we'll see.

32 is pretty solid putting. Nice work!

I'm still enjoying the WHP #1. Greens today were a bit of a joke - slow, lumpy, beat up, ugly, etc. Still, made a few and generally was around the hole most of the day.

Really hope Odyssey updates their milled line for 2014. The milling on my tour design is just incredible

I bet they will.

Im thinking of toying with a Metal X #7 belly head in a counterbalance format. 400g head sounds interesting

Why not just get a Tank?

Why not just get a Tank?

Metal X head is smaller (I'm pretty sure..) and the insert is different.

People who like the Metal X insert sometimes don't like the new-old revision XG insert...

Why not just get a Tank?

Sorry I just saw this, part of it is the insert and part is price. Its just something to toy with the CB in that headshape and the wife likes it so it might work for her in the Love is in the Air event.

Oh man that's sexy

Milled Metal X face like the protos that were floating around for awhile. Interesting.

I'll be glad to give it a try. I know it sounds bush league, but I'm not sold untill I roll it. I like the WHP insert.

Milled Metal X face like the protos that were floating around for awhile. Interesting.
I really like the look of that face, I wonder how it feels.

Does the WHP insert feel softer than the metal X to you?

By a long shot. I didn't like the Metal X insert.

This one will obviously be different though with the milling. It sure does look cool.

By a long shot. I didn't like the Metal X insert.

This one will obviously be different though with the milling. It sure does look cool.

I looks great!

I think I like the metal X a little more because the WHP feels so soft to me.

I just didn't see the point. If I want a milled putter or metal face I'd rather just buy a milled putter you know? If I'm rocking an insert it's a totally different expectation.

I just didn't see the point. If I want a milled putter or metal face I'd rather just buy a milled putter you know? If I'm rocking an insert it's a totally different expectation.

Fair point. But for those who love a #7 look and a milled face it worked out pretty well. Still seems like they should have been a white metal face or something to keep the trend going

This one looks to be a miled putter, so it's a little different. Either way, options! Options are good for everybody.

I've had quite a few but sold off a couple protype's, and td black series, and a 2 ball srt. Here are my current Odyssey Putters.

• Versa 7 wbw 34" with a SuperStroke 30 grip
  • Versa 7 US OPEN special edition
  • Custom Protype PT14 ix with White Hot insert 34" Odyssey Iomic black grip.

(sorry for the glare)
[click on image thumbnails to enlarge]

e8e890e6-951e-4c80-98a8-d673564c9a53_zps710912c4.jpg
5567813e-c889-4bf9-b765-6a5f17447567_zpsbc6741dc.jpg

Swapped the grip on my versa #9 for a super stroke 2.0 and cant say I like it. Think I might try the 1.0 or go back to the stock grip. 34 putts today, which was fine, but I did miss a few that I could have made. Im having speed control problems with the new grip, seem to be hitting my putts a lil long now. Not happy with that lol

Back