Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you people do to your phones! Only thing I've ever done to a phone was about 7 or 8 years ago I sent it through the washing machine. Dried it out and it worked just fine. Had one phone's screen mess up after it was four years old so I used the free upgrade to get a new one! (Both were back in the flip phone days)

My dad is extremely prone to dropping things, coffee, eyeglasses, golf clubs... expensive cell phones. The bad thing is they bought an otterbox for it because it was the only case they had it stock. Unfortunately the phone charger wouldn't work with the otter box so they took it off while it charged.... then dropped it.

I just went ahead and ran mine over with a golf cart, that did the trick.

Just a mini rant.

They make these cell phones so good looking now and pride themselves on the appearance, yet make them so break prone that you have to cover up the beauty with horrible cases.

Just a mini rant.

They make these cell phones so good looking now and pride themselves on the appearance, yet make them so break prone that you have to cover up the beauty with horrible cases.
I've been going caseless the past few weeks, and love it.

At the end of the day, that's why I pay for phone insurance, I guess. The only thing I have on it is a screen protector to prevent scratches.

Just a mini rant.

Cases have gotten much better looking recently, but overall I agree. How have we not come up with a screen that is not so easy to break.

Just a mini rant.

a reason I hated the iphone 4 design. Glass back? Are you kidding me. Needed a case. Then they knock samsung for plastic. But in the end a case goes on anyway.

I just said the heck with it. If I am using Flo$$ battery, I obviously have a case. If I am not, Im not using one period. We dont have the insurance either. Between the small premiums and the deductibles, it was not worth it for us.

Then again, we dont change phones out very often anymore. Its kind of funny like that though. I used to change every other month. Then I realized that most of them do the same thing now because of how app driven they are. Obviously some do things better. And of course people do a whole lot more with their phones than I do.

Wish she was hotter
I had always thought of S1MONE...

170788.1020.A.jpg

I know HTC, LG and Samsung are all fascinated with getting a phone/tablet with a curved display on the market...Samsung just made theirs official.

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-round-specs

sam_8897-665x424.jpg

While the technology is cool, I guess I just dont understand why these companies are so hell bent on having a curved phone? I believe I have read that these are for the Korean market only and wont be in the US in the foreseeable future, but again, I just dont get it?

I was under the impression that one of the reasons was for outdoor viewing.

I was under the impression that one of the reasons was for outdoor viewing.

To help with glare I suppose?

I use a matte finish screen protector for that.

What I don't understand is my golf gps's I've own I can see in different conditions outside but phones suck outside. Think they could be better

tappin from my big as note2

What I don't understand is my golf gps's I've own I can see in different conditions outside but phones suck outside. Think they could be better

tappin from my big as note2

I agree, the majority of phones (and tablets) tend to have a very reflective screen which makes outdoor viewing troublesome especially when it is bright, but when you can get matte screen protectors to reduce the glare it makes you wonder why the phone couldn't be designed with that thought in mind?

So when do people start talking down on Samsung for putting out the same phone for nearly three years now? Only difference is now they put it through a roller...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

So when do people start talking down on Samsung for putting out the same phone for nearly three years now? Only difference is now they put it through a roller...

As soon as they quit being the most innovative I am sure they will. I dont think any company has come out with the innovations this one has outside of maybe Google in the tech sector the last decade.

I will venture to say that my next phone will not be a Samsung. Pretty interesting stuff coming out from everyone right now.

I played around with the Note 3 yeaterday, and next to it was the Note 2. There is NO difference between the two outside of a slight form factor change. Kind of a let down that there were not changes made, really.

I will venture to say that my next phone will not be a Samsung. Pretty interesting stuff coming out from everyone right now.

I played around with the Note 3 yeaterday, and next to it was the Note 2. There is NO difference between the two outside of a slight form factor change. Kind of a let down that there were not changes made, really.

I had read that there are significant changes in the s pen functions

That will be in a couple of weeks, right? hahaha

That might be a big reason (aside from the glaring unlimited data of course) why I still have the S3. While there are newer, larger, more attractive units, I think the S3 is still a fantastic option for me. After my last couple upgrades, this is the first time I've really felt that way, as opposed to being insanely eager to upgrade.

That will be in a couple of weeks, right? hahaha
There is not really anything out there that is better than what I have, currently. Probably next spring.

Hi, my wife just showed me an electronic device call a FITBIT One. It is an activity monitor. Monitor your activity anywhere any time including while sleeping.
Anyone know anything about this. She wants one for Christmas.
Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back