Weekend of October 12-13

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
This is the Des Moines get-together weekend, and I wish I were able to make it up.

I am playing on Sunday afternoon at 2:04.

Have tentative plans to meet my best friend for lunch on Saturday, as well as a Google Fiber service call Saturday morning. They are going to replace the TV box.

Might play on Saturday afternoon if there is nothing else going on.

Headed to the Iowa outing myself. Sorry you can't make it!

Golf with thpers all weekend

Poker tomorrow night. Golf Saturday, golf Sunday, apple picking Monday. Nice little weekend...maybe a little Home Depot, I don't know if we'll have time.

Golf on Saturday with THPers, watching the Boston Red Sox in Game 1 of the ALCS. Sunday is more golfing with THPers and watching the Boston Red Sox in Game 2 of the ALCS. Can't think of a better weekend!

It is a fully family weekend. I am coaching my daughters basketball game. The son has golf clinic. We're doing a hike through a state park that is set up with a Halloween theme for the night. Sunday = church, with the son doing choir practice then a birthday party for the boy, too. Somewhere in there I'm intent on getting to the range.

VT Football on Saturday, along with hitting a sale at REI for my g/f to shop for hiking shoes and possibly getting my JumboMax's installed (depending on if they arrive in time). Hoping to sneak in some range work or putting/chipping. And trying to make Rogan Josh for the first time for dinner!

Sunday headed to Larrabee State Park, and hopefully a round.

THP outing in Des Moines. Grandaddy prep with my fearless leader

Saturday playing in my courses "LCC Challenge" 2 man teams. But players combined must add up to 12.6 or higher for handicap and it is scratch 9 holes of best ball, 9 holes of scramble, and 9 holes of alternate shot. Playing with my pop Maddog701 and we should have a real good shot at winning.

Sunday playing with Amsmith61 and Shankasauras. Making it 36 with Aaron not sure if Jim will play 36 with us or not.

Playing in the final off our club champs tomorrow. 36 holes and probably in the rain. My lovely wife caddying the first round for me and my dad doing the second round. Will be a bit strange as ive never had a caddy.

Friday: Have a busy day of work tomorrow, followed by cutting the grass.
Saturday: 18 holes in the early afternoon with some golf buds. Watching college football, golf that evening.
Sunday: Semi-annual 27 hole tournament with my regular golf group. We each put $1 from our weekly game into a pot that carries over to our semi-annual tournament. Pay out to 1st - 4th place.

Well tomorrow is my 5 year anniversary with my awesome wife. She is letting me play in a Presidents Cup event this weekend so Friday night is team selection, Saturday is 3 different 9 hole formats and Sunday will be 18 holes of singles match play.

As far as the anniversary, I am not quite sure when we will actually get to celebrate...lol.

I am actually going to start tomorrow. Jacqui is fixing breakfast for the maintenance guys in the morning, so I am going to go have some (biscuits and gravy!). Then the mechanic and I are going to go play nine holes.

Friday (today, it's 6AM here): Gotta go get some diapers while it's 50% discount. Then drive 20-ish miles to a golfshop to hopefully get myself a new SuperStroke grip for the Scotty Cameron. After that it's time to work and finish a couple of things before the weekend. Hope to get maybe 1.5-2hours to go and practice chipping and putting somewhere today too.

Saturday: no plans. Just pray the baby sleeps better and cries less. Probably have some visitors to check out the kid.

Sunday: fix my wife breakfast in bed. Get to the club at 10:00 or so. Practice putting and chipping, hit a few balls on the range to warm up for my 12:10 tee time. It's our annual "where the f*** do we play next year?" cup with my team 'easypar'. This team plays the winter team-competition and as it's the only team we can actually make up ourselves it's an awesome group of friends. Mostly low-clappers and/or guys and a lady that take the game quite seriously: we train and play together at least once a week.

Last edited:
I'll be working Fri-Sun 12 hr night shifts, not happy about it either.

I guess I don't need to ask you to play on Sunday then. Grrr.

I guess I don't need to ask you to play on Sunday then. Grrr.

Negative, the shift is a 6pm-6:30am. Forced to go there until I can bid on another position. I was close to just walking out Mon. but didn't.

They wonder why they are having union trouble right now, haha.

League tournament on Saturday and normal Sunday group Golf SUnday Morning, followed by football in the afternoon.

3 day weekend for me, gotta love the federal holiday schedule!

Sat: running a 10k in the morning followed by some time at the SPCA in the afternoon with some pups.

Sun: golf with THP'ers then watching football most likely. Definitely watching Cowboys game on Sunday night.

Mon: unsure....SPCA time at some point but no firm plans for remainder of day yet.

I might be able to play golf tomorrow, then we are heading up to Boston for a friends birthday festivities. Sunday is going to be pumpkin picking and lounging around until the Patriots game. Monday I'm going to play golf, and have an outside chance of playing at a really nice private course near me. should be a great long weekend.

Mancation Weekend my friends, mancation and it will be grand.

Golf this afternoon at a very private Club Corp country club called Stonebriar in North Dallas. Playing with the GM and a really good buddy of mine coming up from Houston. After gold a little Capital Grill for some steaks is never a bad thing. My lovely wife will be joining us boys out tonight as she won't be seeing me very much the rest of the weekend. And the guys love her so win/win!

Up and at 'em Saturday morning early for some bloody mary prep and we will head down to the Texas fair grounds for a little Texas vs OU SUXS action! Fried food, beer tickets and hopefully a really cheap ticket into the game will be accomplished. Stay till late evening and then depending on how much beer intake we've had, will head somewhere TBD for the evening/night activities.

Sunday morning will be more golf played and then was just handed some Dallas Cowboy tickets against the hated Washington Redskins come Sunday night! To say I'm excited would be an understatement. I get up for this weekend each year and it's finally upon us!

Have fun boys and enjoy your weekends! It's mancation time!

Wow Nate! What a weekend you've got planned. You need to top it off by being named to #theking on Monday! That would be a best long weekend ever!

Wow Nate! What a weekend you've got planned. You need to top it off by being named to #theking on Monday! That would be a best long weekend ever!

Ha....yea, that would put it over the top!

Possibly working tomorrow, still waiting to hear about that one. Sat pm will be dinner at home plus a movie or something.

Long run on Sunday morning followed by eating and maybe some beers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Back