Woo hoo I won, now updated with trophy photo's

lopsta5

Reaction score
Handicap
Hi guys I just wanted to share with you all cause im so stoked. I played in the final today, in the intermediate (10-18) division of our club champs and I came out victorious. We had to play 36 holes, a round in the morning then a break for some lunch then another round. It was a really windy day, blowing at least 40-50km all day with some squally showers. I started off quite bad and was 6 down at one stage back managed to get a couple back and I finished the first round 4 down. At the break I decided to change shirts to the one I had won my last 2 games with, I felt it was a good luck charm, my wife had brought it for me for only $5 on clearance.
We started our second round and I pushed my drive to the right but I managed to get it back and halve the hole. We halved the first 2 holes then I won the next 3 in a row and got it back to only 1 down. A couple more back and forth and we were all square at the turn. A couple more each then I won the 12th to go 1 up, my first lead of the whole day. After that we halved, he won then another halve and going up the 16th all square again. I ended up wining the 16th and then the 17th to take the match 2 and 1. I was so happy to have made the final in my full first year back but to out with the win, I was rapped, might even get a trophy at the end of year prize giving.
Sorry for the long post just wanted to share thanks.

Hi guys i wasn't sure if it was appropriate to start a new thread so thought id edit this one. Any way our club had our closing day/prizegiving on Saturday, we had a great turnout and a beautiful sunny hot day for a great game of golf. I was happy cause i shot a 79. After the days prizes had been handed out we had our main prize giving for all the people that won trophies throughout the year. We get presented with our trophies but they have to stay at the club as so many have not been returned and it costs the club a lot of money to replace them, so we have some photo's and they go back into the display cabinet, but we also do get a small trophy to keep for ourselves. any way on to the photo's.

This is me being presented my trophies. That is the club captain and the guy I beat in the final.

Me with the trophies. Sorry im not very photogenic.

A couple of the them, the last photo is of the little one i get to keep, which i think is cool. The little ones club fell out but has since been glued back in.

I also thought id do a selfie haha.

Thank you for looking and hope you like my photo's. I have really enjoyed getting back into golf this year and this is just icing on the top. I may do a reflection thread soon.

Last edited:
Congrats! Way to stay patient and fight back!

Congrats!!

Congrats! Well done

Thats awesome.

Very nice. Congrats on the win.

Congratulations on the nice comeback and win

Awesome..... way to bounce back. Congrats

I was wondering about this the other day. Awesome to see you win. Congrats!

Congrats, very nice comeback!

Congrats, way to keep grinding away! I would put that shirt under lock and key!!

Congrats !

Nice comeback. Thats what makes match play so much fun.

Congrats, man! That is awesome.

Congrats and well done on the come back!

JM

Congrats!

Congrats on the great comeback and win!

Congrats!!

Congrats!! Well done.

Awesome man, congrats!

Great win lopsta5, proud of you.

Congrats man! That is an awesome accomplishment. Coming back from 4 down isn't an easy task, good for you to stick with it and grind out the win.

That's awesome. Congrats!

Congrats!

Back