HyperIce Review Thread

Matt how far around does the ice wrap around the knee?

As far as I can tell, it's really going to depend on how much ice you put in the bag. Tonight I didn't put as much in and was able to spread it out a little more but unless you have really small legs, it won't cover the backside of the knee. Even with the cell about 2/3 full, I was able to cover the full front and both sides with ease.

Mine went about half way around my knee but I feel I may have over filled the bag.

That's about what I'm seeing, pretty well center to center of my knee.

Mine went about half way around my knee but I feel I may have over filled the bag.

At work we have flat ice cubes and pellet ice so I'm taking a bag of each home tonight and icing my knees before bed. I think there will be a nice advantage to the pellet and I won't fill the bag so full.

Yesterday, I used standard ice that fridges make, not crushed. It worked out really well so for those of you with ice CUBES that ate worried, you shouldn't be.

#ImWithChad

As far as I can tell, it's really going to depend on how much ice you put in the bag. Tonight I didn't put as much in and was able to spread it out a little more but unless you have really small legs, it won't cover the backside of the knee. Even with the cell about 2/3 full, I was able to cover the full front and both sides with ease.

Thanks fellas it seems that the knee one covers the majority of the knee.

I drove about around 300 miles today & as I suspected, was in pain when I got home. Icing it down as we speak & I have to say I'm feeling much better.
My wife even commented that I don't have "fat" knee anymore.
As soon as I can get back on the course, I'll update after a round.

I drove about around 300 miles today & as I suspected, was in pain when I got home. Icing it down as we speak & I have to say I'm feeling much better.
My wife even commented that I don't have "fat" knee anymore.
As soon as I can get back on the course, I'll update after a round.

No more fat Knee is a good thing.

Played 18 today and am currently Icing down my right shoulder. My shoulder was a little ache after playing in extremely soft conditions and my swing being a bit steep today. I'm hoping this prevents any issues tomorrow as I will be taking a lesson in the morning and then playing 18. I will be using this between my lesson and round to hope and prevent problems during the round.

Tonight I put ice in the blender to make crushed ice but that was a semi failure, cause my blender is terrible.

Some great reviews on the HYPERICE so far. Here are some initial thoughts after my first use.

Testing: HYPERICE Utility Ice Compression Device

Designed for: Ankle/Elbow/Wrist/Shin

Testing Area: Left Ankle, suffered broken tibia in Dec 2011. Area has lingering symptoms, including: swelling, crepitus, pain, limited range of motion and minor nerve damage.

First Use: Application was simple, done by loading the ice cell up with regular cubed ice. Wrap was easy to put on ankle area, has 3 straps to hold in place. The neoprene stretches enough to have tension to hold the wrap in place without cutting off circulation. The air release valve removed the excess air from the ice cell so it maximizes contact with the application area. This is a great option and works very well.
I iced for 20 minutes and even got up and walked around and the wrap held in place. No noticeable slipping or turning. I am truly impressed with the quality and ease of use. My previous method of icing was zip lock bags and plastic wrap. The HYPERICE compression device provides more comfort and effectiveness.
10227250666_03b4ffefee_b.jpg

Looking forward to using this wrap on a standard basis and hopefully minimizes some of the swelling/pain in my ankle.

I had a busier than normal golf week for me the last two days. I played 18 Thursday, lesson yesterday morning then 18 in the afternoon.

My shoulder was a bit irritated after 18 and the range session before. I iced it down with partially blended ice that ended up more like partially melted slushy ice which worked really well as it formed great to my shoulder. I did the icing twice Thursday night and my shoulder felt great come Friday morning.

Friday after my lesson(100balls) I iced my shoulder down on my way to my round using ice from the gas station soda machine. It was quite easy and comfortable driving to the course with the shoulder wrap on. I took the wrap of 45 mins before my tee time and took some warm up swings along with stretching and I was good to go. After the round my shoulder was a little sore but that was to be expected and think it was less than what it would have been had I not iced between my lesson and the course.

After leaving the course I stopped an picked up some ice from the fountain drink machine again and iced my shoulder down while I did some things in my dads cabinet shop. I iced it down one more time(30mins later) on my way home.

I was surprised this morning when I got up and it didn't feel like I had swung a club. This really really surprised me as normally my shoulder would have been killing me after all the swings I made in the last two days.

I had a busier than normal golf week for me the last two days. I played 18 Thursday, lesson yesterday morning then 18 in the afternoon.

My shoulder was a bit irritated after 18 and the range session before. I iced it down with partially blended ice that ended up more like partially melted slushy ice which worked really well as it formed great to my shoulder. I did the icing twice Thursday night and my shoulder felt great come Friday morning.

Friday after my lesson(100balls) I iced my shoulder down on my way to my round using ice from the gas station soda machine. It was quite easy and comfortable driving to the course with the shoulder wrap on. I took the wrap of 45 mins before my tee time and took some warm up swings along with stretching and I was good to go. After the round my shoulder was a little sore but that was to be expected and think it was less than what it would have been had I not iced between my lesson and the course.

After leaving the course I stopped an picked up some ice from the fountain drink machine again and iced my shoulder down while I did some things in my dads cabinet shop. I iced it down one more time(30mins later) on my way home.

I was surprised this morning when I got up and it didn't feel like I had swung a club. This really really surprised me as normally my shoulder would have been killing me after all the swings I made in the last two days.

That is pretty darn cool. I like the sounds of how you're able to use it easily between activities and keep it iced when doing other stuff. Whenever I've had to ice something in the past that has been one of the things that was always frustrating. I would always either have to just sit in one place with an icepack just set on wherever was hurting, or take the time to wrap it with an ace bandage which was always met with varying success and ability to actually move around afterwards. Liking the sounds of this so far.

How long does it seem to stay cool enough to be effective with this?

Checkered

I think being mobile while icing down is a huge huge bonus. Like you I remember being basically immobile when I iced previous injuries because of the way it was wrapped or shear bulkiness of it.

Depending on the relative temp and guessing type of ice used will vary. My blended ice slush was pretty much done after 20 mins which is as long as you want to ice anyway. The fountain ice was good for two icings or about 1.5hrs(20 on 40 off 20 on) and still had ice in it. I would recommend draining the water out if you plan to reapply it.

HyperIce Review Thread

Nice update GolfinFF! Love hearing when a product like this works as it's advertised to.

I really need an ice crusher here at the house, would make one of these worth the investment.

Nice update GolfinFF! Love hearing when a product like this works as it's advertised to.

I really need an ice crusher here at the house, would make one of these worth the investment.

Thanks Cookie, I'm seriously impressed so far.

I really need to figure a better way to crush the ice up, don't get me wrong the large cubes work but the small cubes/pieces seem to work better as it creates more cold surface area against the troubled area.

Loving the reviews, everyone, keep up the good work. Question for the group: any condensation problems pop up? While expensive, that's one of the cool benefits of the product, it seems to me. For example, sometimes I ice my knee using a ziplock of ice, water and salt then wrap it using saran wrap. Without fail, there will be some condensation on the wrap, so I have to be super mindful that I have a towel with me and where I put the towel.

Loving the reviews, everyone, keep up the good work. Question for the group: any condensation problems pop up? While expensive, that's one of the cool benefits of the product, it seems to me. For example, sometimes I ice my knee using a ziplock of ice, water and salt then wrap it using saran wrap. Without fail, there will be some condensation on the wrap, so I have to be super mindful that I have a towel with me and where I put the towel.
there was some condensation on the ice cell after my 20 min session. Expected to see that. Also, when I emptied out the bladder I turned it inside out to let it dry.

D I know exactly what your talking about with the baggies and all the condensation.

There is a little condensation but very little. My shirts are barely damp after 20-30 mins of having the shoulder wrap on. What little condensation there is at the edges of the bladder where it doesn't touch me or the wrap.

The wrap itself is mostly neoprene and neoprene is a great insulator. The insulation properties of the wrap itself help keep the bladder and ice cold by keeping the ambient air from the bladder.

I'm really liking what I'm reading from all of the testers, and like seeing a wide variety of "zones" being tested (knees, back, shoulder, utility). My question is about general use; this product is fairly expensive, and for those with a specific and continuing pain point it might make sense. If you just have it around for random injuries, could a specifically targeted wrap be used for something it wasn't designed for. I.e. could the shoulder one be jury rigged to work on a knee, or the utility one work as effectively on the shoulder? Also, if the wrap itself couldn't work for the non-specific use, could the ice pack be used with a standard ace bandage and still be fairly effective?

Keep up the great testing!

Thanks Cookie, I'm seriously impressed so far.

I really need to figure a better way to crush the ice up, don't get me wrong the large cubes work but the small cubes/pieces seem to work better as it creates more cold surface area against the troubled area.

Maybe buy an inexpensive blender to chop up the ice? Might be worth the cost to get the joint relief.

I'm really liking what I'm reading from all of the testers, and like seeing a wide variety of "zones" being tested (knees, back, shoulder, utility). My question is about general use; this product is fairly expensive, and for those with a specific and continuing pain point it might make sense. If you just have it around for random injuries, could a specifically targeted wrap be used for something it wasn't designed for. I.e. could the shoulder one be jury rigged to work on a knee, or the utility one work as effectively on the shoulder? Also, if the wrap itself couldn't work for the non-specific use, could the ice pack be used with a standard ace bandage and still be fairly effective?

Keep up the great testing!

The pack most definitely could be utilized anywhere regardless on the wrap used, in my opinion. I don.'t see any reason to think it couldn't.the wraps are a little different as they seem to be designed around specific body shapes.

Nice reviews, guys!! Peas the heck out of frozen peas!!

Currently testing the TaylorMade SpeedBlades for THP.

I wouldn't call it a problem but yes there is some condensation but not enough for me to worry about. I haven't had it running down my calf or anything remotely close to that. A little dampness on the bag but again, not something that worries me.

I have a question, how long do they recommend wearing the brace. Is there a threshold they recommend not exceeding?

Is anyone using this on their wrist? My biggest area of concern. Regardless you guys are doing an awesome job. Love these non club testings. Some of these devices/equipment can be more important than clubs.

I have a question, how long do they recommend wearing the brace. Is there a threshold they recommend not exceeding?

The booklet with mine says 15-20 minutes. I can attest that after 20 minutes, it's so cold it kinda hurts if that makes sense.

The booklet with mine says 15-20 minutes. I can attest that after 20 minutes, it's so cold it kinda hurts if that makes sense.
I used to ice in bucket of water/ice after soccer. Legs would go numb, I would expect that to happen eventually with this? Do you alternate ice and heat or just the ice?

Back