The Disney World Thread

The Food & Wine festival today in Epcot was great. Then park hopped over to Magic Kingdom for a few hours before coming back to our hotel. What a great day.

Any food that was particularly disappointing?

Any food that was particularly disappointing?

Most was outstanding. The only thing that I thought I would like and didnt was the blue cheese and figjam souffle from the cheese booth. Every country was just delicious.

Most was outstanding. The only thing that I thought I would like and didnt was the blue cheese and figjam souffle from the cheese booth. Every country was just delicious.

That'll work out then since I'm not a huge blue cheese fan to begin with. I saw the menu at the dessert stop and I pretty much decided that a sample of all of it will be required.

Dude, honestly, those aren't even close to WDW and even Universal, SOOOOOOOOO much fun! Something I really think everyone should do at least once in their life, and if done correctly (i.e. not trying to do it ALL in one day and ending up exhausted and pissy) most get hooked.

That is why we like to stay inside the park, back to the room to rest, maybe hit the pool and then back into the park for night time acitvities. I do plan to check out the Swan & Dolphin next time however and see how that goes.

JB....next time you and GG are here, let me know. I'm usually working a couple of nites a week in the MK. Would love to meet up. Already told Mward the same.

We did Disneyland for 3 days this June with family/extended family and I don't plan to go back for several years (despite what the kids say). Since the in-laws have a winter house in Jupiter it's a stretch, and I don't plan to get there anytime soon.

I felt the same way JB. I had to toss the soufflé after a couple bites. Also the Crispy Pork Belly form the Brazil stand. Thought I was gonna love it but was wrong. One of my favorites was the Venison Sausage w/ pickled mushrooms at the New Zealand stand. What was your favorite dish you tried?

That'll work out then since I'm not a huge blue cheese fan to begin with. I saw the menu at the dessert stop and I pretty much decided that a sample of all of it will be required.

It was better this year than in year's past I believe. Today we will be dining at Brown Derby for lunch.

I felt the same way JB. I had to toss the soufflé after a couple bites. Also the Crispy Pork Belly form the Brazil stand. Thought I was gonna love it but was wrong. One of my favorites was the Venison Sausage w/ pickled mushrooms at the New Zealand stand. What was your favorite dish you tried?

So many. Pasta w/ ham and cheese from Germany was delicious. Black pepper shrimp from China was awesome. Filet from Canada was awesome. Just so many good dishes.

I have been really looking into Disney cruises. Way more affordable than I imagined considering what was included.

I have been really looking into Disney cruises. Way more affordable than I imagined considering what was included.

I was also surprised. If you have some flexibility or you can make quick travel arrangements, they have some pretty nice deals for cruises that are leaving soon.

We'll be on the Dream here in just under 3 months. Wife is excited for her first cruise. I'm excited because I get to eat anything I can find.

You probably already know this, but don't forget they give Florida Residents special rates

It was better this year than in year's past I believe. Today we will be dining at Brown Derby for lunch.

So many. Pasta w/ ham and cheese from Germany was delicious. Black pepper shrimp from China was awesome. Filet from Canada was awesome. Just so many good dishes.

We have eaten at the Brown Derby, pretty good and I would do that one again.

I was also surprised. If you have some flexibility or you can make quick travel arrangements, they have some pretty nice deals for cruises that are leaving soon.

We'll be on the Dream here in just under 3 months. Wife is excited for her first cruise. I'm excited because I get to eat anything I can find.

That is my favorite part of any cruise. Enjoy!

That is my favorite part of any cruise. Enjoy!

Oh yes. SO EXCITED.

Thain, they do but their discounts are better for residents when you can jump on a boat within 30 days.

I think if you book through AAA you get a photo package for free. I need to call them and confirm that, then see if they'll match etc

Oh yes. SO EXCITED.

Thain, they do but their discounts are better for residents when you can jump on a boat within 30 days.

I think if you book through AAA you get a photo package for free. I need to call them and confirm that, then see if they'll match etc

We are really looking at them. Some decent ones coming up with veranda rooms (a must for me on a cruise). Going to look heavier soon.

Be sure to try the awesome Cobb salad if you haven't before. It's amazing!

Be sure to try the awesome Cobb salad if you haven't before. It's amazing!

Yep. It's my second favorite on property, soooooo good but the Grand Floridian Cafe's is just phenomenal to me.

emuqyhad.jpg

I have a customer that has been on several Disney cruises with his family. They do sound like a good opportunity for both the adults and kids to have a good time, as long as you are comfortable with a lot of kids being onboard during the cruise. Probably not so full of kids when school is in session though.

I've been known to ride that one 3-4 times...in a row. I'm a nerd but it's so damn fun.

I have a customer that has been on several Disney cruises with his family. They do sound like a good opportunity for both the adults and kids to have a good time, as long as you are comfortable with a lot of kids being onboard during the cruise. Probably not so full of kids when school is in session though.

There's also an adults only section of the boat with pools etc where you can stay a bit "away" if you will.

Mrsgolf4life as an Ewok

vuvy6e5a.jpg

So, how bad did you get beat on Toy Story Mania by GG today JB? :alien:

So, how bad did you get beat on Toy Story Mania by GG today JB? :alien:

No sir buddy. Worked her over in Buzz. Toy Story is already out of fast passes.

Back