Android Phone Thread

So now what? I have a brick? Or can I just reboot?

Not necessarily, I would do some research online before doing anything rash like pulling the battery. Generally speaking pulling the battery, rebooting into recovery, and then doing a clean flash, wiping the dalvik and cache, should get it going again. But I would look for a guide online before doing anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Took forever to boot into recovery mode. I am just restoring what I backed up before I started.

OK, the phone is back. I am done with that for a while.

OK, the phone is back. I am done with that for a while.

I remember the first time I tried to root. I thought I bricked my phone as well.

I remember the first time I tried to root. I thought I bricked my phone as well.

My best friends son rooted it for me a while back. Saw him today and asked about this. He says, "It's easy, just go here and download it and put it on the phone."

Shoulda known there was more to it than that!

Has anyone purchased the NOVA Premium launcher? I really like the free version and was pondering just paying the 4 bucks to get the premium version just wanted to see what you really get for the money.

Has anyone purchased the NOVA Premium launcher? I really like the free version and was pondering just paying the 4 bucks to get the premium version just wanted to see what you really get for the money.

More customization/options, more stability, more support and updates. That's pretty much it.

More customization/options, more stability, more support and updates. That's pretty much it.

Great thanks man. Gonna go grab it I think

So I just did my second charge on my zero lemon, I took it off the charger and I am down to 96% in 15 minutes with light use. I got 54 hours out of my first charge. Weird

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

So I just did my second charge on my zero lemon, I took it off the charger and I am down to 96% in 15 minutes with light use. I got 54 hours out of my first charge. Weird

Have you turned everything back to normal? I would turn everything on that I could, and increased the brightness to max while trying to run it down.

Best Android messaging app?

I am going to try to put a new ROM on my phone again. But I am going to watch and follow some directions first. Yesterday had me very worried!

I am going to try to put a new ROM on my phone again. But I am going to watch and follow some directions first. Yesterday had me very worried!

Don't worry. The first time is usually a fail for most people that don't know what they're doing. ...Except for me. I didn't have a clue, myself. But I'm just awesome though.

It's actually really rare that a device gets truly "hard" bricked (wont turn on, wont get into recovery or download modes), but pretty easy to "soft" brick it (powers up for a second and shuts right off).

The first couple of times I flashed custom roms went well. Then I got a little too happy flashing new roms and soft bricked my phone, got a crash course in restoring my phone back to stock using odin on my pc, not fun. I was a leery about flashing new roms for a little while. Well, maybe a day or two haha

Now I have my IMEI backed up in several places, and the materials to recover my phone using odin on several different pc's. I have no qualms about trying different roms on regular basis now, but even then I read up on them first.

Best Android messaging app?

I hoping the Hangouts announcement comes tomorrow and that it will become the all inclusive messaging app.

I hoping the Hangouts announcement comes tomorrow and that it will become the all inclusive messaging app.

The what? Color me excited.

If it is what it is rumored to be, it will be incredible. Another google app, similar to gmail, but designed for SMS will be awesome...

If it is what it is rumored to be, it will be incredible. Another google app, similar to gmail, but designed for SMS will be awesome...

Sure will be. Hopefully that is announced tomorrow

While I'm interested to see what's going on. Gmail and Hangouts are both major battery drains with their always on programming and has me almost moving from the stock gmail app and I won't use Hangouts if its the same way.

Would this hangout update support group messaging

Last edited:
Back