Big Break Glass Break - Which Club?

RPBGator

Reaction score
Handicap
Always watching the glass break competition and see the contestants walk up with 3 or 4 clubs. I'm assuming they do not know the distance they have to hit or how high the glass is.

Which club would you use most often?

This always looks like a punch shot from out of the trees, which I've become pretty good at, and I always use my 5 iron in the back of my stance. I seem to get it as high as the glass by perception and it's a bullet.

Just curious what others would use and see if I can learn something new.

Edit: Sorry mods...not Break Break

5 Iron would be my choice. It's what I always punch out with and it's usually perfect.

First instinct would be 5-iron, but 6-iron might be a better choice if the glass happens to be closer than expected.

Id use my 7i, seems to be a similar trajectory that I punch out of the woods with.

So far I would assume the guys/girls are taking their 5,6,7 irons then. To me they looked to have more loft but maybe not. Glad so far we are all close!

I would say 6i

My first thought was a 5 iron, but until I eyeball how close the glass really is, it's just a guess based on what I normally try to punch out of the woods from.

I am going with a 7i with an abbreviated follow through as I do with a knockdown shot. If my line is right I am breaking the glass on the first shot. Minus the audience and TV cameras.

Probably a 6 or 7 iron depending on distance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

It's either a punch 6 iron or punch 7 iron. TV gives me no perception as to its actual height and distance to know for sure.

~Rock

4 or 5 iron

Depends on distance and height of the glass, but either my 3 hybo or 5-6 iron

Tapping from my IPhone

another vote in the 5i - 6i group

I would use any club in my bag. But if I were to choose it would be a lower lofted club. Probably a 4 or 5 iron.

5 iron back in my stance and let her rip!

As bad as I am with punch shots, I am using the driver.

I'd use a 4 or 5i

I think I'd go with a 6i or 7i... hard to say for sure without seeing it in front of me.

5i for panda

Thinned 8i.

Got that shot down after Sunday.

Probably a 5 or 6 iron for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

5 iron choked down to the metal for me. Just because it's my lowest iron and I have gotten pretty good punching out with it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Back