Cobra Tour Trusty Wedge Preview

1/4-1/2 swings have never been this fun.

What kind of lies you hitting from? Try any really tight ones yet?

What kind of lies you hitting from? Try any really tight ones yet?

Good question #Cookie...that's what I was going to ask!

Just took one off hard pan green side, little 1/4 swing, down and through nicely and popped up with no problems to leave me 2 feet.

Taylor, the Tour Trusty's are played finishes and won't rust

After ya play with it a while, I'd like to see the finish. I had TM 2.0 irons & Clev. Black Pearl wedges and both finishes wore away & the clubs looked ugly because they ended up half black & half silver shiny

tappin from my big as note2

I'm a little sad they won't rust. But man they sure do look pretty. HUGE improvement over the Trusty Rusty in that department.

Love the look of that sole grind, can't wait to check Ryan's out today!

I'm a little sad they won't rust. But man they sure do look pretty. HUGE improvement over the Trusty Rusty in that department.

Night and day improvement in looks and playability IMO.

You know I wish they'd rust too, I'd love to get my hands on some raw ones.

Did you post a pic Jman? For whatever reason I can't see anything on tapatalk.

Some in hands with the DSLR after I got home, heck of a day. Very useful club for me in certain spots I see on my course, easy up and easy down. Also did really well with NOT pulling it when I could hit a 54 or 58 just as easily, I will NOT lean on this one too much. YES, there is a mark on the toe, deal with it :alien:

DSC_0702-L.jpg

DSC_0701-L.jpg

DSC_0704-L.jpg

DSC_0705-L.jpg

DSC_0706-L.jpg

DSC_0708-L.jpg

DSC_0709-L.jpg

DSC_0711-L.jpg

DSC_0712-L.jpg

Ive never wanted a 64 degree wedge until now.

Ive never wanted a 64 degree wedge until now.

It was fun. Better yet, the wedges are good. I think people need to make sure they realize these are NOT a re-hash of the Trusty Rusty's we saw last year that so many didn't really care for. Different wedge completely, similar initial appearance, but so different...and good, did I mention good?

I'm drooling over here, that wedge is gorgeous.

If I didn't have, and love, my Hopkins wedges, I would get two more of these. I really would.

If I didn't have, and love, my Hopkins wedges, I would get two more of these. I really would.

How are they in comparison?

It was fun. Better yet, the wedges are good. I think people need to make sure they realize these are NOT a re-hash of the Trusty Rusty's we saw last year that so many didn't really care for. Different wedge completely, similar initial appearance, but so different...and good, did I mention good?

How so?

How are they in comparison?

Spin wise? I think the Tour Trusty's might spin a little more from me based off this one and the shots I got to hit out in Cali. I'm just REALLY comfortable with the Hopkins, but I'm telling you, I could switch in a nano-second. Never thought I'd say that about a Cobra wedge. Ever.

It is not the same design. This one was done from the ground up in coordination with their tour players. Other than the flange cutout looking the same and serving the same purpose, the weighting, size, etc is a different beast. Initial outward appearance is similar, but that's it. The K-grind on these is really, really, really nice...much more effective than the "Tri-bounce" in the Trusty Rusty's IMO.

I want to throw this out there also, this one isn't a THP review, this is all be being a big ole ho and loving new shiny things. :alien:

Ok you have seriously gotten m attention. In hand picks are sweeeet! Not sure about a 64, but that is a nice looking wedge....dayum

Spin wise? I think the Tour Trusty's might spin a little more from me based off this one and the shots I got to hit out in Cali. I'm just REALLY comfortable with the Hopkins, but I'm telling you, I could switch in a nano-second. Never thought I'd say that about a Cobra wedge. Ever.

All around. Spin, bounce, performance around the green and inside 50. You know, the normal

All around. Spin, bounce, performance around the green and inside 50. You know, the normal

Not really a fair comparison since its a 64 and the other 2 are 54/58. That said, spin edge goes to Tour Trusty, bounce is extremely versatile with the K-grind and even thoguh its 8* bounce I can still do a LOT with it which surprised me, from inside 50 its going to be incredibly useful for me...in the right scenarios. For this one I only used it in certain spots inside 50 (namely short sides etc), I don't want to get too dependent on it, that scares me, I didn't get it for it to be a crutch. BUUUUUUUUT, I'd love to compare 59 to 58, that'll have to wait though.

Cobra talked about wanting to get the Vokey's out of their guys bags with these and the feedback from the trio was impressive when asked about them, that should say tons. They're sleepers right now, not sure they should be sleepers though.

Back