The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Lets not get crazy here. You know Tiger cant dance vertically. Tadashi proved that to us last week. :D
LMAO.

Forgot they were brothers...

Tiger just tweaked his back again during his singles match. I'm sure he's looking forward to a long break after this week to rehab the back.

Tiger just tweaked his back again during his singles match. I'm sure he's looking forward to a long break after this week to rehab the back.

He needs some HyperIce!

#ImWithChad

Or just stop dating Olympic skiers!

Tiger is putting up a hell of a fight! His back is really hindering how he's able to go after it. Pretty awesome to see him pushing through it. Admirable really

Sensitive much.

Although the drop at The Players shows me how little people know about the rules.

Brandel's not the only person out there of the opinion that Tiger cheated.

The article went too far IMHO
tap tap taparoo

It was an interesting article but I don't think Tiger intentionally cheated. I wish he would have DQ'd himself at the masters though, I'm sure it would have put a lot of speculation to rest. It certainly rang of favoritism.

It was an interesting article but I don't think Tiger intentionally cheated. I wish he would have DQ'd himself at the masters though, I'm sure it would have put a lot of speculation to rest. It certainly rang of favoritism.

A controversy ensued because Woods was not disqualified for signing an incorrect scorecard. Masters officials maintained they erred by not discussing the possibility of an infraction before letting him sign.

The situation could have been resolved Friday afternoon had they looked further into it when he was in the scoring tent, before he signed his card. He screwed up by messing up the drop, they screwed up by knowing they could have a possible issue and doing nothing about it until it started to snowball later that evening.

Looks like Tiger's agent is contemplating a lawsuit versus Brandel Chamblee and his recent article on golf.com. I'm guessing a defamation lawsuit for insinuating he cheated the rules this year? That might be a stretch but interesting nonetheless ....

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/...nt-threatens-lawsuit-analyst-brandel-chamblee

Golf.com article
http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-gets-f-brandel-chamblees-year-end-grades?eref=sihp

Hopefully GC fires him. No bigger douche in golf than Brandel Chamblee.

Looks like Tiger's agent is contemplating a lawsuit versus Brandel Chamblee and his recent article on golf.com. I'm guessing a defamation lawsuit for insinuating he cheated the rules this year? That might be a stretch but interesting nonetheless ....

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/...nt-threatens-lawsuit-analyst-brandel-chamblee

Golf.com article
http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-gets-f-brandel-chamblees-year-end-grades?eref=sihp

Got a text in this from espn earlier and it's quite absurd IMO. A lawsuit? Really?

Got a text in this from espn earlier and it's quite absurd IMO. A lawsuit? Really?

Really sensitive tough from Tiger's agent. They won't sue. They just to show Brandel whose boss.

A controversy ensued because Woods was not disqualified for signing an incorrect scorecard. Masters officials maintained they erred by not discussing the possibility of an infraction before letting him sign.

The situation could have been resolved Friday afternoon had they looked further into it when he was in the scoring tent, before he signed his card. He screwed up by messing up the drop, they screwed up by knowing they could have a possible issue and doing nothing about it until it started to snowball later that evening.
Too bad no one at any other tournament said they should have said something to Camillo Villegas or countless others they disqualified for signing an incorrect scorecard and instead put it on the tournament officials.

I hear ya dude, and I know the old gray hairs screwed up the move on that one, but I still believe in my heart walking would have been the right thing to do. I don't fault him for staying, they laid down the groundwork for that by their negligence.

Too bad no one at any other tournament said they should have said something to Camillo Villegas or countless others they disqualified for signing an incorrect scorecard and instead put it on the tournament officials.

The rule change was enacted in April 2011 after the incident involving Padraig Harrington in January 2011, where his ball was seen to have moved forward a dimple or two and was only noticed when watching multiple times and possibly even slow motion.

It's unofficially known as the Padraig Harrington rule.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2011/apr/07/golf-rule-change-padraig-harrington

Yeah it seems like he overreacted here. I'm sure there's more in the past that we don't know about and he's fed up with the guy. I thought the article was an attempt to be sarcastic and humorous at first. Then I read the Tiger piece and thought damn that's kinda messed up but not surprising coming from Chamblee.

Oh yes, I forgot.

All good, I wish it would have been in place way before these situations came up. Stupid that they even take these calls into consideration. No other sport allows this, yet golf does.

All good, I wish it would have been in place way before these situations came up. Stupid that they even take these calls into consideration. No other sport allows this, yet golf does.

Iagree with this whole heartedly, I'm tired of the phone in refs, they need to stop this policy and leave it up to the player to call it on themselves. Let integrity and character ring true.

Last edited:
Yeah it seems like he overreacted here. I'm sure there's more in the past that we don't know about and he's fed up with the guy. I thought the article was an attempt to be sarcastic and humorous at first. Then I read the Tiger piece and thought damn that's kinda messed up but not surprising coming from Chamblee.

Here is the text:
"ESPN Golf - Agent for Tiger Woods threatens lawsuit against analyst Brandel Chamblee"

So I'm thinking he must have said/done something pretty nasty to warrant such a fuss and to get espn to send out a text. Then I read he called him a cheater. Heck he just insinuated that he was a cheater, didn't even call him one.

C'mon man!

I generally think Chamblee does a good job even though he can get a little intense and carried away, which is what happened here. I don't necessarily agree with what he wrote and I think he wrote it in an obnoxious way but that's his opinion to have, so whatever.

I read a lot of golf articles and I had not read this one and probably wasn't going to go out of my way to read it, which leads me to think that Tiger's camp only hurt the situation by making light of it. I get wanting to nip this whole "cheater" underswell that has manifested, but I just don't think there's much tiger can do about it other than play golf. I don't think threatening chamblee for being obnoxious is going to change anyone's mind either way nor will it do much to make any of this go away. For that I question the move.

Back