Webb Simpson - WITB From 2013 Shriners

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a look at WITB for Webb Simpson in his win from this weekend.

Driver - Titleist 913D3 10.5* w/ UST Mamiya VTS 6x shaft
FW Woods - Titleist 913F 15* * 913FD 18* w/ UST Mamiya VTS 8x shafts
Hybrid - Titleist 913H 20* w/ Graphite Design DI 105x
Irons - Titleist 680 (4-9) w/ True Temper DG x100
Wedges - Vokey SM4 48* w/ True Temper DG x100 & 54 & 58 w/ True Temper DG s400
Putter - Ping G5i Craz-E B Belly
Ball - Titleist Pro V1x

Interesting that he went back to the 680's. IIRC he was gaming AP2's for a part of last season correct? Just not getting the results he wanted from those?

• Admin
Interesting that he went back to the 680's. IIRC he was gaming AP2's for a part of last season correct? Just not getting the results he wanted from those?

He has switched back and forth since 2011. He told us it was based on course, but there is no telling why he switches around.

He likes those VTS shafts, good stuff.

no early adoption of the sm5 wedges. First win since the US Open. Good for Webb, got the 2014 season off to a good start.

Man, I had no idea that wasn't a Scotty putter.

Would not expect a titleist player to be gaming a ping putter. Nothing wrong with Ping's, i just dont like them, and i find it weird that he wouldnt be using a scotty.

no early adoption of the sm5 wedges. First win since the US Open. Good for Webb, got the 2014 season off to a good start.

That actually doesn't surprise me at all. He seems to be one of those who doesn't like a lot of change through his bag, ever. He games that black/yellow Proforce V2 for ever it seemed.

Hawk, for the longest time I though he gamed an Odyssey mainly because the grip looks like one of their split grips..lkl

Interesting he went FW in the 3 and FWD in the 5. I would have guessed other way around

Very interesting with newer woods but older irons.

Any cardigans in the back in case it cooled off?

Another Titleist guy that does not game a Scotty.....

Webb loves those ust shafts

Hawk, for the longest time I though he gamed an Odyssey mainly because the grip looks like one of their split grips..lkl

I always thought it was an Odyssey based on the grip too. Part of the reason why I always look forward to the WITB, to see how wrong I am about equipment people are bagging.

I was lucky enough to be there and close enough to see that bag and I was shocked to see the 680's in there. Works for him though! Also, Bohn was gaming the AP2 714s, and Zach Johnson still playing the 712's. I just figured he'd have stepped up to the new ones. Oh, and Ryan Moore was playing a TM Superfast TP. I kind of dig it when they play some of the older models!

Love seeing these. Always neat to have a little insight to what the pros are playing. Thanks.

Back